Graphic Cards Budget graphic card for upto Rs 4000 for Core i3 processor & Gigabyte Motherboard

TheBroker

Skilled
Hi,
I'm looking for a graphic card for my home PC ( Detailed specs below ). Its a first generation Intel Core i3 and has a Gigabyte Motherboard. Primary goal of graphic card - some gaming like Call of Duty & Need for speed and watching movies.

Also, I have a 500 W PSU attached on my PC. Is there any change I need to make to the PSU before adding a new graphic card?

Also willing to extend the budget by a few hundreds if price / value justifies it. I have no intention of OCing it at any point. I'm open to both AMD & Nvidia but preference is towards Nvidia.

Thanking you in advance :)

Detailed Specs ( taken from Speccy )

Summary
Operating System - MS Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1
CPU - Intel Core i3 540 @ 3.07GHz 40 °C
Clarkdale 32nm Technology

RAM -2.00 GB Single-Channel DDR3 @ 666MHz (9-9-9-24)

Motherboard -Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. H55M-S2 (Socket 1156) 26 °C

Graphics -
1943W (1366x768@60Hz)
Intel(R) HD Graphics

Hard Drives - 977GB Seagate ST31000524AS ATA Device (SATA) 30 °C
Optical Drives - HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH22NS50 ATA Device
Audio - Realtek High Definition Audio

TheBroker You'd go for Sapphire HD6670 1GB DDR3-4.6k,It's the best within your budget,It'll do a good job for your resolution.Can you name which psu you have?,Also add extra 2-4GB ram which will give better performance.

- - - Updated - - -

No point in going for older XFX HD4670 which will eat lot of power.Better to go with less power consuming good performance HD6670 GPU which is available within OP's budget,Cheers.
TheBroker please check FS thread of sandeepsachin.
And for suggestions u can wait for jacob or alpha17 and other techgurus. :)

TheBroker please check FS thread of sandeepsachin.
And for suggestions u can wait for jacob or alpha17 and other techgurus. :)

Hi, thanks for the suggestion but I'm looking a buy a new card. Its my first time buy of a GPU :)

TheBroker You'd go for Sapphire HD6670 1GB DDR3-4.6k,It's the best within your budget,It'll do a good job for your resolution.Can you name which psu you have?,Also add extra 2-4GB ram which will give better performance.

- - - Updated - - -

No point in going for older XFX HD4670 which will eat lot of power.Better to go with less power consuming good performance HD6670 GPU which is available within OP's budget,Cheers.

Hi Jakob, thanks for the suggestion. I found the card for Rs. 5000 on flipkart and that is slightly stretching the budget a bit. Will try to find a budget deal elsewhere. Yes, I planned to buy a new RAM too maybe after a month, thanks for the suggestion.

I'm not sure which PSU my PC has. Not a branded one for sure, shall open it tomorrow to find out. Anything specific I need to know or look out for?

PS - What does OP stand for?

Here's a link to the GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 6670 1GB GDDR5,Check which brand of psu and series it's from.Mostly 500W would do the work for HD6670.OP stands for 'Original Poster',Cheers.
Hi, thanks for the suggestion but I'm looking a buy a new card. Its my first time buy of a GPU :)

Hi Jakob, thanks for the suggestion. I found the card for Rs. 5000 on flipkart and that is slightly stretching the budget a bit. Will try to find a budget deal elsewhere. Yes, I planned to buy a new RAM too maybe after a month, thanks for the suggestion.

I'm not sure which PSU my PC has. Not a branded one for sure, shall open it tomorrow to find out. Anything specific I need to know or look out for?

Hi,
I've just had a change of budget - looking at a graphic card for upto 7000 ( maximum price, not a penny more than that) . Looking to keep it future proof. What would be a graphic card suggested in this budget?

A bit of web search shows the Sapphire HD 7750 for this price. Will this card be compatible with the motherboard and how's the performance? Any other suggestions for under Rs. 7000?

Hi,

A bit of web search shows the Sapphire HD 7750 for this price. Will this card be compatible with the motherboard and how's the performance? Any other suggestions for under Rs. 7000?

Perfect choice within a budget of 7K. The Sapphire HD 7750 is a good GPU. You can go with this given link below for the review of HD 7750. It will explain you much better.:bigok: :D
AnandTech - AMD Radeon HD 7750 & Radeon HD 7770 GHz Edition Review: Evading The Price/Performance Curve

+1 for the 7750. make sure you get the GDDR5 version, not the DDR3 version, size of ram does not matter too much. Type of ram is of utmost importance (GDDR5 or DDR5 beats DDR3 in every way)

If you have an unbranded/local psu, better change it too, as using such a high end GPU on a local psu will only end up frying your system.
Corsair CX430v2 is a very good psu for its price (2.5k, last time i checked, might be lower.)

You have 2 gb of ram already, add another 2 gb and you are all set to enjoy gaming. Having lots of ram does not affect gaming performance in any discernible way, and gives highly diminishing returns.

8 GB and above ram is only for bragging rights and serious audio-visual WORK. Give me 2 gb of fast, low latency ram anyday over 8 gb of slower, low performance ram.

and its nice to see you did your homework!!! good job!!! you just joined the 10% of indian tech shoppers who wont get scammed by shopkeepers.

Hi, A bit of web search shows the Sapphire HD 7750 for this price. Will this card be compatible with the motherboard and how's the performance? Any other suggestions for under Rs. 7000?

Go for the AMD HD6770, performs better than the HD7750 (in games but COMPUTE goes to the latter). But also, sips a little more on the power side. And to crown it, is a cheaper on street compared to the HD7750.

AnandTech - Bench - GPU12

What SMPS do you have currently?

I bought a 7750 today for Rs. 7000 from Lamington Road.

While I fitted the GPU on the motherboard and started the PC, the hard disk fails to boot with the message - Disk Boot failure, please insert system disk. What is the solution for this? Please help.

I have a feeling it is not detecting the hard disk and there seems to be no activity on the HD. Is my hard disk gone or is the PSU causing problems to the hard disk?
It is a year old seagate.

Can you give details about your psu?,It could be your psu OR your HDD.
I have a feeling it is not detecting the hard disk and there seems to be no activity on the HD. Is my hard disk gone or is the PSU causing problems to the hard disk?
It is a year old seagate.

Check the boot order in your BIOS. Make sure hard drive is listed as one of the boot devices in BIOS

Make sure hard drive is recognized when you start up or in BIOS. If not check cables

I had put my pen drive with Windows 7 Ultimate and that was shown, but tt doesn't show the name of the hard drive in BIOS. What should I do in such a situation? :'(

I have also reset the BIOS to default values and also tried keeping the CD rom as first boot device & later tried USB as first boot device, but to no avail. I guess the HDD isn't being detected in BIOS.

PS - What's the possibility that the whole hard disk has gone kaput due to a voltage issue? That's my biggest concern over everything else

here's the image of my PSU.

My hard disk is 977GB Seagate ST31000524AS ATA Device (SATA)

http://postimage.org/image/btd7bmpu3/

Your 12V rail has only ~252W, so the 500W rating is way exaggerated.

Remove your 7750 and see if the system is booting. If it is, its a power issue. Otherwise check if any of the cables came loose after you installed your new GPU.

I've removed the card and tried booting too, doesn't work! Doesn't detect the HDD in the BIOS, which is the biggest problem.

Nope, no loose cables. Didn't fidget with anything as the GPU didn't need any cabling.

Looking at the web and all the help from the forum members, I guess there are two possiblities

1 - There is some problem with the PSU, which is not able to power up my Hard Disk.
2 - my hard disk is dead.

- - - Updated - - -

PS - What PSU would you recommend for my PC?

Try that HDD on a different system,That'll give you clear idea of what's wrong.If you're ready to get a new psu then go for Corsair CX430V2-2.4k,It's a good solid psu which will run your system well.
I've removed the card and tried booting too, doesn't work! Doesn't detect the HDD in the BIOS, which is the biggest problem.

Nope, no loose cables. Didn't fidget with anything as the GPU didn't need any cabling.

Looking at the web and all the help from the forum members, I guess there are two possiblities

1 - There is some problem with the PSU, which is not able to power up my Hard Disk.
2 - my hard disk is dead.

- - - Updated - - -

PS - What PSU would you recommend for my PC?

Back