PC Peripherals Buffalo routers, which one is better?

tvarad

Disciple
Jul 13, 2008
webserver said:
hiii folks....

am confused about buffalo routers... tell me which one is better... WHR G54S or WHR-HP-G54..

thnx in avncd....
:)

The WHR-HP-G54 is the higher power version; go for it if you need greater range. The WHR-125 is newer and I think it's got a speedier processor.

I have both. They're flashed with dd-wrt and have been rock solid (running 24/7 the past year with no crashes). The WHR-HP-G54 is pulling in a signal from 300 feet away and three masonry walls at an oblique angle with 30% signal strength (albeit with the aid of a Hawking signal booster and larger antennas).

salluks

Adept
Nov 10, 2006
i have WHR-G125, its good as long as u dont mess around with firmware, unless ur really careful

i tried flashing with tomator and it died, u cant go back buffalo firmware

buy any thing which is easier on the firmware!

tvarad

Disciple
Jul 13, 2008
salluks said:
i have WHR-G125, its good as long as u dont mess around with firmware, unless ur really careful

i tried flashing with tomator and it died, u cant go back buffalo firmware

buy any thing which is easier on the firmware!

Actually, I had the opposite experience when flashing the WHR-HP-125. In the middle of the dd-wrt flash, there was a power cut and I thought for sure I'd bricked it. But I managed to reset and load dd-wrt on it. The WHR-G125 flash went over smooth and easy.

lilboy

Adept
Sep 8, 2008
is linksys wrt54g2 or those series is better than buffalo or reverse of it?? which one should i buy. what is advantage of flashing???