Buying a matress

technofast

Huh?
Adept
It has been a while since I sourced for a new mattress. Couple of years back there was not too many brands and not many choices. When I went shopping for buying a new mattress I found the choice is too much and got confused between memory foam, spring coil mattress, spine guard mattress, natural latex etc...etc....When we shop for some electronic atleast we hear and see and decide. Here it is difficult since we need to sleep and check if the mattress is good enough and that is difficult in a mattress showroom.

I always thought when sleeping in star hotels the mattress there looks so comfortable and wanted to buy the same for home. I figured out a brand Snoozer which it seems is used by most of the star hotels. So if any one is using this brand please comment if it is worth to buy. I checked out one of their Ortho firm spring mattress and it looked very comfortable. If anyone had used this before how long would it last? Is it safe to buy and does it give good back support on the long term? Should I also see any other brand.

My budget is around 35K. Please let me know.

It has been a while since I sourced for a new mattress. Couple of years back there was not too many brands and not many choices. When I went shopping for buying a new mattress I found the choice is too much and got confused between memory foam, spring coil mattress, spine guard mattress, natural latex etc...etc....When we shop for some electronic atleast we hear and see and decide. Here it is difficult since we need to sleep and check if the mattress is good enough and that is difficult in a mattress showroom.

I always thought when sleeping in star hotels the mattress there looks so comfortable and wanted to buy the same for home. I figured out a brand Snoozer which it seems is used by most of the star hotels. So if any one is using this brand please comment if it is worth to buy. I checked out one of their Ortho firm spring mattress and it looked very comfortable. If anyone had used this before how long would it last? Is it safe to buy and does it give good back support on the long term? Should I also see any other brand.

My budget is around 35K. Please let me know.

Depends on what you want. A few people like good back support so prefer something hard while others like their bed to be soft and comfy.

I got a Sleepwell Regal mattress around 6 months back. It's soft and very comfortable. Costs around 38k for a 6x5 and 6" thick mattress. It's a mix of Latex and memory foam.

I have sleepwell (non spring) mattress. i forgot its name, but i remember it costed me 42k when i bought it 2 years back. Its a single mattress for a king size bed. Its made of some space technology foam(as per the papers), which takes the body shape. Superbly soft and comfortable.

Same happened with me last year....
I was super confused with so many varieties... So I went for a simple cotton mattress....
In that too I had number of choices but I went for the best quality cotton available with that guy and got a 5" height 6' X 5' mattress for about 12k. I find it so comfortable that I wont be changing it anytime soon :)
I wish these companies had made it easier for customers to understand the products or there were like some benchmarks for mattresses also ...
Best of luck in your search...

what @indy1811 says, depends on what you want. In my flat, I have a foam one for me and traditional cotton one for my mom. While I can sleep on most surfaces, my mom develops back pain on the foam ones popular these days.

Coir based mattress are good but only problem they tend to get stiff over a period of time but agreed they are more comfortable than other mattress but need to change it in couple of years. Yes, we tend to use the mattress for a very long period and only when we get stiff back we realize that something is wrong with the mattress. Marriot in Mumbai has the best mattress that I have ever slept in star hotels. They told that it is half filled with geese feather and is made to order and each costs upwards Rs.2lakhs.

Even i'm in the market for a new mattress.
Came across this brand, need to visit a store and check em out though.
http://www.pepsindia.com/Home.html
Prices available on snapdeal but don't really understand what's good going by the description.

I looked at their spine care mattress and it is good but not worth the price it is being sold. It is around 37K. Identified one dealer who accepted that I could try it for a week and return it if I felt uncomfortable sleeping in it.

Back