Buying Pure Honey

raksrules said:
Where did you buy it from ?
Its available in hyd. My mom gets it from a rytu bazar . It was earlier easily available off the shelf from most super market chains in AP. Not sure about other places though. Try contacting them and see if they have a outlet in your place.

You can pick up sidr honey at mohammad ali road. I heard they import it from Yemen and it is of really good quality.

I don't know why people worry about stuff in honey off the shelf when there is far far worse on the vegetables/fruits that we get.

chiron said:
I don't know why people worry about stuff in honey off the shelf
Ever since we read that article in our local daily that there is lots of antibiotics in honey we stopped buying any. And this was with Dabur btw :(
chiron said:
when there is far far worse on the vegetables/fruits that we get.
And WHAT is wrong with the vegetables & fruits we get ?

chiron said:
I don't know why people worry about stuff in honey off the shelf when there is far far worse on the vegetables/fruits that we get.
Vegetables remain vegetables no matter how much pesticide or radioactivity is in them. The question here is why buy sugar syrup laced with antibiotics when you can get the real deal with some effort. If you want sugar syrup, you can easily make it at home.

chiron said:
same local daily would also have multiple articles like this; Indian veggies, fruits remain highly toxic - Times Of India
The issue here is that the pesticide is ON the vegetables rather than IN them.

Pesticides are used to keep pests away from spoling the harvest they are not absorbed by plants because plants do not need them to grow.

The solution is washing. Now notice the vegetables mentioned. ladyfinger & cauliflower. Those are harder to clean because they don't have a smooth surface like say, tomoto or cucumber so they require more washing. Maybe multiple times you might even need to use some sort of brush to clean them adequately.

Be vary of articles that do not distinguish between ON & IN.

The study mentioned in your TOI article dated Oct 2010 is in consumer-voice magazine, but unfortunately they do not allow access to that article unless you're a paid subscriber.

Back