Buying a used car

sankey

Disciple
Hi guys,

with a budget of about 3 lakhs lookin to buy a used car for a family of four. Will only be used on weekends for city roaming and the occasional long trip to the village. Thing im confused about is should i go for a less old small segment car or an older mid segment one...

Ive chalked out the Santro Xing as the fav considering the WagonR, Zen and Palio as other options....

I've loved the Accent and is one my strong mid size options with the Ikon to think about too...

Any suggestions and experiences are welcome....

try and get an old baleno. Its a good performer, an old horse and from maruti, so that you wont have troubles in spares et all. Moreover it is roomy as well.

one more vote for an Accent...u'll easily get a well kept Accent with low mileage in tht budget..or yeah, i agree with chaos, get a new Alto..it's always a better option than a used car..

Since you are considering small cars as well, its better to go for a brand new. Alto LXi, XETA GLE and Santro XK all come in your budget. However, only Alto LXi will offer you power steering and HVAC.I suggest you increase your budget a bit and try and go for Santro mid variant or Xeta GLS.

if you can up your budget palio brand new starts from 3.2 ex showroom. more spacious than most small cars .. or you can get a lot of good deals in market

of course i am biased towards the car as an owner :p

^^no no not insulting anything, its just that @~18 secs, its one of the slowest hatches around, though in-gear acceleration is decent due to Turbo charger and decent amount of torque. Palio Stile 1.1 is more in the Indica NA terriory as far as 0-100 is concerned.

i never considered the alto as such because of its 800 + a bit more feeling...but some of u guys are making me think otherwise....
And as for the Indica and many of its revamps are not even an option for me for ive got far too many negative remarks from friends, websites and wherever else ive looked for...

Turbo's are expensive to repair... and if the car is not new to begin with, it is likely to go sooner than you will expect it to. Most importantly... if used.... pay a little and have a mechanic check it out for you before you buy it. I don't know about how it is there, but here, cars here have a VIN #, and you can look up previous vehicle history for accidents and such. Since all accidents in USA have to be reported if over a certain amount of damage(for insurance purposes) all cars will have this info store under Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) I am not sure if things work the same over there or not, but all the same... it is worth to have a mechanic look 1st :D

General motors has recently released a new model named "Sparks" looks better than other similarly priced cars.. @ 3.09 its a good deal and gives better avg than low end cars :p

A major good news from my side is im stretching my pocket to 4 abouts because ive some financial things sorted out :) . So that should give me good options for a new small segment car.What do you think?
Just test drove the Xing and the top end XO model would cost just a tad over 4 on road here in mumbai.
Also took a look at the Estilo Vxi but its not VFM from what i saw. onroad about 4.5 for the Vxi(mid model). The seats were so tough on the back....sheesh...and shifting not very smooth.
One other option is the recently launched Palio 1.1 Stile(Really like its design). Very good looking(much more so than the Xing tall boy style) although a bit underpowered. At 4lakhs(ex showroom) for the top end 1.1 its very inviting but i rather not talk about Fiat's after After Sales Service.....I can only hope the tie up with Tata would help improve that.

if you can stretch it a wee bit more, and bargain hard, you can get the swift Vxi

if not, you can still get the swift LXi....

and that IMHO is the best car in that budget by miles over any other hatchback

Back