iOS Buying Ipad Mini with S. no. Warranty?

Hi

I am looking to buy an Ipad mini retina display...i checked the warranty using serial number and the tablet is registered and the warranty shows on apple website..

however, the tablet is 2nd hand and seller doesnt have the bill...has anybody got experience of claiming warranty using serial number? Do they ask for a purchase proof or serial number would work?

Let me know, planning to make the decision today.

Regards
MnVn

Don't worry. Only the serial numbers matter. And if it shows it is registered on Apple's website, then you might as well take it. For all my Apple products, I have lost the bills within a day or so. And I have also claimed the warranty on my Mac and iPad with just the serial number. All they ask is, 'Is it under warranty or not?' Good luck!

Now a days apple does ask for proof of purchase,for security reasons
They even as for a ID card of yours and later make a job sheet if u have a problem in your product
As lots of stolen stuff are flooded over the internet..
No one wants to be hazels these days,proof of purchase is always good so one can make sure you are buying a product thats coming from a legit source and its a genuine product...
Just my 2 cent advice
The serial # just shows the warranty of the product
https://selfsolve.apple.com/agreementWarrantyDynamic.do

sorry could you please elaborate a bit...this is going to be my first time with any apple product, so woiuld appreciate the full details please
1 more thing;
If I purchase additional 1 yr apple cover from amazon...would the serial number suffice for that or not?

Back