Carputer Rig

^^Under one of the seats... sound card in between the 2 front seats... touch LCD on the front....

cisco_tech told me the speakers cost in total around 50k.... :p

eh. czar. currently i am using just like that.

btw which mic you're using for phone control ? Did you check that Pure-Audio mic ? works pretty well with CF.

Updated my MOBO BIOS today with [LF94510J.86A]

• Fixed an issue where the system would hang during post under

certain conditions.

But still it didnt slove my issue. Still Hangs before POST. 30-35 seconds. If i remove the sound card. Mobo POST it normal.

Well. Today i got the rest of the stuffs from crazypc(Fans, Y-Cables , Rocker Switch).

Now. Rocker Switch is not turning on my Mobo and PSU. I have connected the both + and - wire properly to Swicth as instructed here.

Rocker Switch Blue LED: CrazyPC Computers

I can see the Blue LED glowing.So connection is perfect. but it is not turning on my PSU and MOBO.

I am thinking to put this Rocker switch in one of the blank switch near A/C Fan control as you can see in the pic.

DSC02286.jpg

Now the Andrea Noise Crenelation Mic part.

Mic is just working perfectly with my PC and LAPTOP. but not with my carputer.

Problem is 2 USB Sound Cards in CentraFuse. Running CF with 2 Sound Card eats up my single core Atom. I get choppy sound from Remote caller.

Solution: Upgrade to DUAL CORE ATOM and Remove Creative X-FI USB 5.1 Card.

DSC02279.jpg

DSC02281.jpg

But overall Mic is just great. Noise Cancellation works pretty well.

I have also installed the 2 Rexus High CFM Fans. and Speed Fan reports 34C Ambient Temp. which is better than my previous reading. (48C).

Posting it after a long time in this thread.

My creative USB X-Fi will be on sale in a few months. One thing i learnt in car-pc setup is never ever go for USB sound card solution especially from creative. USB SD does eat up my CPU(single core atom) badly. I might go for m-audio or Asus Xonar. yet to decide and research on soundcard.

Getting ZOTAC Dual Core Atom ION board in 3-4 days.

Those rexus fans are lil noisy but doesnt matter once I turn on the ICE.

cisco_tech said:
My creative USB X-Fi will be on sale in a few months. One thing i learnt in car-pc setup is never ever go for USB sound card solution especially from creative. USB SD does eat up my CPU(single core atom) badly. I might go for m-audio or Asus Xonar. yet to decide and research on soundcard.

Let me know about USB XFI, I will be interested in purchasing it.

Thanks
~LT

cisco_tech said:

why not get thiszotac mobo Newegg.com - ZOTAC GF9300-D-E LGA 775 NVIDIA GeForce 9300 HDMI WiFi Mini ITX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards with nvidia 9300chipset and a LGA775 socket,has a PCI slot and is cheaper to buy then the ION version.

@adder. I know it is cheaper than ION. but power consumption is very lite on ION. I have to be little gentle with battery. :)

Already have AMP + security system.

cisco_tech said:
@adder. I know it is cheaper than ION. but power consumption is very lite on ION. I have to be little gentle with battery. :)
Already have AMP + security system.

do u know how may amps ur current system pull.but a celeron based system would probably consume at max 1.5A more then a ION at idle around 2.5A more when at load.

adder said:
do u know how may amps ur current system pull.but a celeron based system would probably consume at max 1.5A more then a ION at idle around 2.5A more when at load.

I dont know the exact amps. But i feel Dual Core Atom is more than suffiecient for Nav,Videos and browsing.

I have around 5+ USB devices,1 and Sata Lappie HDD.

@Sohail. Insalling Lappie in car is tedious process. but lots of people have done that. :)

@Sohail. But how you going to install DC-DC PSU ? You need car-pc specific or self made acrylic case to accomodate the PSU.

Btw. My ION is up and running on Win 7. Will test it out in car tomorrow.

Back