Car & Bike Changing Visor of helmet - Pune

raksrules

Elite
Please check the pics. Have this helmet and the plastic visor has broken due to helmet falling down around 4 feet. Not due to accident.
Need to replace the same in Pune. Where can I get it done in Pune ? Champion sports I feel are expensive.
Can I buy online and do it myself ?
First picture shows the damage. Other pics are shown to show what type of helmet it is.

ImageUploadedByTechEnclave Forum1384785085.055099.jpg
ImageUploadedByTechEnclave Forum1384785112.948874.jpg
ImageUploadedByTechEnclave Forum1384786374.432807.jpg

I don't know about the visor, but I'd say that this helmet won't protect you in case of any accident. A cheap LS2 would suffice; make sure that is an original.

As far as this helmet is concerned, I don't see how you can replace it on your own. Is the plastic "thing" enclosing the visor on the side removable? Have you tried removing the current visor? Is it possible to take it apart and put it back? If yes, then you can do it on your own. However, you should be sure of the right size before ordering one. Visiting a helmet shop would be recommended; shouldn't take more than a couple hundred bucks.

There is hub of helmet spare parts and repair shops in "Nana Peth"...

Saw many times while travelling in PMT from Pune station to Karve Nagar bus (via camp), it was in 2008 though.

Once changed the glass too..!

The helmet is being used by my wife. She does not like the FULL helmets. I use a Studds Ninja myself which i guess is called FULL type ?

Any other suggestions for helmets for girls/women which gives adequate protection and still does not cost a bomb, under 1K preferred.

Why such a low budget? You only get helmets which can be worn for avoiding the police in that price range.

Why such a low budget? You only get helmets which can be worn for avoiding the police in that price range.

They are no way for avoiding police, i want something that works and protection. In fact it is mandatory for my wife (and me) to wear helmet even if the distance being travelled is less than a kilometer.

As @Vagabond above suggested, this should be easily changed from any of the shops in Nana Peth for around 150-200 bucks. This area falls on the road you take if you are going from Railway station towards Swargate.

Ok this weekend i will try to go to nana peth and get it done. I have never been to that area so need to check google maps and all.
Btw are there lots of shops there or just one 1-2 ?

Yes there are quite a few shops there. Just don't go on a Sunday. Even if you want to buy a new one, there are good shops there, just ask around. If fact, if you need anything related a bike (any bike parts, accessories), this is the place to go.

I changed the visor last year for Rs. 225 at a shop in M.G road, looks good now, you can visit any helmet shop over there, I had gone to Kukreja, it is next to Nike showroom.

Back