Calling Excel experts- Need help deleting these

nRiTeCh

Skilled
I was doing my office work and eod was updating data in excel with the usual copy/paste daily biz and today I spotted this.

While copying the data, somehow text input-box (is what I presume) also got copied in B 181 cell.
Now, nor this is getting deleted even if I try to delete the entire B row/Columns, nor it could be cut/deleted or anything as you can see if I highlight anything inside it, nothing on the toolbar is enabled.
In fact, the box cannot even be selected for any actions. Nor the text size etc. could be changed.

1695639067953.png

However, you can see that I'm able to type inside that parent B 181 cell and able to color/format it etc. and the toolbars items get enabled as usual.

I want to get rid of that box inside B 181 cell.

1695639113838.png

Same thing here as well, this checkbox is exactly behaving like the above issue so wanna get rid of that as well.

1695638584672.png

Can u share the blank file removing confidential data if u can..else try this: Home->Editing->Find & Select->Selection Pane
From selection pane, try to find that tick box and delete.

These are all ActiveX controls entered from the Developer tab, used to assign macros. You should be able to remove them in Design mode.
Thanks that worked for my primary sheet having that box.

For the checkbox thing its not working. In fact, if I even try to move the checkbox in design mode it auto creates another checkbox object and nor the original checkbox could be deleted as nothing happens.

1695649492301.png

Another Excel problem that I have not been able to solve.

Can anyone solve it for me please?

There is no numeric value with more than 2 decimal points.

Attached excel file as ZIP since xlsx file can't be attached directly.

Attachments

• Screenshot (2439).png
    Screenshot (2439).png
    117.6 KB · Views: 58
  • tmppp.zip
    16.9 KB · Views: 61

That looks like a floating point arithmetic error to me.

Excel can calculate only upto 15 digits and it is a common issue when internally Excel's calculation exceeds it. Hence, you will normally see the issue at the 15th digit because it is somehow trying to round up the 16th digit. Just use the ROUND function to limit the number of digits in the SUM function.
Thanks that worked for my primary sheet having that box.

For the checkbox thing its not working. In fact, if I even try to move the checkbox in design mode it auto creates another checkbox object and nor the original checkbox could be deleted as nothing happens.

View attachment 178781
If you are able to select it, can't you just use cut/delete when selected in Design mode? If you have multiple boxes, select them from Home tab > Editing group > Find & Select > Go To Special, select the Objects and then try deleting them.

Since this is a HTML checkbox, I assume this comes from content copy-pasted from a web page and is not native Excel content.

Excel can calculate only upto 15 digits and it is a common issue when internally Excel's calculation exceeds it. Hence, you will normally see the issue at the 15th digit because it is somehow trying to round up the 16th digit. Just use the ROUND function to limit the number of digits in the SUM function.
Thanks. But there are no 14-15 digit number it this excel file.

Facing one more issue..
After I got the above issue solved, now when I try to fill-up the cell with respective status, it doesn't auto-populate/suggest the "Resolved" value.

Its like if I try to type Resolved it should automatically shows the resolved word but its not doing so.

But is working fine for other status values in that column like IN and On hold.

I also tried to copy all contents from the sheet to another excel yet same issue.
Please dont suggest to remove color formatting etc. as its too tedious.
There are no ActiveX controls nor any vbscript or formulas.

What can be done as its a very basic function but unsure why its not populating only for Resolved thing.

1696435276326.png

Last edited:
Back