Budget 0-20k Budget PC for 15K - No monitor included

pavankumar14

Disciple
Q: What is your budget?

Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)

Acer 19" monitor, 1440x900 - VGA output
Keyboard and mouse
MicroTek 650VA UPS
LG - DVD RW drive - IDE bus interface

Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)

All of them

Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.

CPU - Any
Motherboard - any good and reliable motherboard
GPU - May not be required if the internal GFX is good.(ATI preferred)
RAM - Any
SMPS - Any
HDD - Seagate / WD
Cabinet

Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component

No Upgrades

Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)

Mysore/Bengaluru and Open to online purchase

Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market

No

Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware

Gaming
Browsing - main use
Desktop Processing
Download rig, 24x7 operation
Watching HD movies

Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.

Nil

Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?

Counterstrike - Global offensive / source / CZ 1. and 1.6

Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage

Desktop - 1440x900

Q: Are you looking to overclock?

No

Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?

Windows 7 64 bit or windows 8 64 bit

Note : Reliability is very important to me, so please suggest me a reliable Hardware. I can add in another 2k if necessary.

I already have a ATI4830+ Intel Quad core 9300 rig which is moving to a different place. This budget PC is for home use only.

Thanks a lot in advance!! :)

Firstly, would suggest to move to a separate download device if possible. That will reduce your bill and you can easily justify the cost of the device within 1~2 years.

It will be difficult to fit in a core i3 in your budget, but would recommend a i3 3X series (~7K) + H61 board (3.5K) + 500GB HDD (3.5K) + 4GB value select (1K) + corsair cx430v2 + circle cabby.

Q: What is your budget?

Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)

Acer 19" monitor, 1440x900 - VGA output
Keyboard and mouse
MicroTek 650VA UPS
LG - DVD RW drive - IDE bus interface

Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)

All of them

Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.

CPU - Any
Motherboard - any good and reliable motherboard
GPU - May not be required if the internal GFX is good.(ATI preferred)
RAM - Any
SMPS - Any
HDD - Seagate / WD
Cabinet

Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component

No Upgrades

Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)

Mysore/Bengaluru and Open to online purchase

Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market

No

Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware

Gaming
Browsing - main use
Desktop Processing
Download rig, 24x7 operation
Watching HD movies

Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.

Nil

Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?

Counterstrike - Global offensive / source / CZ 1. and 1.6

Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage

Desktop - 1440x900

Q: Are you looking to overclock?

No

Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?

Windows 7 64 bit or windows 8 64 bit

Note : Reliability is very important to me, so please suggest me a reliable Hardware. I can add in another 2k if necessary.

I already have a ATI4830+ Intel Quad core 9300 rig which is moving to a different place. This budget PC is for home use only.

Thanks a lot in advance!! :)

Core i3 3220 - 7144
Corsair Value RAM 4GB - 1273
Seagate Barracuda 500 GB HDD - 3544
Gigabyte GA B75M D3H - 4189
Corsair cxv2 430 - 2703
Generic Cabinet - ~1000

All prices are from Flipkart

If you buy components locally, it will be cheaper. Hence u can save money. U can add a GFX card later too.

Otherwise, if you are strict on budget, u can use this -
Intel/Gigabyte Intel Pentium Processor G630 and Gigabyte GA-H61M-D2H Motherboar Combo Motherboard - 6864
This will bring down the total price tremendously. All other components are as mentioned above.

Hope this helps! :)

Intel/Gigabyte Intel Pentium Processor G630 and Gigabyte GA-H61M-D2H Motherboard Combo Motherboard - 6864
Corsair Value RAM 4GB - 1273 - this is a 1333Mhz RAM, Pls advice.
Corsair cxv2 430 - 2703
Generic Cabinet - ~1000

I have selected the above components, Dont want to invest more for this cause it will mostly be for browsing. Can this rig run CS 1.6/CZ/GO ? or do I need to add in a basic GFX card ?

Intel/Gigabyte Intel Pentium Processor G630 and Gigabyte GA-H61M-D2H Motherboard Combo Motherboard - 6864
Corsair Value RAM 4GB - 1273 - this is a 1333Mhz RAM, Pls advice.
Corsair cxv2 430 - 2703
Generic Cabinet - ~1000

I have selected the above components, Dont want to invest more for this cause it will mostly be for browsing. Can this rig run CS 1.6/CZ/GO ? or do I need to add in a basic GFX card ?

I have almost the same rig with the exception of The CPU (mine is Intel G620).

I have managed to run games like FIFA 13, Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, Just cause 2(in low settings) on this system without any dedicated GFX card.

CPU-AMD athlon ii x4 640/645 ---------3.6k
Gigabyte 78LMT-S2P------------------2.5k
4gb DDR3 1333mhz rams(Gskill/corsair)-1.2k
Corsair cx v2 430---------------------2.7k
Any 500gb Hdd ----------------------3.3k
Any local cabinet(w/o SMPS)----------1k
Total---------------------------------14.1k
Local price is more cheaper
If you can get any used 6670/6570 at 3k or so it will be bang for buck for your budget gaming pc
A dedicated gpu like ATI 5770/6670 can handle the any games under hd resolution at good/low-medium setting

CPU-AMD athlon ii x4 640/645
Gigabyte 78LMT-S2P

Performance and efficiency wise not a great buy.

And such an old chipset. No point investing in this EoL system the Intel Pentium G based system will out wipe the floor with the above.

Firstly, would suggest to move to a separate download device if possible. That will reduce your bill and you can easily justify the cost of the device within 1~2 years.

I am looking for something similar, google a bit but couldn`t find a dedicated torrent downloader. I am trying to save the power consumption which I use now for downloading 24x7, also the laptop has been repaired severlar times (Nvdia graphic heating issue)

Can you guys suggest me suitable devices (say 2-3 models to comapre) for
- 24x7 torrent dowloading
- having inbuilt memory will be good
- wifi will be better

I was about to make a new thread but found some discussion here, please suggest.

Thanks
Pavan

I am looking for something similar, google a bit but couldn`t find a dedicated torrent downloader. I am trying to save the power consumption which I use now for downloading 24x7, also the laptop has been repaired severlar times (Nvdia graphic heating issue)

- wifi will be better

Get a tablet OR this --> Raspberry Pi | An ARM GNU/Linux box for $25. Take a byte! if your purpose is of a 24 x7 downloader with few PC tasks thrown in the middle.

Start a new thread if you wish with appropriate thread details (template) and we can give you a more tailored response. Cheers!

Get a tablet OR this --> Raspberry Pi | An ARM GNU/Linux box for $25. Take a byte! if your purpose is of a 24 x7 downloader with few PC tasks thrown in the middle.

Start a new thread if you wish with appropriate thread details (template) and we can give you a more tailored response. Cheers!

Thanks for instant reply,

I have come across this Raspberry, is it available in Indian market ?

What other similar product are in range (10K)

I will start a new thread but in which section that would be ?

Thanks,
Pavan

- wifi will be better

I was about to make a new thread but found some discussion here, please suggest.

Thanks
Pavan

Rather than the Rasberry Pi, would suggest the Seagate Go Flex for a very simple reason, 3.5/2.5" HDD SATA slot with power. No need to get a USB drive, any old SATA HDD you have will work.

If you want a AIO solution, the pi is your choice. I shall be getting one soon.

Thank you for all the advices

Well Folks, I bought ...

Intel G645 Processor
MSI H61 ME23-B3
4GB transcend RAM
500GB Seagate HDD
Circle cabby+PSU 400W max- 1750 ( I know its ridculous)
LG DVD Writer

All sums up to 13900/- nett. I learnt a valuable lesson today, Always shop online.. at least I'll have peace of mind. I got the MSI H61 ME23-B3 because, a shop owner in Mysore couldn't get his hands on Gigabyte GA-61M-D2H. He called up Bangalore and they told him that GA-61M-DS2 was available(without HDMI port) and D2H mobo was not available at all, so swapped it with MSI. He offered Asus, i said no ways for ASus. After getting MSI mobo, it wouldn't work :annoyed:gave it back to him for replacement on Wednesday and he has sent it today, only after i went to check with him:lemmings:. Utter disappointment:bomb:. Ditto with RAM module, he couldnt find corsair and told me that it will cost me more... I was like.. "errrr.. ill go with Transcend". And the prices ? Shopping for components in big cities makes a difference, but in small cities, its pathetic. Its the same from past 3 yrs, nothing has changed, nothing will change!!! and good thing is that online shopping is here to help us out and make our lives a little better!! Flipkart FTW!

The other thing is that ppl can consider is AMD APUs, I have seen good reviews for second generation AMD APUs which have 95W TDP. Perhaps you can consider that if you are planning for HTPC, it'll be bang for the buck!:cheers:

Cheers!! and screw the Shop purchase!

PS: Can any one advise me on a good LCD/LED screen in 7K budget which has a HDMI port ? I have selected Samsung 20 inch LED - S20B300B Monitor If HDMI interface is unavailable. I will be using it with ATI 4830 GPU.
Samsung 20 inch LED - S20B300B Monitor: Flipkart.com

Add 1k more and get Dell ST2220L-8.4k[With HDMI],Cheers.Congrats on the purchase,You could've ordered Mobo and Ram from FK or somewhere.

Thank you very much for the suggestion... But I was not able to find it for 8.5K, can you please refer a website, I know its too much to ask for, but I was not able to find it!
All websites quote above 9K!

The prices online have gone up unfortunately but you might find it for less 9k locally.If not then you'll have to invest 500rs more for online purchase.
Thank you very much for the suggestion... But I was not able to find it for 8.5K, can you please refer a website, I know its too much to ask for, but I was not able to find it!
All websites quote above 9K!

I have bad experience with Dell ST2220L. In first 3-4 months it developed bunch of dead pixels at lower corner, dell replaced it & again within 12 month it too developed 1 dead pixel.

Better go with Samsung.

Add 1k more and get Dell ST2220L-8.4k[With HDMI],Cheers.Congrats on the purchase,You could've ordered Mobo and Ram from FK or somewhere.

Well i've heard the dead pixel issue but didn't know it is occurring frequently,If that's the case then OP has other options like Benq GW2250-7.9k OR Samsung S22B370H-9.2k
I have bad experience with Dell ST2220L. In first 3-4 months it developed bunch of dead pixels at lower corner, dell replaced it & again within 12 month it too developed 1 dead pixel.

Better go with Samsung.

Back