Can this Tewtross converter work as a good DAC

JMak

Yeah.. I am at it ;)
Adept
Although I know the answer as these things can perform jist the basic conversion but still thought to ask.. If this can be used as a reasonable dac in any audio chain ;) especially for music listening... I am dependent currently upon chromecast audio...
Its cheap hence got attracted to it

Tewtross Digital Optical Toslink Coaxial to Aux RCA Analog Coaxial Toslink convertor 6 in 1 adapter device https://amzn.eu/d/b5FqMpF

Although I know the answer as these things can perform jist the basic conversion but still thought to ask.. If this can be used as a reasonable dac in any audio chain ;) especially for music listening... I am dependent currently upon chromecast audio...
Its cheap hence got attracted to it

Tewtross Digital Optical Toslink Coaxial to Aux RCA Analog Coaxial Toslink convertor 6 in 1 adapter device https://amzn.eu/d/b5FqMpF
What will be your source?

It can be used if your source is one of the two - optical tolink or coax spdif, but I would be suspect over its capability to drive larger cans. Would suggest to post its datasheet if possible

What will be your source?
Source would be digital out from chromecast audio... Or coaxial out from my lg dvd player..
It can be used if your source is one of the two - optical tolink or coax spdif, but I would be suspect over its capability to drive larger cans. Would suggest to post its datasheet if possible
Couldnt find... There nothing about the hardware configuration in amazon or at the official site (infact on the official site this isn't listed at the moment)

Source would be digital out from chromecast audio... Or coaxial out from my lg dvd player..

Couldnt find... There nothing about the hardware configuration in amazon or at the official site (infact on the official site this isn't listed at the moment)

Then be highly suspect of what you get. Could be a fake. You had mentioned that this was in your budget - could you check if the same item is available on other AMZN sites

Then be highly suspect of what you get. Could be a fake. You had mentioned that this was in your budget - could you check if the same item is available on other AMZN sites
You are right, there are similar looking items on Flipkart and amazon as well... With similar branding but different companies name...
I am going to to give it a pass

Thbaks a lot

I think that the aux out from chromecast audio would be better quality than this.
You can get rid of your chromecast from the chain and directly connect the headphone using a usbc dac to your phone.

I think that the aux out from chromecast audio would be better quality than this.
Yeah that's what I have been using till now...
I guess to improve audio quality even more I ll get a dedicated and proper dac...or May be a bluetooth cum wifi steamer cum dac device..

Will update
Thanks

Back