Budget Build Advice ~13K

cyclops13

Disciple
Guys, need your advise.

By going through all the great recommendation threads, I have shortlisted my config as follows:

1. AMD AthlonII X3 440 = 3400
2. Asus M4A78LT-M LE = 2600
3. 4GB Adata DDR3 1333MHz = 1700
4. Generic uATX Cabby with PSU = 1000
5. Seagate 500GB 7200.12 = 1900
6. BenQ G922HDAL = 4600
7. Logitech KB+Mouse = Re-use

I know Item# 4 is not recommended at all, but short of cash right now.
Budget permitting I'll go for NZXT Gamma/Bijli and FSP Saga 350w PSU.

Now my queries:

1. How good is the onboard GPU performance of this board? Max RAM sharing?
2. Will this config handle HD videos and AVCHDLite decoding efficiently?
3. Is any other board in similar price-point having a better IGP? I wont be going for a card in near future.
4. As I wont be adding a Graphic Card, will a generic PSU do well? What is the minimum wattage I should go for? 350w is good?
5. Please suggest a few good options for the Cabby with inbuilt PSU.
6. How good/bad is the ADATA RAM? Should I spend more and go for any other brand?

I will be mostly ordering online, through our dealers/eBay. Point me if any good deals are on.

I want to keep the cost as low as possible. Let the suggestions flow In!!!

Re: Budget Build Advise ~13K

1. How good is the onboard GPU performance of this board? Max RAM sharing?

2. Will this config handle HD videos and AVCHDLite decoding efficiently?

1. Not too good

2. Yes

3. Is any other board in similar price-point having a better IGP? I wont be going for a card in near future.

Llano

4. As I wont be adding a Graphic Card, will a generic PSU do well? What is the minimum wattage I should go for? 350w is good?

Not a reason to buy a generic PSU, branded one.

comp@ddict said:
1. Not too good
2. Yes

Llano

Not a reason to buy a generic PSU, branded one.
If the mobo handle the HD videos and AVCHDLite encoding, its okay for me. Not into gaming, then is it good enough for me? What is the RAM Share? What other mobo can be considered at similar price?

Llano is out of budget, aint it? IIRC, the mobo+cpu combos is > 8K?

Right now I am short of cash and cant go for branded PSU. Which is the better one amongst the generic ones? And what would be the systems requirement? Is 250w enough?

Also, please comment on the other choice of components guys. Is there anything better available for similar price?

To handle HD videos you would at least require hd4200 IGP means a 785g/880g mobo.Rest of the config is ok.I would recommend MSI 880GM-E35 ~3500

MSI 880GM-E35

Also buy FSP Saga 350w PSU ~1500 or postpone your build.

I would suggest the newer sandy bridge pentium Dual core + H61. The LGA1155 has a bit of future and its the best IGP you can get in the <7k CPU+Mobo combo

Intel Pentium G620 - Rs.3450

Asus P8H61-M PLUS B3 - Rs.3300

RAM prices have dipped further. Kingston 4GB 1333MHz DDR3 costs ~ 1.5k now.

Even though the pentium graphics core doesn’t support Quick Sync technology, still the HD graphics is plenty for HD video playback :)

I would also suggest you increase budget a wee bit and go for a good PSU like the FSP SAGAII 350w ~ 1.5k.

niteshkhatri said:
If the mobo handle the HD videos and AVCHDLite encoding, its okay for me. Not into gaming, then is it good enough for me? What is the RAM Share? What other mobo can be considered at similar price?

Llano is out of budget, aint it? IIRC, the mobo+cpu combos is > 8K?

Right now I am short of cash and cant go for branded PSU. Which is the better one amongst the generic ones? And what would be the systems requirement? Is 250w enough?

Also, please comment on the other choice of components guys. Is there anything better available for similar price?
RAM Sharing is variable you can go in the BIOS and set it manually. I think 1GB is the maximum limit.

Do not risk your hard earned money to go up in smoke, the biggest problem is if we recommend a cheap SMPS, a)it is not certified, b)it is an invitation for the system to get screwed up, 3)forget warranty cover on any other component that goes down due to electrical over-load / short-circuit / burns caused by this one cheap component.

In my view it is best if you can wait for another month and pick a Llano set-up, it'll be much more suited to your needs and overall TDP will also be lower. In the end it is your cash, your judgement so I'll leave the decision to you bruv.

1. AMD Sempron 145 = 1650

2. Asus M2N68 V2 = 2250 has Anti Surge Protection / Core Unlocker and what not!!!

3. 2GB Corsair DDR3 1333MHz = 950 has 10 years warranty

4. Generic uATX Cabby with PSU = 800

5. Seagate 500GB 7200.12 = 2000

6. BenQ G922HDAL = 4600

7. Logitech KB+Mouse = 575

Total ------------------- 12825/-

Board has core unlocker so youll probably end up with a dual/quad core

HD 6450 really ups the game for entry level cards............ B-) you

Back