Calling all owners of Optimus 2X

Status
Not open for further replies.

rareravi

Disciple
Hi,
From last several days I'm planning to buy dual-core android phone.There are only handful of dual-core phones available in the market like Galaxy S2,Sensation and Optimus 2X. Out of these only Optimus 2X seems to be affordable(@24.3k).

Lot of TE members may be interested in buying this phone.But there are lots of complaints regarding the phone.So I want to know how many of 2X owners facing problems like reboot,freezing,BSOD(Black Screen of Death) ,Battery Drain etc.Also let us know the specification like

Android version:
BaseBand version:
Kernel version:
Custom Rom Name(if used):
Updates/Patches version:
Phone manufacturing month/year:
Memory Card Capacity,Class,Company:
Purchased from(online/local shop/..etc):

Hope answers to these queries will help future owners of O2X.

Though I am not using it, but read at many forums, that it does not ring as soon as someone calls. Say if someone calls and quickly disconnects the call, phone will neither ring or show it in miss call, coz it never registered it. Can anybody confirm this. Then there is a gps issue, it takes forever to lock on satellites. It needs to be fixed. Pls give inputs on both.

^^Never had the missed call issue! GPS is a bit slow but it's better than Samsungs shitty implementations!

I too never had any random reboots/freezes or any major issues with battery!

T-mobile G2X

Ultimate G2X ROM (not sure about Kernel and baseband versions)

Pat said:
^^Never had the missed call issue! GPS is a bit slow but it's better than Samsungs shitty implementations!

I too never had any random reboots/freezes or any major issues with battery!

T-mobile G2X
Ultimate G2X ROM (not sure about Kernel and baseband versions)
hmm, confused here, what do you suggest pat, LG 2X or galaxy S2 ? want to buy a dual core....sensation....is no no. unless its bootloader is permanantly unlocked.

aradhakr84 said:
IF you are set to buy dual core, then definitely S2 is better than Sensation and 2X. galaxy s2 seems a best buy for dual core. But it is expensive.
If budget is 30k then definitely S2 but around 24k O2X is the only option.

jdutt said:
hmm, confused here, what do you suggest pat, LG 2X or galaxy S2 ? want to buy a dual core....sensation....is no no. unless its bootloader is permanantly unlocked.
If you have the budget, S2 would be a better buy. If not, 2X is definitely what you should get! And in my experience, there was hardly (if at all) any lag on the phone OOTB as well! With Custom ROMs, this phone is a beast!

jdutt said:
want to buy a dual core....sensation....is no no. unless its bootloader is permanantly unlocked.
HTC today announced on their facebook page that they will unlock sensation globally in august.The software update is in testing phase.

We’re thrilled to announce today that software updates to support bootloader unlocking will begin rolling out in August for the global HTC Sensation, followed by the HTC Sensation 4G on T-Mobile USA and the HTC EVO 3D on Sprint. We’re in the testing phase for the unlocking capability now, and we expect it to be fully operational by early September for devices that have received the software updates. We'll continue rolling out the unlocking capability over time to other devices as part of maintenance releases and new shipments. HTC continues its commitment to unlocking bootloaders and supporting the developer community. Because of the importance of this community to us, please expect an update on this about every few weeks as we make progress toward launch. Thank you for your patience and continued support!

Lg optimus 2x users plzz confirmed whether can v play full hd movies at 1920x1080 resolution or it lag while playing full hd movies ??
if yes which player from market u ppl using ..
and also are .mkv files are support ??
I am really interested to buy tis

DUH.... if it can record full HD it can also play full HD!!

and no... out of the box except sgs,sgs2,wave(phones i know of) i don't think any other phones has the necessary codecs inbuilt to play MKV ...but certainly with thirds party software you can play them without lag...

Been using the phone for more than a month.. LG UI is crap, buggy, laggy and a memory hog.. Been running CM7 for sometime now.. Very fast.. though not all features are supported..

I'd suggest, wait till the end of this year, save your hard earned money and get the Google Nexus Prime with Icecream Sandwich..

@op
You are looking for an unlocked bootloader, right. This must mean that you plan to mod /install custom rom /mod your phone. In that case I strongly suggest optimus 2x. You may also get some hd games earlier if not exclusive in tegra zone too.

junk_qwe said:
Been using the phone for more than a month.. LG UI is crap, buggy, laggy and a memory hog.. Been running CM7 for sometime now.. Very fast.. though not all features are supported..

I'd suggest, wait till the end of this year, save your hard earned money and get the Google Nexus Prime with Icecream Sandwich..

Can u tell which feature are not support ?? since it will help other fellow members who are willing to buy 2x

So you mean even with GB update the LG optimus 2x wont perform good ?. Are you saying its a worthless phone ?. So how about the optimus black ?. Do note the price diff. is only 5k between both.... So is it worth going for atleast the optimus black ?. Will optimus black be able to play 720p mkv videos without a hitch ?

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

@junk qwe - ok, WITH STOCK FIRMWARE in case of normal usage like wifi browsing for 1 hr, calls for 1 hr (max) with social widgets turned off and sms rarely how long will the battery last ? even in this case not more than a day ?.

Couple of quick things that I can remember having issues in CM7

1. GPS does take a lot of time to get a lock
2. Radio is not supported

But the positives outnumber the negatives by a long way. So happy with CM7 on my O2x, but still LG should be giving us atleast a decent UI experience out of the box.

There is still no proper news of the GB update for the O2x. There were reports of driver issues for the Tegra 2, but Atrix is getting the GB update soon and hopefully the O2x also should get it, but its a wild guess at this time.

With LG stock ROM and with gmail/office mail sync enabled and some browsing, I was able to get through the working day.

I am also in same dilemma as the OP. The O2x is a good fone with hardware but needs good software to extract its full potential. I was to go for htc incredible s before seeing some ppl suggesting o2x. I have doubt pertaining to o2x's ram, its only 512mb compared to htc's fone. although i know it wont play major role as of now, but within 6 months or so with that h/w 512mb may become a bottleneck in unleashing fone's full potential. Can anyone enlighten me on this issue?

My major use of fone would be calling(major), music, movies, surfing(little), general usage. I cannot extend budget till 30k and both sensation and s2 have 4.3" which makes it too large to fit in my palm.

Also hows the servicing from LG incase if there's a problem with the fone. This one is a major factor since being an LG brand realiablity is an issue, would be purchasing fone from lg for the first time.

Thanks for the advice.. sorry for hijacking this thread, didnt want to start another thread with the same content.:)

^^GB for G2X is out already! Not sure about 2X though! Also, though it just has 512 MB RAM, it is by far the fastest phone I have used till date (Even faster than Atrix with 1 GB RAM)! And with the kind of community support it is seeing, I am sure it will get ICS in due time!

I'm a new addition to the LG O2x family and I'm loving the device. Updated it to Gingerbread and its running uber-smooth. Haven't used the phone fully as I'm still transferring contacts and waiting for the work-day to get over so I can get home and start rooting it :D

Add me too and thanks boogey for making me aware of this thread:D

Am just loving the phone display and the hardware and as of now only one issue I have is the loudspeaker.. so guys can please let me know if your loudspeaker sounds well whenyour phone rings or is it distorted and also what case and screen protector you use (in case)... thanks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back