Career graph is going bad , need advice from older people :'(

Now that this thread is derailed... let me do some leg-pulling too.

I know, I am going overboard with this but what the heck :D

OP chose "Mr India" as his TE handle because he feels that he is invisible to the world around him. Girls don't notice him unless he wears a GoT T-shirt. He needs some special deo/perfume to make his presence felt. I am sure he bought the car because it was on his to-do list to become 'marriageable'. He needs good job that can earn him a handsome salary, which in turn will get him a like-minded cosmopolitan bride.

It's good that OP has figured out what he needs in his life. His dream girl is as elusive as a mirage... He needs lots of motivation, hard-work, dedication to overcome the barriers. Hopefully, his efforts will earn him a huge salary.

what about my handle guys? :p
you chose your handle because you like Akon too much /s

Ontopic: OP, chill. Start by taking steps to improve your situation. Make amends with your previous company. Work hard in current company. Getting rich and getting married are two entirely different goals. Chose your goal first. Then only you can aim your ball towards the correct way.
Don't expect 30% hike after working for one year.

Obviously, OP is a normal person with normal, realistic aspirations...unlike the majority of users (EDIT: your brethren) who frequent TE

Procreation is a base animal instinct to survive and pass on their legacy that Humans too derived from their animal background. But what differentiates humans is that as evolved thinking animals, they can exercise control and override their animal instincts. For instance they can decide whether to or when to procreate. They also created the system of marriage which generally holds more meaning than just procreation. They can make decisions of how to live their life and work for things that do not necessary count as their base animal instincts.

But, If your life's sole goal is to live and procreate, then for sure, its normal animal behavior, but not necessarily normal by human standards. Further your qualifying it by saying its common expectations for Indians does not make it normal behavior for people at large. Our country men indulge in a lot of things that can be deemed abnormal. Like for example, selling their grown up sons for money (dowry). That may be common in India, but it does not make it normal.

Income is necessary, but living just to earn money and for procreation is not human behavior.

Now that this thread is derailed... let me do some leg-pulling too.

I know, I am going overboard with this but what the heck :D

OP chose "Mr India" as his TE handle because he feels that he is invisible to the world around him. Girls don't notice him unless he wears a GoT T-shirt. He needs some special deo/perfume to make his presence felt. I am sure he bought the car because it was on his to-do list to become 'marriageable'. He needs good job that can earn him a handsome salary, which in turn will get him a like-minded cosmopolitan bride.

It's good that OP has figured out what he needs in his life. His dream girl is as elusive as a mirage... He needs lots of motivation, hard-work, dedication to overcome the barriers. Hopefully, his efforts will earn him a huge salary.

what about my handle guys? [emoji14]
Your username is apt! You nailed it perfectly as far as OP's username is concerned.
@OP you're having a low self esteem right now, most of us have been through this phase of life. Don't worry it'll pass.
I'd suggest you to concentrate on your career right now rather than marriage. You can wait until that sorts out. Just remember the people who stood with you during these tough days, they're priceless.
Don't read much into the salary hike, it's not the only parameter it doesn't decide what you're truely capable of, concentrate on achieving excellence in whatever you do, success and money will soon follow.
Take a break, spend some time with your parents (somehow they always know us better than ourselves) , and focus on personality development to get your confidence back.

Come to TE, they said. It'll be fun and informative, they said.

Come to TechEnclave for the knowledge and deals, stay for the LuLz.

Please don't feed the trolls. I have seen similar such asinine threads by this OP, and others like him/her (Being_Smart, anyone?). Why do people fall for the same click bait all the time? I guess it's time to start a online scam, many posters in this thread will be easy prey.

Come to TE, they said. It'll be fun and informative, they said.

Come to TechEnclave for the knowledge and deals, stay for the LuLz.

Please don't feed the trolls. I have seen similar such asinine threads by this OP, and others like him/her (Being_Smart, anyone?). Why do people fall for the same click bait all the time? I guess it's time to start a online scam, many posters in this thread will be easy prey.
Who and where is that that being smart guy anyways?

Whoa there... lets not indulge into personal attacks.

Want more proof? Just compare usernames...you chose 'derp' - a internet savvy yet uncommon username that invokes multiple connotations in an effort to differentiate and establish yourself as a unique individual with uncommon tastes among your brethren.

lol burn!

Whoa whoa! I didn't literally mean that OP just ONLY wants to get married, buy a house and have kids. He is entitled to pursue other "Normal" interests / hobbies. It's just that he isn't likely to pursue as many as most of us (regular TE members) do; hobbies that also happen to be uncommon.

When you think about, most of us (if not all) will eventually give in to our base instincts to contribute towards the procreation of our species.
What's with the obsession of being "normal". Let's face it, being normal is boring. Normal is not a title. It's a scale and it differs from person to person.

Also,

images.jpg

If op can buy a 5 lakh car and spend 25k for a car audio system i seriously dont think he has any issues with his salary [emoji1] [emoji1] [emoji1] [emoji1] [emoji1] [emoji1]

@Mr India :
1. Changing too many jobs is not looked upon favorably.
2. Absconding from employers without paperwork is definitely a big no-no.
3. You may be 26 but, are still quite young. But, your attitude may land you in a depressed state, which would be disastrous.
4. Focus on your role, not salary for at least a year. Learn your role, become the best in your company, at it. Generate numbers/quantifiable performance that would help you in projecting your worth to your boss. Any boss would support a sub who is (ultimately) providing him the numbers that he too needs for his job role. So too, would your next employer.
5. Don't worry about marriage, it will happen in due time.

Yeah more like it depends on your parent's mood of the day. Lol.
This I am 25 and earn quite a decent money
Now parents are forcing to marry
Like seriously 24 years gone on education and now when I am living me dreams they want to put a leash on me by marrying a unknown girl
Suhaag raat me perform kaise karu koi unpaichan larki ke saat
But who will tell them this??

This I am 25 and earn quite a decent money
Now parents are forcing to marry
Like seriously 24 years gone on education and now when I am living me dreams they want to put a leash on me by marrying a unknown girl
But who will tell them this??
If you don't tell them who else will?
And what i dont get is how in the world can independent 20+ years olds with income still let themselves be dictated by their parents? If you dont like what they are saying or doing to you just say screw it, leave them and go live somewhere else. If you still cannot do that then you yourself are the problem.

Don't worry about just one night, marriage is a life long commitment (in most of the cases here).
After marriage you are supposed to take all the responsibilities. If you start to face any problem after marriage your parents are not going to help you. You would have to tackle with everything yourself. You should take this more seriously.

Last edited:
@iPwnz

Sorry man cant leave parents
All my success is because of their sacrifice so cant abandon them now when they need me[DOUBLEPOST=1451987058][/DOUBLEPOST]
Don't worry about just one night, marriage is a life long commitment (in most of the cases here).
After marriage you are supposed to take all the responsibilities. If you start to face any problem after marriage your parents are not going to help you. You would have to tackle with everything yourself. You should take this more seriously.

Yeah some of my older friends said the same thing

You can always meet the girl and get to know her first before you say yes. I am guessing both the families will be fine with it as it's a matter of spending your life with each other.

If you don't tell them who else will?
And what i dont get is how in the India can independent 20/30+ years olds with income still let themselves be dictated by their parents? If you dont like what they are saying or doing to you just say screw it, leave them and go live somewhere else. If you still cannot do that then you yourself are the problem.

Fixed it for you mate.

Back