Buying one of the old trendsetters

siddjazz

Disciple
i personally don't buy into the quad core marketing crap, companies are using. My younger bro is using my old Galaxy S, which IMO performs much better than most phones I have used. (Custom ROM obviously).

For my mums birthday I want to get her one of the older ones. The 1GHz ones. the only two requisites are that it should be "elegant" looking and with a smooth UI. The Samsung TW is shit, Motorola is so so and the HTC Sense is probably the most fluid. I plan to not tamper with the ROM (for once), so it should function well out-of-the-box.
Did I mention it should be sub 12K? :)

My only consideration right now is the HTC Desire. Any suggestions?

I personally recommend the Sony Xperia U. Should be about 14-15k. Looks great and most importantly has got an uncluttered UI. Should work out well for your mother.

y dont u get pantech burst ?

Thats a great option! And so is the Xperia U. It's quite a girlie phone. Thank you for the suggestions guys. But i'm still open to looking at older phones (that still ship).

- - - Updated - - -

Not the Lumia now ATM, please i use a Focus myself, i love it for what it is and does what is needed to done, but a lil' disappointing with no upgrade!

May be a BB? Ladies right *Bling*

I'm really liking the focus. How does it perform? Does the store have all the basic apps?

Thats a great option! And so is the Xperia U. It's quite a girlie phone. Thank you for the suggestions guys. But i'm still open to looking at older phones (that still ship).

- - - Updated - - -

I'm really liking the focus. How does it perform? Does the store have all the basic apps?

Plz elaborate basic apps :) .. imho it covers all basic necessities easily.

Basic apps would be your google maps, whats app. instagram perhaps. Whats the battery life like?

Battery life is ok. not so grt.
wtsapp is not so optimized fr windows. It works normally but in background message recieving is delayed.
I dont remember if instagram is there or not. if u r in rooting nd stuff u can install nokia drive/maps which is much better than google imo.

@siddjazz, girlie phone?? Phones had sexes... WOW! So which one would you term had the those sexy curves and bumps?

The Windows Store is just growing, not as matured as the ios and android counterparts.

It totally depends upon what apps your looking for and to install.

Have a look at the windows store and see. not many ladies hardly download any apps other than Whatsapp and some....!

Last edited by a moderator:
So instagram is a basic app now!
AFAIK even android did not have it a year ago.

Haha. I can't do without it :) Read up a little, Instagram isn't coming to windows anytime soon.

- - - Updated - - -

siddjazz, girlie phone?? Phones had sexes... WOW! So which one would you term had the those sexy curves and bumps?

The Windows Store is just growing, not as matured as the ios and android counterparts.

It totally depends upon what apps your looking for and to install.

Have a look at the windows store and see. not many ladies hardly download any apps other than Whatsapp and some....!

:) By girlie phone, I was referring to phones a girl would like to own. The colored chin, that's what i found girlie :) Anyway thanks for your inputs. My mum's never downloaded an app herself. She'd use what I put on it (and teach her to use).
I'm just trying to understand the windows phone better. I have a feeling I will be moving away from android soon.

Back