Graphic Cards Buying a Card

beauty55

Disciple
I would like to buy a new card for my system in a short time.My budget for the card is 5k.Can anybody suggest me a card in this budget.I would like to use this card for casual gaming and HTPC.

My system config as follows

AMD X2 3600+

ASUS M2NPV-VM mobo

2GB DDR2

80 GB HDD

19 inch viewsonic lcd monitor.

400W PSU

Buddy spend 1k more, and get 9600GSO. Its 40% faster than 8600GTS. 10-15% slower than 9600GT (depending on resolution U play games) which costs 10k INR, U r getting ATI HD 3850 equivalent performance in 6k.

SidhuPunjab said:
err, I meant he will be getting performance equivalent to HD 3850 in 6k if he buys 9600GSO.

or is it really 6k in India ?? Thats very good price.

i don't think so!, should costs minimum Rs 8K from Sapphire, since its bigger bro HD3870 costs here Rs 11K..

i think HD3650 would be nice for him - best HTPC & Casual gamming. and
it will come within his budjet.:hap2:

Dont get 3650, its gaming performance is similar to 8600GT. both nvidia and ATI have their own video enhancements, UR eyes wont even catch IQ differance.

Avivo vs Purevideo

This is extensive 18 page rcomparison by driverheaven.

Conclusion -

Image quality is much closer between the two due to both having good and bad points. Clearly with some time and patience it would be possible to work out the best settings for each card, but we should be much closer to perfection at default settings than we are. In reality, the best image is probably somewhere in between the two produced. If we had to choose one as our preference, overall it would probably be Nvidia as much of the detail issues could be fixed by an increase in brightness rather than significant work to get skin tone correct on ATI.

I wd disagree with u sidhu..
My cousin owns both 8600GT runng on 8A on 12V, he brought it last year & no problem yet..
Other 8800GT running on 16A on 12V frm 6 months, without any blue screen of death..
I feel,12A is sufficient for 8600GT to run normal:D:

^ Its not ma statement, Box says. LOL I know people r running 8800GT on 450W desi PSUs.

and BSOD has nothing to do, its instant restarts, less OCabity or sudden death.

^

oh common u r risking ur whole systen with a low end desi PSU

i've seen on the box of Ladtech 8600GT saying 20A on the 12V Rail

i m running my 8600 GTS on a server PSU with 30A on 12 V rail but the volts on 12V rail Fluctuate @ load sometimes down to 11.6v

and also if u have the newer drivers they tell u GPU is throttling due to insufficient Power.

EDIT: also the PSU is not 100% eficient @ loads so it might b giving 14A to the card.

EDIT 2: i've even seen a TE member post a picture of burnt out capacitors of A PSU

Back