Budget 13K(MAX) suggest the best Android phone in that budget (buying tomorrow)

naveen chauhan

Disciple
1. Q: Budget?
A: 13K(MAX) (using Indiatimes 10% off coupon)

2. Q: Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?

A: any

3. Q: Preferred display type?
A: 16mil Color

4. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.

A: Nokia , Samsung , Sony Ericsson , HTC , Motorola

5. Q: Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?
A: Qwerty -> Touchscreen

6. Q: Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.

A: Required a Auto-Focus camera.

7. Q: Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Android preferably future proof for Updates.

8. Q: Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).
A: 3G , WiFi , Edge

9. Q: What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?
A: Camera(document pics), mails and internet.

10. Q: Any other requirements?
A:
Should be able to run ICS smoothly.
Should have a decent developer support/fan following.
Prefer a capable GPU for watching 720p movies.
Prefer a dual sim but not many options available. I can do without it.

11. Q: If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.
A:
Motorolla Defy + ( Is a bit old now but dust+water proof certification along with a really large fan following makes it a worth while investment)
HTC Wildfire S
Spice Stellar Mi-425 (lacks developer support for now & looks a bit overpriced @ Saholic)
Sony Ericsson eXperia Pro SK17i (nice H/W keypad & available really cheap from ebay but with dealer warranty ~ 9.3K from some really good sellers)
Samsung Galaxy Ace Duos S6802 (old hardware :( )
HTC Explorer ( if none of the above fit to my requirements I'll buy this and save some dough for another 2TB purchase :D )

Guys I'm really confused here , I need to make the purchase by tomorrow ,i.e, 14th before the Indiatimes coupon expires. After that I'll only have options of Mi-425, SK17i(via eBay) and HTC Explorer.

TIA.

Get the defy.
Yes I'm also thinking in the same line but I doubt if it can play 720p videos smoothly.

Defy+ or Sony Ericsson Live with Walkman. Last one is Huawei X5 Pro. DEVs love it (if i remember correctly franciso.franco, the kernel guru have the X5).

Defy+ : always an awesome choice
Huawei IDEOS X5 Pro : ROCKING SPECS except 1 thing Display Color: 262 K
Sony Ericsson Live with Walkman : 3.2'' Screen is a bit small and I dont need a music phone, I was going for SK17i just because it offers a qwerty keypad.

I would have gone for MI-425 blindly but it's screen it has a bluish tint, I think only SE and Samsung have really good displays and all the chinese-like brands lack in their display quality.

how about the xperia neo v? falls in your price range and is a worthy contender. full flash support and plays 720p without a hitch. you'll have to go with sellers warranty though

xperia u with sellers warranty can also be considered if limited memory is not an issue

Defy+ : always an awesome choice <--- locked bootloader :(
Huawei IDEOS X5 Pro : ROCKING SPECS except 1 thing Display Color: 262 K <--- resolution is high so less colour shouldn't matter. same is the thing with Samsung AMOLED display in S3. Pentile matrix is not noticeable at 720p resolution.
Sony Ericsson Live with Walkman : 3.2'' Screen is a bit small and I dont need a music phone, I was going for SK17i just because it offers a qwerty keypad. <--- buttons are really compact. had it been a 3.5" or bigger like HTC Desire Z, then it was different.

replies in green.

I would have gone for MI-425 blindly but it's screen it has a bluish tint, I think only SE and Samsung have really good displays and all the chinese-like brands lack in their display quality.

Samsung biggest +ve point is their display. Their entry level mobiles sport QVGA display but with extremely high brightness that somehow reduce the pixelated issue.

My friend made a mistake and opted for the Samsung galaxy ace plus but won't admit it :p

its not just your friend. Most indians have the "Samsung is awesome, rest everything crap" mentality. and no cure to fix this problem.

have been using wildfire s for 1 year now.I would say its a pretty awesome phone.

its not awesome. its an awful phone. poor processor, no update, camera quality not the best. battery is extremely small. and lastly, overpriced.

Locked bootloader on Defy + has been a hindrance for it's development but the developers still have released a stable ICS for it(long live the developers) and I think it can play 720p videos too.

News on Defy+ development on XDA.

As for the Huawei X5 U8800 PRO some people have reported hardware issues with it and it's < 1 year old model. I think build quality is the only gripe with it.

I would go for the Defy+ to be safe.

But honestly a Xperia Neo V is the best deal you can get at this price.

Xperia Pro is even better.

- hardware qwerty keypad
- community support, ICS ROMS (check under Xperia Arc forum at xda)
- Official ICS
- 8 MP camera

I've finalized on Defy + , I'm planning to use the same phone for >2years as from my experience the pain of migration from phone to phone is a complete PITA, it's much more efficient to use the same phone for at least 2years and master it properly & there's no phone better than a Defy+ to do that :D .

Well, once you have the details in the cloud, then migration is quite easy. Your only issue would be app support if you change platforms.

anyways, best of luck with the defy+
Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

Back