Calling all Coffee Addicts

I am planning to buy a Espresso Coffee Maker to satisfy my needs for Latte and Cappuccinos.But I am confused in choosing the right machine as there are many machines available in the market.

I was planning to buy

[font=comic sans ms,cursive]Morphy Richards Café Express[/font]

But after reading a thread on Team-BHP came to know that Morphy Richards machines parts are really espensive to replace and so not worth getting.

Other Options in Market:

[font=comic sans ms,cursive]Baltra Passion Coffee Maker[/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive]Inalsa Cafe Real Coffee Maker[/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive]Russell Hobbs REC800 Espresso Coffee Maker[/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive]Prestige Espresso Maker PECMD [/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive]Delonghi EC5 Espresso & Cappuccino Maker[/font]

All of these range from 1.8k to 3.5k and are stream-driven machines(Producing 3.5 to 4 Bars of pressure) with similar specs.Which one would be the best among them.

Pump-based machine with 15 Bars & more are way too expensive for my budget.

Apart from Machine selection which Coffee beans to get for these machines and where can I get them in Mumbai Western Suburbs??

@iaudio

thanks for link.checking that out now
<

I am using the Delonghi EC5. The build quality is good. Don't buy it if frothing milk is a requirement. Other than that it makes decent coffee for the size and the price.

I am using the Delonghi EC5. The build quality is good. Don't buy it if frothing milk is a requirement. Other than that it makes decent coffee for the size and the price.

Need to make latte and cappuccinos,so milk frothing is a must
<

We have http://www.morphyric...fee-makers.aspx in the office. We got 40 % off in the winter sale in Delhi from HomeStop so at a great price.

Makes very good coffee. We use coffee beans from 'The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf'

What kinda coffee??

Latte and Cappuccinos or just normal Espressos

Need to make latte and cappuccinos,so milk frothing is a must
<

What kinda coffee??

Latte and Cappuccinos or just normal Espressos

Cappuccinos & Espressos. milk frothing is good. milk heating is a bit slow and in the end.

coffee is not super hot like in cafe's but drink as its prepared types.

^^ Agree with the above post. Get a coffee filter from any local shop which sell steel items like plates and cups. 4 tb spoon of Cothas Coffee powder is what i use. Close the porus lid and add some water on top. After 5-10 mins you get black coffee. Add some hot milk and little sugar(not much) just to take out some bitterness. Fresh coffee is ready. Beats any [font="arial, sans-serif"]Cappuccino in any coffee shop[/font]

have gone through the whole thread already....there only one of member has suggested not to get Morphy Richard Machine.

^^ Agree with the above post. Get a coffee filter from any local shop which sell steel items like plates and cups. 4 tb spoon of Cothas Coffee powder is what i use. Close the porus lid and add some water on top. After 5-10 mins you get black coffee. Add some hot milk and little sugar(not much) just to take out some bitterness. Fresh coffee is ready. Beats any [font=arial, sans-serif]Cappuccino in any coffee shop[/font]

You mean this

dsc0133bz.jpg

All the machines look nice to me. We've got a Cappuccino machine at home, got it in the US about 10 years back. Don't think it was a fancy brand, but it's a simple appliance and not much can go wrong with it. It still works great. All the machine does is heat water and send vapour either through the coffee filter or steamer. The machine makes great espressos, but the steamer on my machine, and probably on all home machines, isn't high pressure enough to give you a really thick foam. Or maybe I didn't have the patience to steam my milk long enough.

Get the one whose looks you fancy. The odds of something going wrong are pretty minimal. Just make sure the machine has a stainless steel filter, otherwise you'll need to buy filter paper on a regular basis.

As for choice of coffee, go to a Phillips Coffee shop and buy a few blends. Buy some Bru filter coffee. Go to Cafe Coffee Day, Barrista etc, and pick up some of the packs on offer. And go to a gourmet shop and pick up something more exotic when you're at a mall.

Keep trying different brands/blends till you find something you love.

You'll be experimenting for a while before you find that perfect combination of water, coffee beans and milk.

have gone through the whole thread already....there only one of member has suggested not to get Morphy Richard Machine.

You mean this

dsc0133bz.jpg

This is the filter i was talking about. You have to make sure the holes are much smaller than this, or else your black coffee will have some coffee powder settled at the bottom. Mine is a brass filter, about 40 yrs old which my grandmother was using.

If all you want is to make an espresso, you can consider something like -

Coffee Brewers | Bodum Online Shop

No bro,i need to make espresso based drinks like Latte and other stuffs.

Thinking of getting this

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Baltra Passion Coffee Maker[/font]

Its the cheapest but offers the highest pressure of 4.5BARS among all other machines which are giving 3.5BAR..All of them have one year warranty on it.So why spend more on just branding.

Although these wont compare to pump driven machines but it would suffice for time being.

UPDATE:

Placed order for Baltra Passion Black Espresso Maker:Rs.1500/- from yehbhi.com

Other places its selling for 1.8k plus.

MEGA UPDATE

Finally after so much research and asking around.I have finally received the espresso maker.

First of all kudos to flipkart for lightening fast shipping and superb packing.

Presenting you my Esspresso Maker

Will be giving my short review soon enough with a cuppa Cappucinno
biggrin.gif

Thinking of getting a moka pot from cafe coffee day for 299 plus some pack of 3 powders for 100 bucks just to taste different flavors.

Moka pot - http://shop.cafecoff...tId=2&hdPrId=11

wikipedia says moka pots can achieve 1.5bar pressure due to steam and is good for getting normal coffee.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwZoB0zyH0M

Powders - http://shop.cafecoff...nid=4&hdCatId=1

I read somewhere that to make a good espresso, a constant 9 bar pressure is required. The only machine i found till now is of 15bar and is on ebay for 5.5k

http://www.ebay.in/i...=item1c22b373df

would too much pressure destroy taste of coffee? not that i'm going to buy the machine.

^^ I have the moka pot from CCD that you mentioned. It is time consuming to make coffee and clean it afterwards. The pot leaks if there is slight problem while fixing. After 3-4 try I could make only once a decent cup of coffee. After that I gave up.

You can try the french press that is available with them - it makes a good cup of coffee. Or for a single cup of coffee you try the Black & Decker single cup drip coffee maker.

CCD powders are good - not great. I use a mix of 200 gm pack of Arabiccah and 100 gm pack of Perfect/Charge (which one has lower chicory content). This produces a decent cup of coffee.

The Sunflame 721 that d@rK nEmEsIs bought is also a pump driven machine producing 15 bar pressure. They say that 15 bar is the optimal pressure required to make a good espresso.

Back