Building a Demo PC w/ corsair products - Requesting inputs (For Delta Peripherals)

Saiyan

The L33t Admeen
Skilled
Hi Guys.

Got a mail from Delta Peripherals, Chennai.

They are building a Demo PC to showcase the corsair products in their showroom. So requesting your inputs for the same.

Requirements as given below.

-Following peripherals has to be from Corsair.

1. Memory (Corsair Vengence 4GB CMZ8Gx3M2A1600C9) *
  2. SSD (Corsair SSD 60GB) *
  3. Heat sinks (Corsair A70 CPU Cooler) *
  4. Cabinet (Corsair CC600T) *
  5. SMPS (Corsair 600GS) *

*The products mentioned here are all their pick. Changes are welcome.

-Rest of the equipments can belong to any brand.

1. Processor (Based on i5 sandybridge processors preferably)
  2. Motherboard
  3. Graphics Card
  4. Secondary Hard Drives.
  5. DVD Writer
  6. Keyboard
  7. Mouse & Mouse pad
  8. Gaming Controllers
  9. Display

Anything else missing ?, please feel free to add it.

The demo PC cost zone will have to be Mainstream PC which can handle everything (including gaming). Can have few high end products, but shouldn't be too costly.

Let me know if you all need any other information.

TIA :)

Re: Building a Demo PC w/ corsair products - Requesting inputs (For Delta Peripherals

Max. budget that they quoted? Mainstream PC with SSD, A70 cooler and Corsair CC600T Case (Though its to showcase Corsair products but still these are part of high end rigs 80K-1L)

Processor - i5 2500K (~11.5k)
Motherboard - MSI P67A-GD55 or Asus P8P67-Pro (9.6k/11.8k) Both has internal USB 3.0 header which can be connected to the Corsair CC600T front panel USB 3.0 :)
Graphics Card - MSI HD6950 2GB GDDR5 (~16k)
Secondary Hard Drives. - Seagate 1TB 7200.12 (2.8k)
DVD Writer - Sony or Samsung (~1k)
Keyboard - Razer Arctosa (2.2k)
Mouse & Mouse pad - Razer Death Adder + Steel Series Qck Mouse Mat (~2.2k+0.7k)
Gaming Controllers
Display - Dell U2311H or Samsung PX2370 (~14k-15k)

Also for the PSU i would suggest a nice modular, silver certified HX650 instead of the low end GS600!

Re: Building a Demo PC w/ corsair products - Requesting inputs (For Delta Peripherals

^Will check and let you know. :)

The vengeance RAM series is ideal for use with liquid cooled systems. With Air coolers, you can install only 2 sticks at most making future RAM upgrades difficult. Which its only a demo system, if the goal is show how a decent system can be built with Corsair products, then not being to upgrade RAM would be a negative point. So Either pair the A70 with regular height Corsair RAM (XMS3 is ideal for this) or pair the Vengeance with Corsair H70.

like nemesis said go with vengeance or dominator GT with the H70 or the xms3 with the A70. For the cabinet the graphite 600t is good but you can also look at the obsidian 650. the cpu of choice is the i5 2500k along with the msi h67m-ed55. the smps can be the hx 620 but i would prefer the tx 750 v2 to keep the costs down and have better internals. the GPU of choice should be the HD 6950 1GB. th lcd ideally should be a dell u2310 but can also be the dell st2310 to keep the costs down. the choice of ssd as the primary drive is fine but i would also put a large 2TB WD green for backups & storing movies, music etc. All the other components can be what darkangel said.

Replace GS with one of the AX series. There's an Asus LCD with 3D glasses. AFAIH, they had a high end 3D vision surround setup using 3x VG236H monitors in their 3rd ROG event and it had a pretty good turnout and 3D setup with NV Cards and Surround sound, turned out to be a crowd puller. Load it with Crysis 2 and that will give the general crowd 1 frakkin' experience!

Can't that PC be built around some exotic components? I believe Corsair would be sponsoring that anyway.

This is what I'd suggest if that is the case:

Memory: Dominator GT PC3 16000 2x4GB with Airflow Fan

SSD: Corsair Force 240GB

Heatsink: Corsair Hydro H70

Chassis: Corsair Obsidian 800D

PSU: Corsair AX1200

The rest of the specs could be anything based on the SNB platform.

This would be a definite crowd puller! :p

Saiyan said:
Guys! Around 80k is the budget.

Sent from my ZTE-BLADE using Tapatalk
Total PC or excluding the Corsair Components?

^Total budget which includes Corsair's stuff? Then I suppose the H70 and an AX850 can be included.

Get a i5 2500K based system with 8GB Vengeance sticks and an Asus/Gigabyte board (P8P67 or P67UD3R) + Corsair 600D (available?) chassis. Razer DA/Roccat Kave + some bling keyboard as the input devices. Corsair Force 60GB as the OS drive. Another Seagate 2TB drive as the secondary drive. That's about it I suppose?

A X360 wireless controller if possible will be a classy addition. :p

80k is a very less budget to include all the bells and whistles... 1lakh budget would have been good...

Should be ok I guess. But let the core components be within 80k or so.

Sent from my ZTE-BLADE using Tapatalk

Saiyan Delta doesn't want speakers?

Config With Corsair Components:

Processor Intel Core i5 2500k 11300

Motherboard MSI P67A-GD55 (B3 Revision) 9500

RAM Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz CL9 2x2GB 2500

GPU MSI HD6950 2GB 15500

HDD1 Corsair Force 60GB SSD 7400

HDD Seagate 7200.12 500GB 1700

Cabinet Corsair Obsidian 600T 10250

Monitor BenQ G2220HD 7400

PSU Corsair VX550 4600

Keyboard Razer Arctosa 2000

Mouse Razer Deathadder 2100

Mousepad Razer Goliathus Speed Edition Omega 500

CPU Cooler Corsair H70 WC 5100

DVD Writer Samsung 950

Total 80800

Config Without Corsair Components:

Processor Intel Core i5 2500k 11300

Motherboard Asus P8P67 Pro (B3 Revision) 11800

GPU MSI HD6950 2GB 15500

HDD Seagate 7200.12 1TB 2700

Monitor Dell U2311H 13900

Keyboard Razer Arctosa 2000

Mouse Razer Deathadder 2100

Mousepad Razer Goliathus Speed Edition Omega 500

DVD Writer Samsung 950

Total 65850

There's also SP2200. It's announced today by Corsair India for about 5.5k+ with 2 year's warranty available via Aditya infotech.

We didn't really suggest GS600 PSU :p

Sorry i wasn't able to & check it out yet. Went there two weeks back to get my intel SSD. Place was so damn crowded, so got the drive and pushed off from that place.

They could have squeezed a better power supply inside considering an additional 2~3k investment wouldn't hurt. Otherwise the specs look pretty decent to me. :)

They were telling me that they wanted to keep the budget within 1 L. But still they could tweaked a bit to accommodate a better PSU since corsair is known for the PSU range.

Back