CAT Servers Crash again

Scored a paltry 82.73 %ile with a friggin 58%ile in DI which feels kind of unreal after scoring 90-95 in all the mocks..

Can't say I'm shocked though because I was expecting something of this sort from this CAT - Why the hell can't they be more transparent ?

I never crossed 85 %ile in mocks neither did i ever score over 80%ile in verbal. ended up with overall 91 and verbal 95 and the usual 95-99 percentilers from my classes have ended up with 80%ile. shocking to say the least but may be its all a part of the 'normalization' process

scored 79% :-(
Last year had scored 92....
But i am glad that i did not fill many forms this year...
I knew this kind of result was coming my way...
Very difficult to catch up with studies once you start working ...
I guess wasting money on GMAT is a better option next year..

Got a call from A.

OA: 99.95

QA: 99.88

DI: 99.85

VA: 96.50

Interview on April 4th in Bangalore. I moved to Gurgaon. Hopefully IIMA won't be averse to changing my interview location.

MBA prep and app to foreign univs is the reason I have been missing from here for the last couple of months.

lol...they adjusted the scores based on the "difficulty" and the "no of participants" on any given day. This kind of normalization for a test taken by 3 lakh students with varying factors like server crashes, extra study time, high density dates (like saturdays/sundays)...lol. Huge fraud, these guys were screaming for a lawsuit back when they screwed the online format up...just watch what happens now. Either the guys at the IIM's are utter complete geniuses to derive a formula that can calculate percentiles based on all the random factors involved or they are plain stupid..

I had a score of 94 percentile in cat 2008, 67 percentile here what a joke. Just to put it in perspective I had a 98.5 percentile in MAT 2010.

Either the number of intelligent people has gone up by a quadrazillion over the space of one year or theres something wrong with the "psychometric evaluation".

I'd be worried if this was my only option though...good thing I already got the college I wanted..lol.

Vnerd --- Congrats bro!!

You are the FIRST person I see who is happy with results.

I got 93%tile last year when I wrote for timepass.

This time, I studied kinda decently. My quant still sucks, but not so bad that I get a 53%tile.

DI was 98 and VA was 99 this time.

Overall dropped to 90%tile.

I'm very upset with the IIMs and Prometric.

When I finished my CAt, I knew I wasnt going to get into IIM-A,B or C or even K or L or S, but I did have some realistic hopes of IMT, Ghaziabad and in a worst case scenario, TAPMI.

However, this quant score has raped my happiness....

I just dont understand what sort of shitty formular they used to get the scores. If Pearson Vue also use something shitty like this, then NMAT is also gone.

I got a 95.8%tile in XAT and missed XIMB by 0.3%tile. I got 88%tile in quant in XAT and I still consider that to be a truer indicator of my performance.

^ Same here, ~30k wasted on applications. Could've bought a new CPU and mobo lol.

The worst thing is, there's no guarantee of the same not happening next year. I guess I'll move onto the GMAT. :/

I don't know what problem people have faced, but they did give allocated time. Even during my friend's exam server crashed, he said that he had just tried a problem that he left earlier, so by the time server was up he finished that question. I guess others just panicked. yes their is a little fault from CAT, Even my exam started 30 min late. In my circle I can see people scoring good %ile who really deserved it. I admit people with less experience with the computer will have problem. other then that(to an extent) it is really an excuse.

How is it possible that you did well in the exam and still got ~50%ile, after all they are just calculating your marks? You get score for the no of the correct answers.

How is it possible that you did well in the exam and still got ~50%ile, after all they are just calculating your marks? You get score for the no of the correct answers.

Thats the thing, they're not just calculating your marks, they're adjusting it based on their own parameters...like "estimated" difficulty of test, number of people who took the exam, time issues, rescheduled candidates, server crashes.

The total shown in the CAT marksheet is 450!!! Assuming standard CAT format of what was specified IN THE TEST..we had 20+20+20 questions, of 4 marks each, thats a total of 240 marks.

Now they have "normalized" these marks to 450 by using some god-forsaken formula..lol. This is tragic for the students who wasted thousands of bucks on coachings/forns. Its only a matter of time till the media catches onto this, and after that there will be fireworks.

Really disappointed with the results, I scored equally bad in all three.Shouldn't have taken CAT on first day itself.:\

anyways,

QA- 89.22

DI - 92.73

VA - 93.02

OA- 95.64

I applied to MDI,IMT, apart from IIMs.I just want some calls to see how things go.:\

3 weeks of study and 10k worth in forms gone to waste,:p.Maybe next year they will bring back paper-pencil format.:\

You should get IMT and MDI pretty easily. They require only about 90percentile right? Other than that theres SP Jain but their selection process seems slightly retarded so you can't be sure about it.

Agar kahi nahi hua toh Amity or IIPM ram ram..haha. They'll take you even if you score about 20 percentile in CAT.

LOL, I just gave CAT to prove to my retard friends that CAT classroom coaching hardly helps, I have scored better than them.It was just for fun but when the result came out, I was disappointed.:\

The biggest mistake I made is taking it on the first day itself.But anyways, I have a job lined up for me at TCS so no worries.Will try again next year.

MDI is very tough, I mean last year last call was around 96, last convert at 97.3 iirc.I might get MDI-HR and IMT, can't be sure.Still I get to apply at IIM ranchi and possibly other new IIMs when they come out with forms.I just want some GD-PI experience this year.

I believe that this is the worst possible score, neither on the 'other' side, nor on this side, bleh.:\

Cat2009 results- is it injustice - PaGaLGuY.com - The Everything of MBA in India and Abroad, CAT 2009, GMAT, XAT, MAT

Bunch of people on there who'll never see an IIM from inside whining about how CAT screwed them over..haha.
I get pleasure reading a few of them. Some dude scored a 98 percentile last year and got 34 percentile this year. Amazing shit....lol. So all of a sudden 3 lakh new people took the test who were all smarter (by far) than the 3 lakh idiots who took the test in 2008.

Kya baat hai yaar, shit like this can't be pulled off in Bollywood movies..lol.The fact that their servers are powered by hamster powered wheels is now common knowledge...but did they really have to hire mentally retarded monkeys to correct the papers?

Thanks guys.

Got calls from IIM C PGDM and PGDCM and IIM L. Hoping for an IIM B call.

For any one interested, I attempted all 60 questions and had 15minutes left over at the end of the paper to revise the questions which is probably what put me through.

The rest of my profile was:

X: 92.6%

XII: 93.6%

B.Tech. (IIT Kharagpur): 7.18/10 :( (Goodbye IIM S)

Work Ex.: Since July 2007 = 32months right now

Back