buying domain

I'd recommend Porkbun and Cloudflare for domain registration and Cloudflare for DNS records. It's best practice to have your domain registration, name servers and hosting with different providers so you can prevent vendor lock out but it definitely entails more maintenance.

Is there India specific telephony / chat support from cloudflare ?
Didn't get familiar with their services, want to start using them for vpn.

slightly OT. for some reason both of my VISA credit cards didn't work on cloudflare for registering a domain. had to use PayPal to get it done.

This site is running an Independence Day sale and prices seem cheap. Anyone have any experience buying from them?

ind.png

porkbun is prolly the best imo for domain registeration, i use mxroute for hosting mails. It costs me 10 usd per year.

Last edited:
@prime zoho gives free email plan right? Also if you are icloud user, even then icloud+ plans starts per month 50rs has email option.
Thanks. I tried ZOHO yesterday and it worked.

I wish it had auto mail forwarding (to my gmail) for all mails in free version so that I don't need to keep one tab active for very rare emails I receive for this custom domain.

Any workarounds?

Thanks. I tried ZOHO yesterday and it worked.

I wish it had auto mail forwarding (to my gmail) for all mails in free version so that I don't need to keep one tab active for very rare emails I receive for this custom domain.

Any workarounds?
It does have it. Either with POP access, or auto forwarding for all emails.

Go to Settings>Mail accounts>Forwards.

Hi.
As someone who has had 'unbelievable' and 'unforgettable' experiences very recently with the 'number one' Indian registrar, I recommend you to:

1. Go with Desi country specific Registrars if you want life lessons at the expense of your precious time and mental health.

2. Go with International Registrars if you want to get your actual work done.

Thank you

So, I have been using .in domain (GoDaddy) with free Zoho mail (no forwarding to gmail in free version) and the domain is due for renewal on 29-12-2023. GoDaddy's renewal price is Rs.825 (699 + GST).

Is it advisable to transfer my domain for? Is there a better option for:

* Domain+free mail (with free forwarding to gmail)

or

* Pricing

Will it be easy to transfer? Downtime is acceptable.

TIA.

So, I have been using .in domain (GoDaddy) with free Zoho mail (no forwarding to gmail in free version) and the domain is due for renewal on 29-12-2023. GoDaddy's renewal price is Rs.825 (699 + GST).

Is it advisable to transfer my domain for? Is there a better option for:

* Domain+free mail (with free forwarding to gmail)

or

* Pricing

Will it be easy to transfer? Downtime is acceptable.

TIA.
if you only want forwarding, cloudflare allows forwarding for free. If you want email hosting, MX Route has good pricing and service. There was a black friday offer a couple of days ago, 3 years of hosting for 15 USD. You can use cloudflare or porkbun for domain renewal.

if you only want forwarding, cloudflare allows forwarding for free. If you want email hosting, MX Route has good pricing and service. There was a black friday offer a couple of days ago, 3 years of hosting for 15 USD. You can use cloudflare or porkbun for domain renewal.
Thanks.

I don't want email hosting.

I am trying to transfer domain to cloudflare and reached 8:50 of the following video:

But it says that my domain (.in is the reason???) is "UNSUPPORTED". Any suggestions?

Edit: Just now tried to register an .in domain on cloudflare and it says "xyzgsklgskjgjdlls.in cannot be registered as Cloudflare does not yet support the ".in" extension.

Back to square one. :confused:

Attachments

• Screenshot (2924).png
    Screenshot (2924).png
    100.4 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Thanks.

I don't want email hosting.

I am trying to transfer domain to cloudflare and reached 8:50 of the following video:

But it says that my domain (.in is the reason???) is "UNSUPPORTED". Any suggestions?
Ah it seems so. I was not aware about that. Can you try porkbun? All my domains have been registered through there so far and their prices and service have been on par with cloudflare. The process should be the same. Point the nameservers to cloudflare if domain transfer is successful and use the email routing option.

Zoho has best solutions. (born in India)
If you own a domain, you can use there free email hosting (5 mail boxes)
5 gigz per user.

Each and every service is very professional..
I agree.

But, their free version doesn't offer email forward for that rare email I get. So, it occupies a tab or an app in the phone. Also if it is forwarded on gmail, it is sort of permanent backup, can be searched years later.

Anyway, will make peace with it because I don't want to pay for email forward (Samsung corporate account is needed 2-3 times a year). :cool:

Back