Graphic Cards Colours and Corruption

hardboy

Disciple
Hi

Build by ATI radeon 9800pro 128mb

1)It sometimes displays artifacts or something that should not be in games.But this afternoon for sometime it i think was not showing artifacts etc for sometime,not the whole time.

2)The text appears distorted or cut sometimes and often when another thing is dragged over it , if even it is highlighted by the mouse the distortion goes.

3)Sometimes the monitor becomes pinkish and sometimes flickers pink like i think so probably.
Once when comp was starting , the bios text was pink and something otherwise written in yellow maybe ,'energy' or something i think appeared orange like.

4)Sometimes the screen has dots of different colous and sometimes they go by opening a window if they are in the taskbar for example but if they are in the desktop screen like wallpaper they may not go.

5)UT2004 i kind of loose control over the keyboard and mouse.

5)In collin mc rally 2004 and 2003 were more or less fine in this respect however in 03 the movie qulaity was not too good.

6)Is this a :
psu problem
heating problem
graphic card problem

I have 300watts mercury
Should a 450watts smart power antec solve the prob?

How do i check the gpu temp?
For 1.7willamette
40gb 7200rpm
256mb sd ram
is 41 for cpu and about 50 for system ok after using the comp for few minutes?

finally should i have it rma'd
what will be the total cost .
i from delhi will have to send by courried or something to californi to uncle then then he will need to send to company and the same process will go backwards.
what will be total cost , time?
will there be customs?

Attachments

• 1024.JPG
    1024.JPG
    87 KB · Views: 150
  • desktop2.JPG
    desktop2.JPG
    72.1 KB · Views: 154
  • desktop.JPG
    desktop.JPG
    21.8 KB · Views: 155
  • splinter cell.JPG
    splinter cell.JPG
    41.1 KB · Views: 162
  • splinter cell 2.JPG
    splinter cell 2.JPG
    34.8 KB · Views: 145
1. Ur gfx card is bust PERIOD

2. the only way to measure temps is to touch the heatsink while the card is running. You can find it easily if the card is hot or not.

3. RMA, a TA user (shunya) sent his Leadtek 6800GT to the US for RMA via courier, it cost him 3K to send, 3K for the card to return (incl customs). He had sent it thru DHL couriers....

I had similar problems when i bought a card from baazee, the seller said my slot is dusty and i shuld clean it with a brush.
I returned the card the same day.

is this temp normal with 2-3mintues ac switch on before and running

cpu-27
system-31

4-5minutes splinter cell pandora tomorrow
cpu-31
system-40

also , i think i installed collin mc rally 03 yesterday,was working,now display prob

how much do you feel total cost would be of custom + transport etc
what is the sum of this cost + the cost i can sell the card after repairs

is it worth going for the a new one for alomst the same price.g6600gt

instead of taking all the worries, making so many threads, CHANGE YOUR DAMN PSU. if it still dosent work, well sunyy stated the costs and the time..

you will get about 7-8K after u get it from replacement...

u'll get 6-7K cost whhile repleacing..

and u'll be lucky even to sell the repaired one for 5K.....so u r in for a loss

if u sell it just as it is, an enthusiast may ask abt 1K-1.5K for it. I remember Aberzee sell his artefacting 9550Pro for 700 to Deejay ;)

look at this if i do this way
i send it to the company ,spend whatever is required.

now the company has it repaired or new , so should it not be as good as new?

if i sell it to my mamu or his frined etc in the states for about 5k
instead of buying amd 3500winchester if i go for 3200winnie,i again save 5k

10k is here
add 1-1.5 for geforce 6600pcie and go for pci-e mobo
by the way which mobo comes in indai for 10k and under for pcie

How is the plan:
Working card,sold for 5-7 in india got xfx 128mb geforce 6600gt for 10.5k + Msi neo 4 V
not,working goes to us,what are the customs ratesold for 50-60$ maybe there and not comes here ,say trip saves 2-3k

in either way i get 4-5k ,rest 5k can be saved from not taking 3500 and taking 3200 and 1-2may need to be added.

which mobo should be taken?

DUDE I HAD THE SAME PROBLEMS!
I applied Arctic Silver 5 to my card with a lot of help from my friend at Chip magazine, became ok for a week or 2, then again problems, turns out my 12V rail was going down to 10.8V !! PSU!!! And this was a 400W VIP! So i removed my monitor's power cord from my PSU and put it into the wall socket directly, and my 12V is back to 12.1V and my system rocks!!!!
Try a diff PSU dude, or also apply some fresh thermal paste esp if your card is over a year-year and a half old!!
Need any more help then PM me but i guess not before trying those 2 things!

There is no point in suggesting any solutions. Instead of checking on the possible solutions provided, he will come up with a brand new theory about how something else in his system cud be causing the problem.

Back