Change your WhatsApp settings so no one can add you to an unknown group.

6pack

ex-Mod
I got up today and saw I had been automatically added to some Save India Exit Po11 group on whatsapp without any confirmation. I thought it must be one of those scam groups or Chinese AI bot that is trying to meddle in Indian polls, so I exited the group. I was wondering how I got added to this group without clicking on a link and was going through settings and saw Everyone can add me to a group.
So i changed it to Only Contacts. You won't be removed from any groups you are a part of and now people not in your contacts cannot add you to a group without sending you a private message to join the group.

Group setting is there but what for individual nos.? Theres no security or option hence spammers keep sending one to one msgs.

Unfortunately no, telegram is miles better than whatsapp..
How are people comfortable with WhatsApp groups then that they join so many

A phone number is attached to a real address and with the right skill can be found.

I had you tubers invite me to their groups but I've never felt comfortable giving out that info to a bunch of strangers who could easily turn hostile based on what is said

I have set it to "Nobody". Even my contacts can only send me an invite to join a group.
I don't have that Nobody option in my Groups settings. Only Everyone, My contatcs, My contacts except.. and if I select last option i have to compulsorily select one or two contacts. No option to not select anyone.
edit: i could just select ok on last option and no contacts can put me in groups. Thanks.

Last edited:
Back