Call Of Duty: Infinite Wars

Trailer does not impress a bit. All the hoopla of exo-suit and likes is chewed enough. Even in CoD Black Ops 3, they have prosthetic limbs in place; I have played only one mission though. But it already gave me feeling of game being somewhat similar to previous installment.

Only good part of trailer was last 10 seconds starting from scene of Cpt. Price :joyful:; remastering COD 4.

more like Call of Duty : Death of Franchise!!! dafaq with space wars?
am only in for the remaster!!!

The visuals looks last gen in the trailer. Generally trailers are the ones which showcase extremely high level visuals (which don' make it to the end product). They should just call a break.

I am sure even the fans of COD might feel that its way too much without much improvement to have installments flowing in. In the last few iterations, visuals got upgraded and the gameplay hasnt evolved much except for throwing in exosuits (we played 3 games of crysis already, so whats new in this?)

I am sure even the fans of COD might feel that its way too much without much improvement to have installments flowing in. In the last few iterations, visuals got upgraded and the gameplay hasnt evolved much except for throwing in exosuits (we played 3 games of crysis already, so whats new in this?)

Count me in this category. I am not even feeling sad over moving to PS3 for gaming (whatever little amount of I am able to do :p) where no new titles from COD are going to release. Earlier I had little soft corner to COD games and retained desktop which is capable to run it :shifty:. I will just complete last years' installment before selling of my desktop and be done with it.

Count me in this category. I am not even feeling sad over moving to PS3 for gaming (whatever little amount of I am able to do :p) where no new titles from COD are going to release. Earlier I had little soft corner to COD games and retained desktop which is capable to run it :shifty:. I will just complete last years' installment before selling of my desktop and be done with it.
Not that I want to start a war between BF and COD fans but, frankly BF has given more gameplay improvements over the iterations alongside the larger maps with varied terrain that contribute to strategic gameplay.
Though I feel the next BF should be the last, I am still looking forward to see what they have in offer and might as well buy the game since its original (no exosuit copies) :)

COD on the other hand lost its course after BLOPS2 or even much earlier. I stopped playing COD after MW.

I fail to fathom the logic behind coming up with a title each year! Why cant they work on a title for a couple of years, revamp the engine totally, think of a story first and then build upon it!! People have started to take Infinity Ward and COD series for granted I reckon! They should really take some cues from Valve on this matter!

PS:- I dont think they would be able to do another WW2 shooter again. They merged the story of World at War with black ops. Although I thoroughly enjoyed the first iteration of the BO series, the third game ruined it totally, specially the timing of the title! I hope they come out with something new! Heck I liked the story setup of Ghosts! They should make a series out of it!

There are 3 studios working on the COD franchise now, IW, Treyarch and Sledgehammer. They each work on a COD title for 3 years and we get one COD from each studio every year. Why a COD each year? The very simple answer is because it sells and people want it. It's the IPL for consoles. Same thing each year yet millions enjoy it. Besides, Activion Blizzard is a publicly traded company. Even if someday Bobby Kotick got hit on the head and says we will revolutionize FPS and take 5 years to do it, the shareholders will have none of it. He will quickly be replaced by someone who will churn out the yearly COD.

So sit back and relax, COD isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

There are 3 studios working on the COD franchise now, IW, Treyarch and Sledgehammer. They each work on a COD title for 3 years and we get one COD from each studio every year. Why a COD each year? The very simple answer is because it sells and people want it. It's the IPL for consoles. Same thing each year yet millions enjoy it. Besides, Activion Blizzard is a publicly traded company. Even if someday Bobby Kotick got hit on the head and says we will revolutionize FPS and take 5 years to do it, the shareholders will have none of it. He will quickly be replaced by someone who will churn out the yearly COD.

So sit back and relax, COD isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

The ratio of likes/dislikes on the latest trailer tells a different story! A major chunk of its audience lies in the multiplayer component I reckon! As I have said, they should take cues from Valve on this, they should iteratively overhaul their most popular multiplayer offering i.e. include microtransactions, new maps, weapons, modes etc. and simultaneously work on a new polished single player standalone title!

Being a premium brand, I dont see any reason of not investing in cutting edge research for a new overhauled engine! I dont think fans would punish them if they take this route!

The ratio of likes/dislikes on the latest trailer tells a different story!

It's the yearly passtime. Every year a COD releases we people flock online saying it's the same shit again while others buy lineup in droves to buy it. COD is the golden child of Activision. Destiny didn't make the impact they expected it to do. I don't think they are willing to radically change something up unless the sales plummet.

Speaking of which, they did make a lot of changes. After Ghosts, which was the weakest of the series, Advanced Warfare had an engine mostly written from scratch. It added boost, dash and jumps. Black Ops III had 4 player coop and had vertical movement. They acknowledged that they were putting out the same rehashes and made efforts to bring in new elements. But if we think that they will go from a console corridor shooter to a Battlefield like combined arms game then I think the expectation is too much.

The last COD I bought is COD4, which I think was the peak of the series. Let's see how this one does.

Yeah, played till the Black Ops II campaign, didn't have the patience to download 26GB of Ghosts and fiddle with RAM fixes to play a 5 hour mediocre campaign.

BTW what's with the teen rating? Why can't they create a hard hitting gruelling adult campaign. This series is over a decade old. So I'm sure age of an average fan must be over 18 at least!

Gore, guts and glory!

Ghosts's single player campaign was good. However the gameplay was really not up to the point. I have completed it on veteran & its not that difficult. They cheated to increase the difficulty. I mean its (the difficulty) heavily & sometimes irritatingly scripted.
Other than that overall it is a decent game.

Back