Video chromecast vs teewe 2 vs ????!

Its mostly sold online, doubt you'll get it offline.

Yes you discover the video on an independent device and then press the play on chromecast button. The phone then sends the link of the video to chromecast which it then streams independently. However both are closely tied like seeking the video etc. On MK808, you can discover, play and use all other features of the youtube app on the tv independently. Put a 500Rs wireless mouse and everything just works. Or download the google remore app for the phone to control it via wifi. (You wont find it in play store though, there is an apk)

Are you still in Nagpur?

thanks again, and thanks to everyone here! so CC is now effectively out of my wishlist. shall place the order soon today.

and sadly (though fortunately or unfortunately, can't really comment :p), am not anymore in Ngp., but at Thane/Mumbai.[DOUBLEPOST=1441887262][/DOUBLEPOST]
@Kilroyquasar check newer versions of MK808 Plus. Mk808 is old now and iirc, they released some revisions.

the latest i could find is MK808B Plus only. @Party Monger and @vyral_143 should be able to tell.[DOUBLEPOST=1441887721][/DOUBLEPOST]oh and yes! the snapdeal coupon for google chromecast remains with me. applicable till tonight, 0000 hrs. if anybody wants (though i doubt :p), just PM me. discount is of 1k, making the price of the CC as 1,599/-. its working; i tested it.

Last edited:
Model we have got and latest available in this series (IIRC) is MK808B Plus.

thanks!
@avi too - i found MK809iv Plus as another variant, upon a clue by @sharktale1212. but read that there's no apparent difference between 808 and 809, and that the latter has little-to-no ROM support, as against the former. so perhaps 808 would be a better buy.[DOUBLEPOST=1441889930][/DOUBLEPOST]BTW, coupon-code for chromecast shared with a member on another forum. :)

thanks!
@avi too - i found MK809iv Plus as another variant, upon a clue by @sharktale1212. but read that there's no apparent difference between 808 and 809, and that the latter has little-to-no ROM support, as against the former. so perhaps 808 would be a better buy.[DOUBLEPOST=1441889930][/DOUBLEPOST]BTW, coupon-code for chromecast shared with a member on another forum. :)
If the name is different by even a single character and you like it, then research from the start and dont assume any features or things you read about other models.

If the name is different by even a single character and you like it, then research from the start and dont assume any features or things you read about other models.

thanks, but found nothing to my liking in it.
have just placed the order for MK808B Plus and a wireless keyboard. thanks a lot everybody!

I have tweeve 2, I don't have any issue as such with it

Only downside is 1. you can't play youtube videos where the owner has restricted it in browsers only, I have heard that chromecast support such videos. I have not much issue with this, if I encounter some videos(which are pretty rare for me, I watch it on mobile only) all of VEVO HD song works.

2. Can't cast the mobile screen(can cast the desktop screen), meaning if some file format is not supported by Teewe, then you can't play it from the phone(happened with me with .mkv format, so now I'm careful of downloading only MP4 formats(I download on mobile itself, have 2 years old cheap Zen andriod phone with 16GB card, and play the videos from phone only), so total wire free solution to downloading torrents and watching. No need of computer at all, with beam connection you just download anything from movies to tv shows in mins on mobile phone itself. :)

EDIT: MKV format is also suppoted, may be some specific ones do not with dual audio or somethings. No idea as such.

Plus point:
If internet is not working, then still you can play videos stored in mobile, heard from cromecast is not supported.

A few niggles:
It does get stuck at times, on average of 4 hours of daily use, it will give problem once, especially at times when you don't play something on it for sometime, with new updates this problem quite less may be once in 2-3 days.
Solution is very simple: Poweroff the Tweeve device and switch it on. no need to think much..

Last edited:
Does Teewe streaming media dongle and media player both are different?

teewe I think casts what you play on your android ph/tab (so have to have your ph/tab ready with you). a media player (android stick, or android tv/box) OTOH is like a stand-alone device. plays content from the net as well as the local ones without the use of any secondary device (except the display, ofcourse), using internet as well as from flash/ext. hard-drives, as the case may be.

How can I watch TV channels online using a device like tewee or chromecast or something else? My cousin lives in Dubai and he would like to watch TV channels including Indian. Which device would you suggest? Budget is 5k. Would like to watch channels like Sony, colors, etc

raspberry pi with openelec installed on it works perfectly for me , of course you need like an unlimited connx and supernet speeds
i use my android phone as a remote to change the countless channels and also to see youtube
we do get some indian channels on it also,the ones on ditto tv

How can I watch TV channels online using a device like tewee or chromecast or something else? My cousin lives in Dubai and he would like to watch TV channels including Indian. Which device would you suggest? Budget is 5k. Would like to watch channels like Sony, colors, etc

tagging @raksrules here. he may be able to provide some suggestion(s).

@suarezian

I am in US and I wanted to have a proper setup to watch Indian TV channels. Offcourse I first explored all the cheap options and tried level best to get stuff for free / cheap but felt nothing would cut it, especially when I wanted a real TV like experience and not search stuff on youtube and other video websites or watching in those 3-4 parts from malware ridden video websites. Also that involved having computer connected to TV and such.
I had plans of using hotstar app for star shows and officially uploaded youtube full episodes for other channels but figured out that it did not work outside India and also having Indian VPN and all was very messy and my wife wouldn't be comfortable with that.

I ditched everything, got a Sling TV International subscription (previously called Dish world international) for Hindi channels. I pay $45 a month and yes it is high I know. Especially when YuppTV is far cheaper but many popular channels are not available in US (Sony, Colors etc). Have been using sling TV for last 6 months with a roku 3 connected to TV. Peace of mind. No issues whatsoever, can view videos 15 days back even. Runs over the internet. Star, Zee, Colors and Sony are all HD.

But you need to see what service is available in Dubai. Sling is not I know. So try something else. Glad I did not cheap out on this as fiddling with chromecast and such is a pain now especially after using a roku. I like the normal behavior with roku, using remote and such.

@suarezian

I am in US and I wanted to have a proper setup to watch Indian TV channels. Offcourse I first explored all the cheap options and tried level best to get stuff for free / cheap but felt nothing would cut it, especially when I wanted a real TV like experience and not search stuff on youtube and other video websites or watching in those 3-4 parts from malware ridden video websites. Also that involved having computer connected to TV and such.
I had plans of using hotstar app for star shows and officially uploaded youtube full episodes for other channels but figured out that it did not work outside India and also having Indian VPN and all was very messy and my wife wouldn't be comfortable with that.

I ditched everything, got a Sling TV International subscription (previously called Dish world international) for Hindi channels. I pay $45 a month and yes it is high I know. Especially when YuppTV is far cheaper but many popular channels are not available in US (Sony, Colors etc). Have been using sling TV for last 6 months with a roku 3 connected to TV. Peace of mind. No issues whatsoever, can view videos 15 days back even. Runs over the internet. Star, Zee, Colors and Sony are all HD.

But you need to see what service is available in Dubai. Sling is not I know. So try something else. Glad I did not cheap out on this as fiddling with chromecast and such is a pain now especially after using a roku. I like the normal behavior with roku, using remote and such.
What about mk808b plus with kodi? Will it have all channels?

Back