Cheap Sturdy Music Phone

Tao

Disciple
Hi friends

I need to buy a cheap (< 3k INR) phone - should be sturdy, and should have the following features:

mp3 support

fm radio

3.5mm jack

Dual sim is preferable but not necessary. Camera is not needed. I am considering Nokia X1-01, but are there any alternatives that I should look for.

Thanks

No doubt that Chinese (micromax, maxx, karbonn, etc. etc) sound loud but you wont able to enjoy music (not pleasure to ears) better check with branded handset especially Samsung :)

HTH

Thanks for the replies guys.

I am not too fond of Chinese/Indian brands , would much prefer Nokia/SE/Samsung. Would check out Samsung Hero.

Has any one tried X1-01 ?

Tao said:
Thanks for the replies guys.

I am not too fond of Chinese/Indian brands , would much prefer Nokia/SE/Samsung. Would check out Samsung Hero.

Has any one tried X1-01 ?

I think low budget Nokia/Samsung are Made In India. That's why most of handset now comes with Sticker "Made By BRAND" it self. Even one of my friend bought Nokia (budget) handset from Kuwait was "Made In India" :)

Emperor said:
I think low budget Nokia/Samsung are Made In India. That's why most of handset now comes with Sticker "Made By BRAND" it self. Even one of my friend bought Nokia (budget) handset from Kuwait was "Made In India" :)

By Chinese/Indian brands I meant companies like Micromax,Lava etc. . Anyway, Nokia, Samsung are NOT Indian/Chinese brands regardless of where they have the assembly lines - that way Apple would be Chinese, Intel would be Filipino and Dell would be Indian ;)

according to head-fi.org forums nokia x1-01 has similar music quality so sansa clip which is the reigning low cost champion!
it also uses 1320 mah battery and has a really loud speaker!

Back