Cheapest phone which can handle Angry Bird

sunny27

Stig's Indian Cousin!!!
Skilled
I recently played this game "Angry birds" on a friend's iphone. I am super addicted to this game now!! I am looking for the cheapest phone which supports Angry Bird! Don't care about other features - as I am sure they will include 3g,a 2-3 mp camera-which will be more than enough for me.
Also is angry bird available for the pc?

At Present, ur best bet would be an iPod Touch or an iPhone.

Though the game works on Android as well..... but in the low cost androids (barring the Spica), I guess resolution would be an issue..... :(

But Rovio (Publisher of Angry Birds) does have plans of getting the game for PC only, the date is not confirmed as yet.

BTW, I need to checkout this game.... Screenshots look super.... :p

First things first, the game can be purchased via the mkt option in the android powered phones, which is the easy way to get the game. Else if you are trying to install it via pc, then its a hassle in few phones like the Sony Ericsson X8.

I installed the game pretty easily via non mkt purchase on Motorola milestone but that phone is for abt 19k iinm.

Another Problem with this game is that u cannot take backup of your game progress in most of the phones. Milestone went along with my game progress as well.

Iphone and nokia models like N900 let you take the back ups so do make an informed choice wenever you take the phone.

@khanvis

n8 comes with zilch games. Though there is a way to install the angry birds but its a lil tedious. Op asked for cheap option and n8 by no means is cheap :)

@faraz

i am not sure but if the game can work on iOS, Android, and Symbian, it shd work on bada as well.

sunny27 said:
So in short I need to shell out 12k to buy a phone which will play it.
Yup. Sorry for OT: Can anyone tell me how to buy the game w/o CC in India ? Wanna install it in the touch 2G 8GB.

IINM angry birds doesnt support 240*400 (It needs HVGA(320*480) or more). Or has it added WQVGA support recently?

@Sunny --> U can get a iPod Touch 3G 32GB in warranty for ~ 8.5k from market.

get the ipod touch 8/32gb 4th gen..

They have updated the graphics to retina display- far more evident when played....

major advantage: platform...
single device, known config = better performance..

like playing a game on a console vs PC (Ios vs android)

and it is a far more versatile device...

Back