Chip or digit?

blueyesdude

Disciple
Hey guys as the topic says,
I am planning to subscribe to either of the magazines.
Which one of them is better?
To me cd and dvd are not so important.
My basic priority is the magazine content.i am mainly going for the magazine part.
So anyone can comment abt it.

its a choice that may very from person to person. but I find CHIP much better in the content quality than Digit these days. I have not renewed my Digit subscription. And planning to get CHIP insted.

To be honest you will get all info that is there in either of the two much earlier on the net. But i still buy them for the BOOK factor. Its different to read it on the pc and having a magazine, kick back with some slow music and read the magazine :)

I think we had a similar thread sometime back....anyway..i prefer CHIP....like funky said u get all the info b4 the mag on the net itself....but its kinda fun to read the mag:p ....Digit has become crappy off late

yeah..both are near abt same maybe CHIP a bit ahead on mag contents

but digit really makes up for tat with its "FAST TRACK" series...

i am a digit subscriber..think i'll try CHIP this time ;)

@ Anish, dont buy it dude, I brot it for the first time and feel its kinda irritating reading the reviews of the games we have been talking about on the net for so long. Besides it gets strictly monotonous for my liking. Its like 150 pages of reviews reviews and only reviews. Also the 2 DVDs heck who cares to play all the games, i tried AOEIII and fifa2006 demos and a couple of others and thats just about it after downloading them. So ultimately some friend wod for sure steal the 2 DVDs too. Its your call to buy it or not, its just that i felt if you are a regular online surger and forums checker along with some gaming sites there isnt much in the mag. Just my personal preference

this for sure is my first and the last SKOAR! Issue.

I prefer chip, they review some slightly newer stuff n its slightly more interesting with their best rig articles etc...bt actually if ur on the net for all this stuff...turns out to be quite useless to buy any of these mags

My Digit subscription ran out last month I think, I harldy noticed since I hardly have the time to go through these magazines any more. I download my magazines now. ;) And they're higher on content than any of these magazines, and if you get them from the right place, then there are links to downlaod all the software from which are in the CD's.

Anyway, I'll be getting Chip if I do get a subscription now. I don't like the DVD's either, because I don't have a DVD-Rom!

There has been a discussion several times on chip & digit.

I personally now prefer chip over digit as chip has gr8 content.
reg cd's & dvd's i dont care.
Also i read PC Pro & Personal Computing World both UK Editions at British Council Lib.
Both are fantastic more than 300Pgs of tech and chip and digit even if combined together can be compared to it.

Hmm, I don't subscribe both cuz I issue it from the library the very first day it comes and return it in the end of the month with 20 bucks fine :rofl: .

But when it comes to preference over the two I would definitely say 'Chip' is better.

But I heard Digit is revolutionizing the whole mag for the better and the effect can be seen in Sep issue itself :p, yeah it rocked contrary to the previous issues.

The worst thing about Digit is its paper quality. Yeah, why do we buy mag inspite of the hell lot of info available on the net and in these tech forums? It is for the feel good factor. I second what funky said earlier in thhe thread that ntn like kickin back with the slow music and readinf the mag. The bad paper quality of Digit makes even dat experience uncomfortable with the 'Toilet Paper' Quality.

CDs and DVDs I don't care cuz I got broadband and can see the DVD/CD contents in their respective forums and download the stuffs I like :p

chinmay_d said:
Hmm, I don't subscribe both cuz I issue it from the library the very first day it comes and return it in the end of the month with 20 bucks fine :rofl: .

The worst thing about Digit is its paper quality.

The bad paper quality of Digit makes even dat experience uncomfortable with the 'Toilet Paper' Quality.

Agreed , Paper quality of digit is really bad
You idea ok keeping the mag at home for a month is gr8 :eek:hyeah:
20Rs = full paisa wasool for keeping the mag for a month than paying Rs100

I like both chip and digit? Long ago digit was superb. To tell you all i got the interest on computers only because of digit. I am reading it fomr the day it was called chip. But Chip now is better than Digit. Reading Chip for alomost a year. Digit will come to my door step untill dec 2006.

i would prefer chip as they have better reviews and they give game reviews every month (which is very rare with digit) and they have a better collections of games and softwares in their cds......

Good good, Marco's certainly going to be pleased as hell when he reads this. Maybe someone ought to mail him the link to this thread ;) you might even get a free subscription, who knows.

Back