Can any body provide me discount coupon for surf2buy ?

coupons might get expired by then..

daily offers from HS18 & Infibeam are shipped by themselves, whereas tradus is a marketplace like ebay..

and I have bought several items from HS18 & infibeam, satisfied with both, hence just a personal preference :)

Even the HS18 and infibeam too act as market places only. HS18 products are shipped by the vendors themselves with the HS18 packing materials.
Same thing goes to tradus too.

All these shopping sites have got shortfalls, not even one of them is perfect or offer a great experience throughout.
If your personal experience is good with other sites, it doesnt mean that the site you havent shopped or used less is not reliable.

Reliability is different from the level of satisfaction got by the particular customer. Those reviews you pointed mostly talk about the satisfaction levels.

Even flipkart had offered bad service to many, but it doesnt mean that flipkart is not reliable.

Tradus is one of the more reliable sites out there but as far as that listing is concerned, it's not clear whether the device's warranty is manufacturer one or dealer's. Any idea on that @gmano.
With eBay, PaisaPay buys you peace of mind !
Now that ebay 8% coupons are out, OP can buy from ebay.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tradus is one of the more reliable sites out there but as far as that listing is concerned, it's not clear whether the device's warranty is manufacturer one or dealer's. Any idea on that @gmano.
With eBay, PaisaPay buys you peace of mind !
Its mentioned: 1 Year Manufacturer Warranty on Tradus page

Tradus is a marketplace, so is HS18,infibeam is like Amazon, they sell everything themselves and also have other vendors.

HS18 is not a marketplace

Even the HS18 and infibeam too act as market places only. HS18 products are shipped by the vendors themselves with the HS18 packing materials.
Same thing goes to tradus too.

All these shopping sites have got shortfalls, not even one of them is perfect or offer a great experience throughout.
If your personal experience is good with other sites, it doesnt mean that the site you havent shopped or used less is not reliable.

Reliability is different from the level of satisfaction got by the particular customer. Those reviews you pointed mostly talk about the satisfaction levels.

Even flipkart had offered bad service to many, but it doesnt mean that flipkart is not reliable.

I guess its called a marketplace only if they allow to register & sell, like tradus, infibeam, shopclues, ebay..

And hence its just my personal preference not to buy from a marketplace when you are struggling for every penny :)

I bought the phone for a friend from eBay using the 8% coupon and half an hour later when i check now, the Tradus seller of the same phone has dropped the price to 14519. With 'MOBILES10' coupon, final price will come close to 13K.
Could have saved 500 bucks :( !

I bought the phone for a friend from eBay using the 8% coupon and half an hour later when i check now, the Tradus seller of the same phone has dropped the price to 14519. With 'MOBILES10' coupon, final price will come close to 13K.

ask ebay seller to cancel the order

Should I wait for 1-2 days then, maybe it will go down again. And all the discussion about the site's reputation makes me want to buy from retail shop only.

@mihirX HS18 is market place. Most of the ebay vendors are there in HS18. (just that you can not register and start selling immediately, but you can contact HS18 and list yourself as a vendor http://www.homeshop18.com/partner-with-us.html). In earlier post you said HS18 and infibeam are not market places, now you are accepting that infibeam is market place.
There is nothing wrong with a market place (even amazon has got market place).

Should I wait for 1-2 days then, maybe it will go down again. And all the discussion about the site's reputation makes me want to buy from retail shop only.

Well, there is certainly no harm in waiting i guess. It might or might not drop. Like you, my friend was apprehensive as well and hence we decided to go the eBay route (PaisaPay) only to see the price fall further on Tradus with the span of a few minutes. The phone was also available for Rs. 12999 in HomeShoppe18 a week or so ago.

Retail shops in my city are quoting quite high for the Advance. The lowest i found was 15.5K !

@mihirX HS18 is market place. Most of the ebay vendors are there in HS18. (just that you can not register and start selling immediately, but you can contact HS18 and list yourself as a vendor http://www.homeshop18.com/partner-with-us.html). In earlier post you said HS18 and infibeam are not market places, now you are accepting that infibeam is market place.
There is nothing wrong with a market place (even amazon has got market place).

I think its called a marketplace site if it allows seller to decide their selling price. Partnering as a vendor is a different thing. Infibeam has its own inventory + a marketplace, like amazon. I suggested OP to subscribe to HS18 & Infibeam daily offers, those products are not sourced through marketplace in case of Infibeam & HS18 is not a marketplace anyway.

show your nearby stores that its available online at 13k with 1yr manufacturer warranty, someone might sell it at around that price :)

I think its called a marketplace site if it allows seller to decide their selling price. Partnering as a vendor is a different thing. Infibeam has its own inventory + a marketplace, like amazon. I suggested OP to subscribe to HS18 & Infibeam daily offers, those products are not sourced through marketplace in case of Infibeam & HS18 is not a marketplace anyway.

show your nearby stores that its available online at 13k with 1yr manufacturer warranty, someone might sell it at around that price :)
Well, there is certainly no harm in waiting i guess. It might or might not drop. Like you, my friend was apprehensive as well and hence we decided to go the eBay route (PaisaPay) only to see the price fall further on Tradus with the span of a few minutes. The phone was also available for Rs. 12999 in HomeShoppe18 a week or so ago.

Retail shops in my city are quoting quite high for the Advance. The lowest i found was 15.5K !
Same is with me, they are asking about 14-15k, I will go again tomorrow and tell them about the online prices, lets see what happens.

I contact SNRAMA directly before purchasing Steelseries products on HS18,he sets the price , it is a marketplace, the seller name is mentioned...just like shopclues/tradus/ebay.HS18 hardly sells anything . And the SUPERDEALS are sourced from cerain vendors , all Samsung phones are sourced from Cart2India.

So yes HS18 is definitely a marketplace.

One of the dealers i know is a vendor on HS18.

Earlier , In case u needed to know who the vendor of your product on HS18 is , u just needed to click on the item name after adding to cart and a popup window showed name of vendor , but now after site revamp , that has been rectified , now we dont know who the vendor is ! :(

Also partner with us means becoming a vendor.

Even buytheprice.com is a marketplace now !

I contact SNRAMA directly before purchasing Steelseries products on HS18,he sets the price , it is a marketplace, the seller name is mentioned...just like shopclues/tradus/ebay.HS18 hardly sells anything . And the SUPERDEALS are sourced from cerain vendors , all Samsung phones are sourced from Cart2India.

So yes HS18 is definitely a marketplace.

One of the dealers i know is a vendor on HS18.

Earlier , In case u needed to know who the vendor of your product on HS18 is , u just needed to click on the item name after adding to cart and a popup window showed name of vendor , but now after site revamp , that has been rectified , now we dont know who the vendor is ! :(

Also partner with us means becoming a vendor.

Even buytheprice.com is a marketplace now !

Okay, I didn't knew that :)

So, i need one more S Advance to buy... lowest i can get from ebay is for 14,690-8%

can anybody suggest me a better deal...??

The local shopkeepers won't lower the prices and one from the tradus.com is gone. The new price is Rs 15100.:(
I'm going to remove the thought of buying this phone from my mind and use my money to buy something else maybe a PS3

Back