Camera Advise

Actually both are good. Personally I've been happy with Canon P&S cameras, and I would probably go for Canon. The HS series has impressive low light capabilities as well.

@bssandeshbs out of the cameras you have shortlisted I suggest that you go for either of the Canon offerings, why I say this is because --
  • full manual control(s) including aperture and shutter-speed, the Sony Camera has present pointers for the same purpose.
  • Canon India warranty is a good experience;
  • Sony cameras are all on the higher side of the pricing spectrum if this same camera by the was below the ~15500/- mark it would have been a steal.

Apart from these cameras you can look at the Nikon L / P series cameras although you will miss out on any form of manual-control over settings, everything is a preset.

Olympus PEN -- E-PL1 ~19500/- is also a contender though you may have a tough time finding it as well as you will have to buy lenses for it [like a D-SLR].

Reviews of these cameras --
Canon PowerShot SX260 HS Review: Digital Photography Review, Canon PowerShot SX260 HS Review | PhotographyBLOG -- Canon PowerShot HX260 IS
Canon PowerShot SX240 HS Review | PhotographyBLOG -- Canon Powershot HX240 IS
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX10V Review - Watch CNET's Video Review -- SONY CyberShot DSC-HX10V
http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/olympusepl1 -- Olympus E-PL1 mirrorless system [PEN]

Hope this helps, Cheerio!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back