budget pc for 3d (mainly cinema 4d) and after effects work

tiwari

Disciple
Q: What is your budget?

30-35K

Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)

none

Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)

palit 9600GT, MX518

Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.

CPU - 1055T (suggestions welcome)

Motherboard - Need Suggestion

RAM - need suggestions (atleast 8gb RAM required :D )

SMPS - need suggestions

Case - NZXT Gamma (Dont need suggestion)

Cooler - no idea

HDD - seagate 1tb ( need suggestion)

Monitor - need suggestion

Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component

no upgrades for sometime i guess

Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)

Mumbai local shop/online

Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market

Yes

Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware

3d creation, after effects work,video editing, rendering and watching HD movies,gaming is secondary

Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.

no preference

Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?

gaming is secondary

Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage

no idea since i use a 17" CRT now and looking for a 22" monitor :S

Q: Are you looking to overclock?

Yes

Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?

Windows 7 64 bit
all the suggestions on components r welcome guys, plzz help me out to build a cheap and decent PC for my work :bleh:

CPU Intel Core i5 2500 10250
Motherboard MSI H67MA-E35 5200
RAM Corsair DDR3 Value Ram 1333MHz CL9 1x4Gb 2100
HDD Seagate 7200.12 1TB 2700
Cabinet NZXT Gamma 2100
PSU Corsair VX450 3500
Monitor BenQ G2220HD 7400
CPU Cooler Stock HSF
Speakers Altec Lansing BXR1121 1100
ODD Samsung/ LG/ Sony 850
Total 35200

i5 2500 outperforms 1055t in every benchmark and in rendering it performs like 1090t...
Suggesting this over an amd rig coz current amd platform is on the verge of getting eol'ed so it would be better if you would go with a sandybridge rig as 1155 motherboards would be compatible with upcoming ivybridge processors.
There is only onething that you wont be able to do on this rig and thats overclocking...

Hades. said:
CPU Intel Core i5 2500 10250

Motherboard MSI H67MA-E35 5200

RAM Corsair DDR3 Value Ram 1333MHz CL9 1x4Gb 2100

Cabinet NZXT Gamma 2100

PSU Corsair VX450 3500

Monitor BenQ G2220HD 7400

CPU Cooler Stock HSF

Speakers Altec Lansing BXR1121 1100

Total 35200

i5 2500 outperforms 1055t in every benchmark and in rendering it performs like 1090t...

Suggesting this over an amd rig coz current amd platform is on the verge of getting eol'ed so it would be better if you would go with a sandybridge rig as 1155 motherboards would be compatible with upcoming ivybridge processors.

There is only onething that you wont be able to do on this rig and thats overclocking...
just to clear things

when overclocked with a good cooler the 1055t easily outperforms the 2500 in rendering benchmarks.

so imo its a waste of money to buy the 2500 which is outperformed by a 1090t on stock speeds.

to support what i just said please check the cinebench 11.5 benchmarks on this page

Core i5 2500K and Core i7 2600K review

getting a 2500k makes some sense if you are willing to overclock it and get around 10-15% more performance than a 1055t (ocd), but i doubt if it can fit in your budget.

CPU AMD PhenomII X6 1090T BE 9750
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-880GM-UD2H 4050
RAM Kingston DDR3 Value Ram 1333MHz CL9 2x4GB 3900
Cabinet NZXT Gamma 2200
PSU Corsair VX450 3400
Monitor BenQ G2220HD 7200
CPU Cooler Stock HSF
Speakers Altec Lansing BXR1121 950
Total 35000

IINM Stormblast is a Pro in this field and i will go ahead with his suggestions since he would be having practical experiences.
You can opt for this config or 1055T ~ 8.3k + CM Hyper 212+ ~ 1.9k. If you are not going for a big GPU upgrade anytime in the future even a Corsair CX400 ~ 2.5k would be sufficient for this rig. (It can handle the above rig + HD6850)

thanks hades :)

had a chat wid stormy and he recommended x6 if on budget..

@Darky..this rig looks fine for my requirement ( don want the speakers for now,maybe later) and plzz lemme knw the sources frm where u r getting the price

tiwari said:
thanks hades :)

had a chat wid stormy and he recommended x6 if on budget..
@Darky..this rig looks fine for my requirement ( don want the speakers for now,maybe later) and plzz lemme knw the sources frm where u r getting the price
TheITWares, Mumabai and SMC International, Delhi.

stormblast said:
just to clear things

when overclocked with a good cooler the 1055t easily outperforms the 2500 in rendering benchmarks.

so imo its a waste of money to buy the 2500 which is outperformed by a 1090t on stock speeds.

to support what i just said please check the cinebench 11.5 benchmarks on this page

getting a 2500k makes some sense if you are willing to overclock it and get around 10-15% more performance than a 1055t (ocd), but i doubt if it can fit in your budget.
To overclock 1055T to 4GHz requires a good cooler along with a good motherboard... He wont be able to overclock 1055T to 4.0GHz on a cheap motherboard like 880GM-UD2H... Plus 1055T would consume a lot of power when overclocked to 4.0GHz...

1055T @ 4.0GHz scores 6.86 points in Cinebench R11.5 (AMD Phenom II X6 1055T Overclocking. Page 8 - X-bit labs)

2500 @stock clock scores 5.4points (Core i7-990X Extreme Edition vs. Core i7-2600K. Page 6 - X-bit labs)

1055T @ 4.0 scores 12.91 points in 3dmax benchmark (AMD Phenom II X6 1055T Overclocking. Page 8 - X-bit labs)

2500 @stock clock scores 13.85 points (Core i7-990X Extreme Edition vs. Core i7-2600K. Page 6 - X-bit labs)

And in image editing (Photoshop) 2500 easily outperforms 1100T by huge margin and would easily outperform even 1055T@ 4.0GHz (Core i7-990X Extreme Edition vs. Core i7-2600K. Page 5 - X-bit labs)

And in Archieving AMD current (x6) processors doesn't even come close to i5 2500 (http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/cpu/display/core-i7-2600k-990x_10.html#sect0)

And Intel Sandybridge platform at least has future where as AMD platform is gonna die (i am not saying that am3 processors would completely disappear from indian markets) next month when bulldozer processor would launch

i5 2500@stock only consumes 103watts whereas 1055T consumes 158watts

And i5 2500k @4.7GHz consumes just 163watts whereas 1100T/1055T @4.0GHz consumes 305/313 watts (Core i7-990X Extreme Edition vs. Core i7-2600K. Page 12 - X-bit labs)

IMO OP should buy i5 2500 coz i5 2500 outperforms 1090T @4.0GHz in almost every department except in Cinebench R11.5 in which 1090T scores 6.86 whereas 2500 scores 5.4points just 1.4points less...

Hades. said:
IMO OP should buy i5 2500 coz i5 2500 outperforms 1090T @4.0GHz in almost every department except in Cinebench R11.5 in which 1090T scores 6.86 whereas 2500 scores 5.4points just 1.4points less...
after typing so much and trying explain your first post you come to the same conclusion that i have posted. which is that 1090t outperforms a 2500.

please read the requirement. it is clearly written cinema 4d which = cinebench. PERIOD.

dont think we need to get into an arguement so ill just leave it here

stormblast said:
after typing so much and trying explain your first post you come to the same conclusion that i have posted. which is that 1090t outperforms a 2500.

please read the requirement. it is clearly written cinema 4d which = cinebench. PERIOD.
One should not decide what to buy only after seeing a single benchmark... @stock clock 1055T doesn't even outperform i5 2500 and if he would go with 1090T then would have to increase his budget to buy a good cooler

And what you are saying OP to do is you are telling him to overclock 1055T to 4.0GHz which he wont be able to do on a cheap motherboard (max he would be able to reach 3.8GHz if he is lucky coz no two pieces of hardware performs the same)

and to reach 4.0GHz he would have to do voltage tweaking which would lead to higher power consumption...

Hades. said:
One should not decide what to buy only after seeing a single benchmark... @stock clock 1055T doesn't even outperform i5 2500 and if he would go with 1090T then would have to increase his budget to buy a good cooler

And what you are saying OP to do is you are telling him to overclock 1055T to 4.0GHz which he wont be able to do on a cheap motherboard (max he would be able to reach 3.8GHz if he is lucky coz no two pieces of hardware performs the same)

and to reach 4.0GHz he would have to do voltage tweaking which would lead to higher power consumption...
did i ever say 4ghz?

who says you need a extra cooler for 1090t to run on stock speeds. at stock speeds 1090t can run with the stock cooler provided and still outperform the 2500 you have recommended.

anyways going by your method of suggesting a cpu, you have suggested him a cpu that does everything better, other than his main requirement which is cinebench.

its like i create a thread where i need a gaming card & you suggest me a quadro which will own any gaming card in 3d & open gl performance other than gaming itself.

Its really funny! a person who is himself building a Sandybridge based rig suggesting something inferior to the other guy...

stormblast said:
just to clear things

your words

AMD Phenom II X6 1100T @stock clock Cinebench R11.5 Score = 5.74

Intel Core i5 2500 @stock clock Cinebench R11.5 Score = 5.40

AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Scores just 0.34 points more... Do you think that 0.34points is more than enough to overlook a proccy which performs better than 1100T in almost every task? IMO not really

@OP

If you wanna waste your money and if you wanna buy something old which is on the verge of getting EOL'ed, consumes more power, performs bad in archieving, bad in gaming and lacks features like USB3 and Sata3 then go ahead and build Phenom II X6 based rig...

Hades. said:
Its really funny! a person who is himself building a Sandybridge based rig suggesting something inferior to the other guy...
your words

AMD Phenom II X6 1100T @stock clock Cinebench R11.5 Score = 5.74
Intel Core i5 2500 @stock clock Cinebench R11.5 Score = 5.40

AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Scores just 0.34 points more... Do you think that 0.34points is more than enough to overlook a proccy which performs better than 1100T in almost every task? IMO not really

@OP
If you wanna waste your money and if you wanna buy something old which is on the verge of getting EOL'ed, consumes more power, performs bad in archieving, bad in gaming and lacks features like USB3 and Sata3 then go ahead and build Phenom II X6 based rig...
Stormy said he would recommend a 2500K+P67 but OP's budget will not allow for it. Stormy has a higher budget and thus going for the i7 2600K. Go through his post fully!
When the Thuban beats the i5 2500 @ stock for the most important app that OP is going to use then the logical choice is Thuban. When OCed the margin of victory increases for Thuban!
The thuban does gets the job done for other tasks!

stormblast said:
just to clear things

^ well thinking about going for sandy solution and following strormblast thread closely, might buy the same stuff what stormblast is going for.

Budget was an issue for me but now thinking better go with the latest technology and faster CPU.

Thanks Hades and please dont fight :p

and let know a 2500k solution also :)

DarkAngel said:
Stormy said he would recommend a 2500K+P67 but OP's budget will not allow for it.

When the Thuban beats the i5 2500 @ stock for the most important app that OP is going to use then the logical choice is Thuban. When OCed the margin of victory increases for Thuban!
Do you think OP is just building this Rig for rendering?

Dont you think that he would download some movies which would come in rar archieves which he would extract?

Dont you think that OP would do image editing stuff?

OP is not gonna upgrade his rig for next 4 years so dont you think a mobo with USB3 and Sata6 would come in handy for future needs?

by just mere 0.34 points (hardly 5%)... Do you think that he would be able to overclock 1055T to 3.8 to 4.0GHz on 880GM-UD2H?

Hades. said:
Do you think OP is just building this Rig for rendering?

Dont you think that he would download some movies which would come in rar archieves which he would extract?
Dont you think that OP would do image editing stuff?
OP is not gonna upgrade his rig for next 4 years so dont you think a mobo with USB3 and Sata6 would come in handy for future needs?
by just mere 0.34 points (hardly 5%)... Do you think that he would be able to overclock 1055T to 3.8 to 4.0GHz on 880GM-UD2H?
So you think extracting Movie RAR files taking 5-10% slower(hardly 2 secs) is more important than getting his professional work done 5% faster? Wow. No comments then.
Agree on image editing but i think from OP's post i guess cinema 4d is most important to him.
USB 3.0 and SATA 6Gbps can be got by going for a AM3 mobo costing 5k-5.5k and will come within his budget as he doesnt need speakers.

So you think extracting Movie/other RAR files taking 5% slower is more important than getting his professional work done in 5% faster? No comments then.

Some reviewers dont even consider 2-5% advantage... And in archiving 1100T takes 190secs whereas 2500 takes 124 secs... Do you think the difference is just of 5%?

When did processor speed start to matter in downloading movies!

Where did i say that one requires a great processor for downloading movies? If you would read my above post then you would come to know that i was talking about archiving performance

Agree on image editing but he is not a pro in that i guess and 5%-10% slower wouldnt matter much to him i guess.

i5 2500 completes the benchmark in 77.3 secs and Phenom II X6 1100T in 131 secs.. Do you think the difference here is just of 5 to 10%?

USB 3.0 and SATA 6Gbps can be got by going for a AM3 mobo costing 5k-5.5k and will come within his budget as he doesnt need speakers.

Most midrange USB3 + Sata3 boards are not even available in the market except Asus boards which has bad ass in india

Hades. said:
Some reviewers dont even consider 2-5% advantage... And in archiving 1100T takes 190secs whereas 2500 takes 124 secs... Do you think the difference is just of 5%?

Where did i say that one requires a great processor for downloading movies? If you would read my above post then you would come to know that i was talking about archiving performance

i5 2500 completes the benchmark in 77.3 secs and Phenom II X6 1100T in 131 secs.. Do you think the difference here is just of 5 to 10%?

Most midrange USB3 + Sata3 boards are not even available in the market except Asus boards which has bad ass in india
Yeah i saw it was archiving you meant and was editing my post. (Guess you quoted my post while i was editing).

But then since you have quoted archiving performance i guess you have considering movie rar archiving to be one of the most important features for deciding on the processor! Still i have no comments for that!

I think he is not going to use a simulated image editing suite!

I wouldn't want to generalize A.S.S. AFAIK only the Kolkata Rashi center seems to have a extremely bad reputation and i have seen members getting 8k+ refund for Asus P45 mobos since they are no longer in production from Delhi service center. Asus A.S.S. have improved a lot now. But then that too IMO.

If OP still had a 35k budget then i would still ask him to stick to processor that is best in the task that is most important to him (1090T BE in this case)

But since OP has decided to increase his budget to go with 2500K+P67 which can easily hit 4.2GHz-4.3GHz there is no competition here as SB wins at that clock speeds and is a better choice.

But then since you have quoted archiving performance i guess you have considering movie rar archiving to be one of the most important features for deciding on the processor! Still i have no comments for that!

Most important? See i said extracting movie in general... people who are on private trackers download a lot of stuff which comes in rar archives only... and SB processors doesn't only have upper hand in archiving but in other applications too... And as far as Asus ass is concerned then yes it may have improved recently but still not comparable to what Gigabyte offers...

If OP still had a 35k budget then i would still ask him to stick to processor that is best in the task that is most important to him (1090T BE in this case)

I still dont know why you are still suggesting 1090TBE when you also know that it just performs a little better in cinebench and in other applications it just get pwned... And you still suggesting something old when he can easily get a new 32nm processor which not only performs well but also consumes less power... And going with SB based rig is also logical as future ivybridge processors are going to be backward compatible with LGA1155 socket...

But since OP has decided to increase his budget to go with 2500K+P67 which can easily hit 4.2GHz-4.3GHz there is no competition here as SB wins at that clock speeds and is a better choice.

Now we should end our arguement...

Back