PC Peripherals Cheap, reliable UPS

chip_0

Adept
Summer is here, so are the powercuts :eek:hyeah:

Well, I think of purchasing a UPS for my system, which is actually quite old (14" monitor, unknown power SMPS, stereo speakers). I earlier had a UPS long ago which was rated at 500 Watts, so I think that much power should be sufficient ...

Any recommendations on a cheap, but reliable UPS, preferably under Rs 2000? I don't need too much power or any good features, all I need is that it shouldn't blast up any time soon. Just any UPS with good value for money would do.

Thanks in advance ...

Allright thanks Astrix and Eazy :)

So it is Microtek or PCM ... Microtek is easily available, and cheap, so I might go for it, as long as no one has had any issues with it.

APC is what i wud recommend. PCM (Powercom) is good too. afterall its the 2nd most UPS selling company in the world next to APC. But if u r budget conscious, may be u cud get a Microtek. Check and clarify with your dealer about warranty/service and other stuff. As far as warranty/service is concerned, I wud rate APC the best!

TheMask said:
APC is what i wud recommend. PCM (Powercom) is good too. afterall its the 2nd most UPS selling company in the world next to APC. But if u r budget conscious, may be u cud get a Microtek. Check and clarify with your dealer about warranty/service and other stuff. As far as warranty/service is concerned, I wud rate APC the best!

Is there much difference in prices of similar rated PCM and Microtek UPS's ?

Yeah you can use external battery packs on UPS with car batteries,they run for many hours depending upon how many batteries u use.
I have 4 normal 7.5Ah batteries in my 700va uniline UPS and it runs for about an hour.
Considering that most car batteries are 32Ah u can get a lot more backup time with those.

Back