[Business News]As Modi euphoria cools, India faces test to keep foreigners invested.

The problem with such a suggestion is the current govt. They have been peddling their pseudo- Hinduism inspired policies.
Also the land acquisition bill was a big alarm bell for me. Many points under that bill were good and there are projects like inter-connectivity of our rivers ( something I have been hoping for years now) which would have benefitted from the law, but the govt first needs to build trust before coming out with such laws as only then people would be less skeptical about them.

Our electoral politics has always been pseudo secularism vs pseudo Hinduism. Congress has ruled the country by encashing on minority votes 20% & Dalit votes 20% plus ensuring that the 60% Hindu votes properly divided. The biased media has always supported the pseudo secular view of Congress for their own benefits. Modi consolidated the Hindu and nationalist votes like never before which naturally resulted in a thumping majority. Its not a puppet government anymore which will allow you to do whatever you want, and looting the country. Last 10 yrs there was a severe lack of governance ; which makes you feel that a current government is a authoritative one or dictatorial one, which isn't true.

Other than national media ; every international media (including Pakistan) has praised Modi's efforts with Acknowledgement of change in perception of India as a whole. He's a true leader with vision & if you see the initiatives like Swach Bharat, Start-up India, Make in India are part of a well planned strategy of nation building. He's ministers are doing a great job too, especially Prabhu, Sushma & Piyush Goel. Somehow Jaitley doesn't seem to deliver, but considering the turmoil in international markets we're still in a better situation. The international business magazines have quoted to the extent that, India seems to be the only hope as economic growth is concerned.

There are various reasons why Indian media is utterly biased towards the Modi government. He doesn't take them on foreign tours, stopped illegal foreign funding of various NGOs etc.

http://indianexpress.com/article/in...ls-licence-of-4470-ngos/#sthash.aE7icHAS.dpuf

But Modi is a highly polarizing figure, even the media seems polarized now with few channels clearly supporting the government, which is for the first time ; otherwise they were relatively United.

With 2 generation of Congress legislatures as my relatives, I voted for this government and I'm very much happy with the performance. I support the government handling of JNU issue too, had they not interfered we might have witnessed celebration of Yakub & Kasab Martyrdom day's also.

Like me, Many non BJP, non ABVP, Non RSS members have clearly supported the government stand.

uploadfromtaptalk1456682828351.jpg

Last edited:
@^^ even i voted for bjp but dont u feel they acted like a puppet govt. only ? the recent haryana rioting is a perfect example. people looting non jat people in haryana for a week and no action taken. 100s of cars/trucks burnt. hundreds shops in rohtak/ hisar burnt down / damage of hundreds of crores done to state. yet no action taken.

btw that image with dhoni /gambhir and vijender is misleading as these are not their quotes. also half of our kashmir is already gone. and other half too has been alienated like north east.

Looking at the support jnu issue had from the Congress and communists,we would very well be having a countdown to lose what's left of Kashmir very soon if Congress comes back to power.

Our electoral politics has always been pseudo secularism vs pseudo Hinduism. Congress has ruled the country by encashing on minority votes 20% & Dalit votes 20% plus ensuring that the 60% Hindu votes properly divided. The biased media has always supported the pseudo secular view of Congress for their own benefits. Modi consolidated the Hindu and nationalist votes like never before which naturally resulted in a thumping majority. Its not a puppet government anymore which will allow you to do whatever you want, and looting the country. Last 10 yrs there was a severe lack of governance ; which makes you feel that a current government is a authoritative one or dictatorial one, which isn't true.

Other than national media ; every international media (including Pakistan) has praised Modi's efforts with Acknowledgement of change in perception of India as a whole. He's a true leader with vision & if you see the initiatives like Swach Bharat, Start-up India, Make in India are part of a well planned strategy of nation building. He's ministers are doing a great job too, especially Prabhu, Sushma & Piyush Goel. Somehow Jaitley doesn't seem to deliver, but considering the turmoil in international markets we're still in a better situation. The international business magazines have quoted to the extent that, India seems to be the only hope as economic growth is concerned.

There are various reasons why Indian media is utterly biased towards the Modi government. He doesn't take them on foreign tours, stopped illegal foreign funding of various NGOs etc.

http://indianexpress.com/article/in...ls-licence-of-4470-ngos/#sthash.aE7icHAS.dpuf

But Modi is a highly polarizing figure, even the media seems polarized now with few channels clearly supporting the government, which is for the first time ; otherwise they were relatively United.

With 2 generation of Congress legislatures as my relatives, I voted for this government and I'm very much happy with the performance. I support the government handling of JNU issue too, had they not interfered we might have witnessed celebration of Yakub & Kasab Martyrdom day's also.

Like me, Many non BJP, non ABVP, Non RSS members have clearly supported the government stand.

View attachment 63168
My views are not based on what Indian media shows. I don't watch a single news channel so my views aren't shaped by the media.

I have been seriously put off by the Beef- related incidents. In all those cases a group or a few individuals found it right to take the law in their hand bases on what they thought was correct. The public can't gather the courage to take such a drastic step unless they are assured that nothing will be done against them.
The current govt might have a strong administrative culture but I can't stand the way they are dividing our country on religion. You can argue to say that the divide might have been always there but the way they are using social media to rile up the Hindus is creating a very dangerous environment.
If you believe that the way they handled the JNU issue is correct, then I can't say anything. I seriously detest the way both social and paid media do character assassination of a person who is yet to be convicted. As for the Afzal Guru issue, everyone knows that his conviction and execution wasn't handled properly. He was never captured, rather he had voluntarily surrendered to the CBI. So in principle, he was wronged. Whether he deserved it or not is a completely different aspect. I personally can't support a system where the law is different for different people. In the famous case of Jessica Lal, it was the people's anguish and protest against the wrongful working of the system that got Manu Sharma convicted. If protesting against that lapse of govt is right then it is the same in Afzal's case. Law shouldn't have a place for emotions but alas like all humans the system is also imperfect.

For the OT, The foreign Media is full of praise on Modi's Economic measures

2. http://articles.economictimes.india...ndia-unleashes-pension-funds-pm-narendra-modi

@rdst_1
I do have my reservations against a Beef Lynch issue, Law & order is a state controlled machinery, the question should be on the current UP Govt, not Central Govt. You May say about some three MLAs inciting etc, but those are the Fringe elements in BJP, you can't blame whole BJP for that ; you can't label whole of JNU as anti-national like some channels are doing , just because few student groups were involved in anti-national sloganeering.

BTW what do you make up of politically motivated Beef Parties ? What is the point you are trying to make ? that We can IRRITATE (hurt the feelings of) the majority religion in the country in the name of freedom of speech etc, Hindus , though you are a majority religion, though a Rightist Govt is ruling U can't do anything about it ? for this attitude there cannot be any explanation & they're justifying the actions of VHP and Dadri Mob.

Coming to JNU issue , Govt waited for whole 3 days before arresting Kanhaiyya, as the pressure on them mounted day by day after those videos were aired. Had the Govt not done anything it would have been a catastrophe. I don't think the UPA would've done anything different.
Govt inaction would've resulted in Two important issues -
Firstly , there would have been unabated celebration of Afzal Martyrdom day, Yakub Martyrdom day nonsense and Govt would be perceived as a weakling, or spineless one.
Secondly, Govt Inaction , Media bias ,Clubbed with People anguish would have resulted in near lynching of the accused. What happened in Patiala HC was just an example how angry the people sentiments were. Govt,By taking Kanhaiyya , Umar in Judicial Custody and allowing them to prove their innocence, Govt is actually safe guarding them. Let Law take it course, so that nobody takes Law in their hands. Still they have a threat to their life even if they are released after proving their innocence.

In our country if mob takes a decisive action, let however unlawful it may be; the ruling party usually supports the mob justice almost always , with the fear of vote bank politics. Take any riot for example , be it Jat reservation riots, Kapu reservation riots in AP, Gujrat Riots, MALDA riots, anti Sikh Riots of 1984, anywhere, anytime, the Govt under question (Be it BJP, SP, TMC or Congress) will show a soft stance against the majority rioters. It is completely wrong and undemocratic but unfortunately that's how the ground reality in this country is.

Afzal wasn't innocent, he was a terrorist , hanging wasn't completely wrong. Attacking a parliament is akin to waging a war against a country and deserves nothing less than capital punishment. listen to his interview and his links.
BTW UPA govt hanged him & now PC doing a complete U-Turn ( & His party disowning his comments) is part of filthy politics by the Pseudo Seculars of this country.

Coming to freedom of speech, Can you imagine celebrating a Osama Martyrdom day in one of US university, and raise anti US slogans and get away with it ? ( Knowing fully that creation of AlQuida and Osama was part of US Middle east policy ?)
The Type of slogans uttered in JNU ; If that is a freedom of speech then don't blame anybody, Release Kamlesh Tiwari , arrest Malda Rioters ASAP. Freedom of speech is not absolute (& can never be absolute ) that is basic thing which learned intellectuals mis-understood. No amount of intellectual arguments would justify that type of anti-national sloganeering. In country like India, freedom of speech cannot be absolute.
http://indianexpress.com/article/india/india-others/freedom-of-speech-cannot-be-absolute-sc/

Finally, We taxpayers fund their studies not their politics, Read this from Mohandas Pai,
http://www.ndtv.com/opinion/dear-jnu-students-we-fund-your-studies-not-your-politics-1277417

@^^ delhi police has said in court today that they have no evidence against kanhaiya. so how was it a right move? you are justifying bjps wrongs that mob will be allowed to run as long as they are majority. guess bjp is no different than others. modi like in gujarat again let riots happen. no amount of selfies with world leaders help if your own countrys people not safe not even those living 20 kms from the capital. they did not arrest kanhaiya to let "law run its course" else lawyers and goons wont have been allowed to assault them and no police action for 4 days against the attackers basically bjp trying to malign jnu as it is majority a leftist aligned student union where abvp can never win

For the OT, The foreign Media is full of praise on Modi's Economic measures

2. http://articles.economictimes.india...ndia-unleashes-pension-funds-pm-narendra-modi

@rdst_1
I do have my reservations against a Beef Lynch issue, Law & order is a state controlled machinery, the question should be on the current UP Govt, not Central Govt. You May say about some three MLAs inciting etc, but those are the Fringe elements in BJP, you can't blame whole BJP for that ; you can't label whole of JNU as anti-national like some channels are doing , just because few student groups were involved in anti-national sloganeering.

BTW what do you make up of politically motivated Beef Parties ? What is the point you are trying to make ? that We can IRRITATE (hurt the feelings of) the majority religion in the country in the name of freedom of speech etc, Hindus , though you are a majority religion, though a Rightist Govt is ruling U can't do anything about it ? for this attitude there cannot be any explanation & they're justifying the actions of VHP and Dadri Mob.

Coming to JNU issue , Govt waited for whole 3 days before arresting Kanhaiyya, as the pressure on them mounted day by day after those videos were aired. Had the Govt not done anything it would have been a catastrophe. I don't think the UPA would've done anything different.
Govt inaction would've resulted in Two important issues -
Firstly , there would have been unabated celebration of Afzal Martyrdom day, Yakub Martyrdom day nonsense and Govt would be perceived as a weakling, or spineless one.
Secondly, Govt Inaction , Media bias ,Clubbed with People anguish would have resulted in near lynching of the accused. What happened in Patiala HC was just an example how angry the people sentiments were. Govt,By taking Kanhaiyya , Umar in Judicial Custody and allowing them to prove their innocence, Govt is actually safe guarding them. Let Law take it course, so that nobody takes Law in their hands. Still they have a threat to their life even if they are released after proving their innocence.

In our country if mob takes a decisive action, let however unlawful it may be; the ruling party usually supports the mob justice almost always , with the fear of vote bank politics. Take any riot for example , be it Jat reservation riots, Kapu reservation riots in AP, Gujrat Riots, MALDA riots, anti Sikh Riots of 1984, anywhere, anytime, the Govt under question (Be it BJP, SP, TMC or Congress) will show a soft stance against the majority rioters. It is completely wrong and undemocratic but unfortunately that's how the ground reality in this country is.

Afzal wasn't innocent, he was a terrorist , hanging wasn't completely wrong. Attacking a parliament is akin to waging a war against a country and deserves nothing less than capital punishment. listen to his interview and his links.
BTW UPA govt hanged him & now PC doing a complete U-Turn ( & His party disowning his comments) is part of filthy politics by the Pseudo Seculars of this country.

Coming to freedom of speech, Can you imagine celebrating a Osama Martyrdom day in one of US university, and raise anti US slogans and get away with it ? ( Knowing fully that creation of AlQuida and Osama was part of US Middle east policy ?)
The Type of slogans uttered in JNU ; If that is a freedom of speech then don't blame anybody, Release Kamlesh Tiwari , arrest Malda Rioters ASAP. Freedom of speech is not absolute (& can never be absolute ) that is basic thing which learned intellectuals mis-understood. No amount of intellectual arguments would justify that type of anti-national sloganeering. In country like India, freedom of speech cannot be absolute.
http://indianexpress.com/article/india/india-others/freedom-of-speech-cannot-be-absolute-sc/

Finally, We taxpayers fund their studies not their politics, Read this from Mohandas Pai,
http://www.ndtv.com/opinion/dear-jnu-students-we-fund-your-studies-not-your-politics-1277417
Some points raised by you really make me laugh.
If BJPs intentions were to save Kanhaiya from the angry mob then why don't do that in a manner which they deploy to save their own asses. Why don't disperse such a mob by force and provide Z+ security to him, considering he needed that in your opinion. Why, do not only character assassination but also deny him his democratic rights.

Secondly, no reason whatsoever can be used to justify crowd justice. Even my Dad says things like those you mentioned above. So if the majority( based on religion) of population feels a certain way, then we should all just forget about what's right.

The behaviour of many drivers on the road, irritates me to no end. That doesn't mean it's right for me to take law in my hand. Such an environment, where public justice is encouraged, is a recipe for disaster which results in riots and instability of the whole country.
Why would a company/ individual like to invest in a country where their investments can be burned to the ground by an unruly mob. What will good economic policies do to help a country then.

Some points raised by you really make me laugh.
If BJPs intentions were to save Kanhaiya from the angry mob then why don't do that in a manner which they deploy to save their own asses. Why don't disperse such a mob by force and provide Z+ security to him, considering he needed that in your opinion. Why, do not only character assassination but also deny him his democratic rights.

Secondly, no reason whatsoever can be used to justify crowd justice. Even my Dad says things like those you mentioned above. So if the majority( based on religion) of population feels a certain way, then we should all just forget about what's right.

The behaviour of many drivers on the road, irritates me to no end. That doesn't mean it's right for me to take law in my hand. Such an environment, where public justice is encouraged, is a recipe for disaster which results in riots and instability of the whole country.
Why would a company/ individual like to invest in a country where their investments can be burned to the ground by an unruly mob. What will good economic policies do to help a country then.
Sorry if my comments made you come to such conclusion, I didn't mean that govt wanted to save Kanhaiyya & they arrested them for that reason. I just pointed out what'd have happened if the government hadn't arrested them. I felt the govt action was appropriate and timely ; though sedition charges were bit too much IMHO. Judicial custody and warning was more than enough, though they're budding politicians from University campuses, still they'd enjoy some immunity from sedition charges because they're "Students".

This govt was being severely criticized by the same media in those 3 days before arresting them. The accusations were like Govt wanted To cement their alliance with PDP in J&K & that's why they're not acting on anti national sloganeering. They're accommodative of such anti-national activities just for political gains.

Now that Govt has acted, they're crying Govt is Curbing free speech etc. It was a catch 22 situation for Govt ; doomed if you act & doomed if you don't, considering the support it got from various quarters (people who don't belong to BJP ideology) like war veterans etc , I think they did the right job.
@^^ delhi police has said in court today that they have no evidence against kanhaiya. so how was it a right move? you are justifying bjps wrongs that mob will be allowed to run as long as they are majority. guess bjp is no different than others. modi like in gujarat again let riots happen. no amount of selfies with world leaders help if your own countrys people not safe not even those living 20 kms from the capital. they did not arrest kanhaiya to let "law run its course" else lawyers and goons wont have been allowed to assault them and no police action for 4 days against the attackers basically bjp trying to malign jnu as it is majority a leftist aligned student union where abvp can never win
What respect any govt would have been left with, had they been inactive towards the anti-national sloganeering just 20kms from their parliament?

Please read my reply again, I don't approve of any kind of mob justice, but such things happen mainly because govt doesn't act swiftly against culprits. People take law in their hands and the govt of the day becomes a mute spectator to avoid further anti govt sentiments. People would talk years together about govt atrocities if they use force against such rioters. Its a sad state of affairs but this is what vote bank politics has given us. This Govt correctly read the people's sentiments & averted such a situation by arresting them timely, and IMHO it was the right thing to do. Let them prove their innocence in a court of law or get the punishment as per law instead of mob justice.

My views are not based on what Indian media shows. I don't watch a single news channel so my views aren't shaped by the media.

I have been seriously put off by the Beef- related incidents. In all those cases a group or a few individuals found it right to take the law in their hand bases on what they thought was correct. The public can't gather the courage to take such a drastic step unless they are assured that nothing will be done against them.
The current govt might have a strong administrative culture but I can't stand the way they are dividing our country on religion. You can argue to say that the divide might have been always there but the way they are using social media to rile up the Hindus is creating a very dangerous environment.
If you believe that the way they handled the JNU issue is correct, then I can't say anything. I seriously detest the way both social and paid media do character assassination of a person who is yet to be convicted. As for the Afzal Guru issue, everyone knows that his conviction and execution wasn't handled properly. He was never captured, rather he had voluntarily surrendered to the CBI. So in principle, he was wronged. Whether he deserved it or not is a completely different aspect. I personally can't support a system where the law is different for different people. In the famous case of Jessica Lal, it was the people's anguish and protest against the wrongful working of the system that got Manu Sharma convicted. If protesting against that lapse of govt is right then it is the same in Afzal's case. Law shouldn't have a place for emotions but alas like all humans the system is also imperfect.

I Missed Answering on the Hate campaign issue against JNU.
JNU is an esteemed institution , it runs from the sole support of Central Govt , which subsidizes most of the things in the campus. with annual fees like Rs 219 ( yes Freedom 251 appears costlier to that ) Govt spends nearly 3 L per student during a entire course.
In a situation of a fallout with ruling Govt on such issues like anti-national sloganeering JNU should've dealt it in more disciplined manner. They should've constituted an immediate inquiry and suspended the involved students ASAP, which they lacked. Though Kanhaiyya May not be involved in sloganeering but he took the permission & organized Afzal solidarity rally in the name of Cultural event (The JNU administration wasn't fully aware that the event was for supporting the cause of a terrorist).

Most Importantly, in a fight against ruling Govt , They Should NOT HAVE taken the support from the opposition parties ! That is a grave mistake ! They should NOT HAVE allowed Rahul, Kejri or Yechury into their campuses , let them support from outside if they want to . No question of political parties sharing the Dais with JNU students.
This mistake has reduced this to Left Vs Right or Ruling Vs Opposition Debate instead of the free speech or ultimate in freedom of expression that JNU believes that it stands for. The Moment it became a political battle each and every PR machinery of the respective political party PLUNGED INTO ACTION and JNU will have to face the collateral damage. In the End these political parties would just USE the JNU as a Platform and JNU students will have to suffer the wrath of Govt & Majority Public opinion, which is currently against them. JNU should've taken a strong apolitical stand instead !

JNU is such a powerful institution in itself , it should have taken stance against opposition parties entering the Campus. JNU Under-estimated its own power , let me be clear on this; JNU Didn't NEED THE SUPPORT FROM OPPOSITION PARTIES ! INSTEAD ITS THE OPPOSITION PARTIES THAT NEEDED SUPPORT OF AN ESTEEMED INSTITUTION LIKE JNU TO PROPAGATE THEIR ANTI RULING PARTY IDEOLOGIES & FILTHY POLITICS.
This JNU issue has rekindled the career of LEFT parties, which were almost getting obsolete in current political scenario after entry of AAP !

JNU should've learnt from IAC campaign by Anna Hazare, He didn't allow any person from any political party to share the Dais , He didn't wanted his fight to be ridiculed as opposition vs ruling party debate. JNU lost an opportunity to stand for a ultimate freedom of expression (which isn't available even in the west) an ideological battle of the highest order and left it to the likes of Rahul, Yechury , Kejrivals & reduced it to mere Ruling vs Opposition Debate !

I Missed Answering on the Hate campaign issue against JNU.
JNU is an esteemed institution , it runs from the sole support of Central Govt , which subsidizes most of the things in the campus. with annual fees like Rs 219 ( yes Freedom 251 appears costlier to that ) Govt spends nearly 3 L per student during a entire course.
In a situation of a fallout with ruling Govt on such issues like anti-national sloganeering JNU should've dealt it in more disciplined manner. They should've constituted an immediate inquiry and suspended the involved students ASAP, which they lacked. Though Kanhaiyya May not be involved in sloganeering but he took the permission & organized Afzal solidarity rally in the name of Cultural event (The JNU administration wasn't fully aware that the event was for supporting the cause of a terrorist).

Most Importantly, in a fight against ruling Govt , They Should NOT HAVE taken the support from the opposition parties ! That is a grave mistake ! They should NOT HAVE allowed Rahul, Kejri or Yechury into their campuses , let them support from outside if they want to . No question of political parties sharing the Dais with JNU students.
This mistake has reduced this to Left Vs Right or Ruling Vs Opposition Debate instead of the free speech or ultimate in freedom of expression that JNU believes that it stands for. The Moment it became a political battle each and every PR machinery of the respective political party PLUNGED INTO ACTION and JNU will have to face the collateral damage. In the End these political parties would just USE the JNU as a Platform and JNU students will have to suffer the wrath of Govt & Majority Public opinion, which is currently against them. JNU should've taken a strong apolitical stand instead !

JNU is such a powerful institution in itself , it should have taken stance against opposition parties entering the Campus. JNU Under-estimated its own power , let me be clear on this; JNU Didn't NEED THE SUPPORT FROM OPPOSITION PARTIES ! INSTEAD ITS THE OPPOSITION PARTIES THAT NEEDED SUPPORT OF AN ESTEEMED INSTITUTION LIKE JNU TO PROPAGATE THEIR ANTI RULING PARTY IDEOLOGIES & FILTHY POLITICS.
This JNU issue has rekindled the career of LEFT parties, which were almost getting obsolete in current political scenario after entry of AAP !

JNU should've learnt from IAC campaign by Anna Hazare, He didn't allow any person from any political party to share the Dais , He didn't wanted his fight to be ridiculed as opposition vs ruling party debate. JNU lost an opportunity to stand for a ultimate freedom of expression (which isn't available even in the west) an ideological battle of the highest order and left it to the likes of Rahul, Yechury , Kejrivals & reduced it to mere Ruling vs Opposition Debate !
Whatever the reasoning behind the govt getting involved, it doesn't legitimize the high-handedness shown by the govt. Charges of sedition without checking out the validity of the proofs just shows that the govt can use the police whenever they want to shut out the voices that try to speak up against them.
Even the Law of Sedition is colonial and outdated and till date no charges made under sedition have been convicted by the courts as the law itself is unconstitutional.

Back