Android Cheapest non-huge Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 phone?

chetan99

Disciple
Hi, I'm in the market for a phone based on Snapdragon 8 Gen 2, specifically the S23 seems to fill all my requirements, but I've noticed that after 1 year it's still at exactly the price it launched at. The predecessor S22's price graph on amazon shows that the price decreased slowly but steadily after launch, so I'm curious why that didn't happen to the S23, is it just too good and there is high demand? I have seen maybe two people with this phone so I find that hard to believe.

Anyway, I'm open to other phones as well as long as they are not super big, but I couldn't find any in my research. Should I pull the trigger on the S23, or should I wait for the S24 launch and then maybe S23 price would drop?

S23 was 60k with card offers during the big sale around Durga Puja.

1703991542871.jpeg

Now just wait for S24's launch, will likely go down to 60k again by Jan end or mid Feb. Republic Day sale has card offers. I'm eyeing it for the next big sale in Oct before Durga Puja, expecting it to be 40k as S22 was 40k this year in Oct. Considering S24 is rumoured to have Exynos, I would have to switch the phone in 2024.

Compact phones are a dying breed sadly. I hate the size of my S20FE 5G, I drop it a lot vs my older S8. Inefficient SoC made me not spend 50k on S21 in 2021. I had the S835 S8 btw, Exynos is a no go for me or Samsung fab made Snapdragon chips.

I have a 12 mini in its 3rd year now and absolutely love the compactness. But you pay for it in battery life and the typing is inaccurate. Using web browsers is also not quite practical.

It means I switch to my secondary Pixel 6a for any reading or browsing, so I can understand why compact phones didn't sell well.

I have a 12 mini in its 3rd year now and absolutely love the compactness. But you pay for it in battery life and the typing is inaccurate. Using web browsers is also not quite practical.

It means I switch to my secondary Pixel 6a for any reading or browsing, so I can understand why compact phones didn't sell well.
Yeah I've given up on finding a truly compact phone like Zenfone 10, I'm going to be happy as long as the phone isn't huge. There is a Pixel 6a in the house and honestly the size is alright, just on the verge of what I consider acceptable.
Now just wait for S24's launch, will likely go down to 60k again by Jan end or mid Feb. Republic Day sale has card offers. I'm eyeing it for the next big sale in Oct before Durga Puja, expecting it to be 40k as S22 was 40k this year in Oct. Considering S24 is rumoured to have Exynos, I would have to switch the phone in 2024.
Thanks, fingers crossed for Republic day sale. Usually I go for sub 40k phones as well but anything less than 55k or so for S23 is good enough for me, as I'll get to use the phone for extra 10 months. so I can justify the higher cost.

In india with the absence of zenfone, your only options at having a flagship android are limited to S23 and pixel 7 both of which arent that small per se.
samsung is the way to go if confused

Hi, I'm in the market for a phone based on Snapdragon 8 Gen 2, specifically the S23 seems to fill all my requirements, but I've noticed that after 1 year it's still at exactly the price it launched at. The predecessor S22's price graph on amazon shows that the price decreased slowly but steadily after launch, so I'm curious why that didn't happen to the S23, is it just too good and there is high demand? I have seen maybe two people with this phone so I find that hard to believe.

Anyway, I'm open to other phones as well as long as they are not super big, but I couldn't find any in my research. Should I pull the trigger on the S23, or should I wait for the S24 launch and then maybe S23 price would drop?
s22 was heavily devalued because it had major heating issue due to its SOC and abysmal battery life
samsung fixed these issues in s23 lineup thus you wont see them going for heavy discounts even after 1yr of launch, chances are very slim that they go below the price of bbd sale

@OMEGA44-XT

Just a simple que, in general; given the no problem with big phone

Which one to make sense more ? iQoo 12 or S23 ?
I will still pick S23 for the more polished software. BBK's software is a notch below Samsung. Old Oxygen OS of OP was competing well with Samsung, but now its code base is same as Color OS. Pixel - well stock android is just too lean & lacks some basic features which other custom UIs sometimes had for years, also inefficient SoC makes it a hard sell for me.

I am considering importing the Zenfone 10 as a long term phone, do you guys know any way I could import it? And would it work on Indian networks? Hope it's not a stupid idea.

So you do not need any warranty or service if something goes wrong.
Yeah that's fine, usually not had a problem with phones other than screen breaking, which only happens because I don't use a case. This one is already small enough that I won't mind putting a case on.

I am considering importing the Zenfone 10 as a long term phone, do you guys know any way I could import it? And would it work on Indian networks? Hope it's not a stupid idea.

I am considering this as well. I really love the phone and its a shame it didn't get an Indian release. Commenting to follow in case anyone posts about how to import one.

I am considering this as well. I really love the phone and its a shame it didn't get an Indian release. Commenting to follow in case anyone posts about how to import one.
I actually found some on OLX, which I'm honestly ready to take but there are none near me, saw quite a few in Ahmedabad, Pune, Kerala.

I won't recommend it, just get S23 instead to avoid any hassles. Anyways, your call as you will be taking the risks. Even for a small issue, you won't be getting parts. It's not like you can get parts easily via Aliexpress now.

I won't recommend it, just get S23 instead to avoid any hassles. Anyways, your call as you will be taking the risks. Even for a small issue, you won't be getting parts. It's not like you can get parts easily via Aliexpress now.
Yeah it's definitely risky but I feel it's the last chance to have a phone of that size. I'll keep an eye out on olx in the next month, if it's close to me I'll take the risk. Else S23 in next month sale post S24 launch.

Yeah it's definitely risky but I feel it's the last chance to have a phone of that size. I'll keep an eye out on olx in the next month, if it's close to me I'll take the risk. Else S23 in next month sale post S24 launch.
I get your point, after sales aside, the battery life, a bit smaller width and a 3.5mm jack make it a great compact phone. S23 has the advantage in terms of software & cameras. If S24 launches with Exynos, even I might have to buy S23 later this year before Diwali.

Yeah S23 with a good discount is the way to go. I too want to get that for my father as he prefers a smaller phone.

I myself am a big (brick size) phone boi with his S23 Ultra. It has other great uses, if someone is extremely hostile towards you, smashing this on their head will get you out of the situation.

Zenfone 10 is not even a compact phone. Asus just marketed in that way and all reviewers went along with it. Considering the only 2-year software support and no hardware support, it is pointless to purchase a Zenfone.
s22 was heavily devalued because it had major heating issue due to its SOC and abysmal battery life
samsung fixed these issues in s23 lineup thus you wont see them going for heavy discounts even after 1yr of launch, chances are very slim that they go below the price of bbd sale
Samsung always devalues older phones to clear off stock because they cannot hold on to premium pricing for too long and still move units beyond the first few months.

Back