Buying from Snapdeal? Don't trust the reviews.

Attached are my order details images.

[
Screenshot_2014-12-25-20-34-23.png
Screenshot_2014-12-25-20-29-46.png
Screenshot_2014-12-25-20-29-46.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Take a chill pill everyone. No one is employee or snapdeal dealer here.

If anyone wants to return his/her snapdeal products because its Fake or Torn or Damaged, If there is no solution despite of contacting customer care Please send a mail to SD CEO.

You will hear from his personal team in 1 day.

~Peace.

There are lots of fake bot like users used by these sites who keep posting positive 4-5 star ratings and reviews.:mad:

In fact I posted nice reviews of items I bought from similar sites but only some do get published and others dont. I dont bother emailing and asking why it isnt published but its a shame on the sites behalf. Coz users buy products based on the feedback by other users aka sufferers.:writing:

And for similar site when I also posted negative reviews then too it was neglected by them.
I pity users and the site as well....:facepalm:

My share of issues so far :

Lets start from Big to Small -

Flipkart - Bought a 12 TB NAS for 60K. Works ok. The model number was wrong, but no refund or follow up. Using the NAS in testing mode ATM. Wont buy big items from FK as much as possible. Seller was not WSRetail. Had another minor issue with a laptop from WSRetail, no follow up.

Amazon - Bought a 125 INR USB OTG cable - they sent one instead of 5. Amazon has not refunded the money to me, nor has the seller said anything. Seller was Gadget Accessories on Amazon India. Avoid buy anything which is not Amazon Fulfilled.

Snapdeal - Bought Skulcandy earphones. Got them out, and the quality was shit. Checked warranty - realised they were fake. Raised ticket for return due to quality. Amount refunded.

Paytm - Bought 4 pairs of curtains, with a BOGO offer, which would have given me 8 pairs. Got 4 single curtains of different colour. Took time to return the item, but got refunded for the same.

My opinion - marketplaces should not allow spam or advertising in their comments, and should allow negative comments also. It would be better if the entire communication was kept transparent. Heard that ebay is allowing negative feedback to be wiped off, seems to be a collabration between sellers and ebay.

Whoa!! Didn't track this thread @swatkats !! :eek:

I should have written to Mr. Kunal directly!

I had a 3 month ordeal with snapdeal where-in I purchased 2x Transcend DDR2 800MHz RAM for my old rig. Since snapdeal doesn't have "qty" option, I had to make 2 purchases within a span of 10mins from same seller as it was the cheapest. The seller conveniently shipped both orders together in single package.

As soon as I opened the pack, I noticed the chipsets are not transcend. I still preferred to verify it on the website (could be some value RAM) with the serial number and serial numbers weren't working. I got a prompt response from transcend customer support that this is a fake product and I immediately raised a complaint ticket with snapdeal. It took them 2 days to respond

Meanwhile, I gladly paid Rs300 more per stick and got the stuff ordered via Flipkart, delivered in 4 days and genuine!

The fiasco with snapdeal customer support went on for ever with repeated emails on "please attach original cover for each product" despite my emails and photographs or packing,bill,product indicating both were shipped together by the seller! After nearly 3 weeks, they arranged for pickup and as per the policy i had neatly packed them in the original box and was picked up.

After 10days i get a refund or Rs1550 (for 1 item) which i noticed after another week as i was on tour. When inquired, their customer care mentioned "we will send our executive to pick the 2nd item" and when i said both were picked up since both were shipped together! "Don't worry sir, it will be resolved within a week"

But during the week, every day i received calls from guys who are "at your door to pick the product for return"!!!! Even after calling up CS, it kept happening!

I was out of country for 5wks and had to settle down with email followups and once back several calls and emails with extremely harsh words did nothing but increase my blood-pressure! "We will escalate. We are checking with the logistics to confirm the 2nd product receipt"

Eventually, I got a call from someone in their HQ last week.
The lady said she 'understands the pain you have gone through' but didn't hesitate to give me gyaan "in future please ensure that each order needs to be shipped separately" and dodged my question "yeah, what happens to the absence of 'original packing' on the 2nd item? was it mentioned in your returns email? what about the seller shipping both together and saving on shipping but making me pay for it? how about the seller still dealing stuff on your website?"

Last week, after exactly 3 months, I got a refund of the remaining Rs1550!

Needless to say, this was the last online shopping from snapdeal where alone i had on an average 8 purchases a month until Sep.14.
Of course a lot of them were returned & refunded/exchanged for wrong size, colour etc without hassle... but this experience left me convinced to NEVER go by reviews. If not reviews, buy only if the seller is "star" or "approved" as with ebay/amazon

Attachments

• Ram-invoice.jpg
    Ram-invoice.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 254
I got my refund from SD on 26th december. So thanks again goes to @swatkats.
I also got to know one more thing, the SD cash if they refund you via that route, has expiry of 6 months. Wow, how can someone put an expiry limit on your money?
Overall , this was a very eye-opening experience with Snapdeal for me. Again I will repeat, I am sure I would have come quiet close to buying a TV from them in the future.

P.S. I started the thread highlighting the problems with their reviews, my -ve review was not published. People have pointed out that even good reviews are not being published sometimes. But the point still stands, if you are buying a product from SD, don't just go by the ratings.

@angie good to know it's resolved.. yeah, the SD cash has an expiry date... but you could insist to credit it back to original mode of payment...
snapdeal is still okay for non-electronic stuff.. but amazon.in has quite competitive pricing + ebay.in seems to have upp'd their ante as far as sellers go... am now back with ebay.in thanks to the never ending discount vouchers

So I got an email today from Snapdeal for "Answer the Question" for this product

http://www.snapdeal.com/product/bosch-aquatak-3512-high-pressure/1221418084

The question from a prospective buyer was

Will the seller fill the warranty card with the product code and his seal?
Will the Bosch authorized center assist on the product under warranty?

snap.jpg

After using this product for a while I had submitted a long detailed review for this item but it never got published. When I contacted the customer service about warranty card not filled up the reply was in event of failure snapdeal will assist with any issues. I had gone to local Bosch service centre and saw a large sign saying no warranty honored without filled warranty card and stamped by an authorised dealer.

I conveyed briefly all that transpired by answering Chetan instead I got the following message from snapdeal.

Unfortunately, your answer could not be published on the site.

We apologize for the inconvenience but unfortunately we could not make your answer live because your answer is not relevant to the product and does not seem to convey the message clearly.

On bosch India website http://www.boschindia.com/content/language1/html/7128.htm
this model is not even listed !!!

SD does replace the things, but as usual you have to take the pain of returning it within 7 days, once even after 9 days,( I told them that I did raised to complain on their website which I didn't :) , but did not get the email, they agreed for return). have ordered 40-50 items so far from SD including LED TV etc, returned 3 so far due to defect/wrong product.

But they always change your reviews.. Never ever they publish the review that you have put..

I believe there is some technical problem with snapdeal regarding publishing reviews. I have made like 7 reviews out of which only 2 have been published. Even the good reviews have not been published .

My experience with snapdeal has been satisfactory ,except for the review part.

I believe there is some technical problem with snapdeal regarding publishing reviews. I have made like 7 reviews out of which only 2 have been published. Even the good reviews have not been published .

My experience with snapdeal has been satisfactory ,except for the review part.
Yeah man, I totally believe you. Since you just went through the trouble of signing up today and posting here.

Last edited:
avoid snapdeal.. had placed an order for musubo case for iphone 5/5s .. got a fake one... finally got a refund after so many mails n calls. never buying from snapdeal again

Back