BSNL EVDO - have some queries about speed and charges

Status
Not open for further replies.
BSNL disables voice service on the CDMA sim if you activate EVDO service on it.
When I was using my Prithvi modem, a person had mistakenly called me on my EVDO no. It showed me the notification of phone ringing. I could pick up the phone and even hear the person on the other end of the line. But he could not hear me.

I will test it today with my Prithvi modem again.

When I was using my Prithvi modem, a person had mistakenly called me on my EVDO no. It showed me the notification of phone ringing. I could pick up the phone and even hear the person on the other end of the line. But he could not hear me.

I will test it today with my Prithvi modem again.
Voice works fine on my EVDO number . I can do voice , sms and data. It doesn't get disabled .
Even my 40 bucks RUIM does voice and sms .
@geek0killer

@kuduku that depends on the BSNL personnel if they don't disable it then it should work. I too called on my other EVDO number and picked it up on PC itself voice was working.
@hotshot05 if you want to know the balance/validity then you can dial on 123/*123#. Both work for me. Even customer care @1503 works. I have used ZTE,Prithvi and currently on Teracom.

@kuduku that depends on the BSNL personnel if they don't disable it then it should work. I too called on my other EVDO number and picked it up on PC itself voice was working.
@hotshot05 if you want to know the balance/validity then you can dial on 123/*123#. Both work for me. Even customer care @1503 works. I have used ZTE,Prithvi and currently on Teracom.
How do you dial on the ZTE?
Mine is the unlocked MTS modem. It has a custom MTS Dialler. Till now have not seen any option for dialling custom number.

How do you dial on the ZTE?
Mine is the unlocked MTS modem. It has a custom MTS Dialler. Till now have not seen any option for dialling custom number.
try using this BSNL dilaer https://www.dropbox.com/s/9jhpie8zcamx3mi/Setup-V1.0.27-BSNL-Win.exe[DOUBLEPOST=1402548587][/DOUBLEPOST]
Did u get the userid and password when u bought the ruim? When i bought
this i told them to i have a cdma phone where i will use it and they entered the details of ruim in there server and activate the EVDO.

you can connect it with 1x?
I didnt check once EVDO didnt work , will check and confirm

They did it when I went to activated my CDMA sim for EVDO. Also, I read that BSNL doesn't offer both data and voice at the same time. Can't remember the source.
Bsnl does offer both voice and data on ruim as well as on WLL.
I am using 1x voice and data on Moto G CDMA.

cdma.JPG

Mine is Rs 40 RUIM and my speeds were always like 1x. So how do I switch to EVDO plan?

View attachment 41502
Mine is Rs 40 RUIM and my speeds were always like 1x. So how do I switch to EVDO plan?
Go to Bsnl office ask them for activating EVDO on your number. Choose the plan. Recharge with the plan. They will give you your username and password. But I also incurred a problem while I was living in UP for a while I bought a CDMA sim and then activated EVDO. It ran smoothly until I went to another state then it ran on 1x only. When I contacted Bsnl they said I have to go to the circle where I bought my card and get it 'patched' for roaming which was available only in Lucknow. So, I recommend you to buy an EVDO sim instead for no complication. Coz from experience, Bsnl would fail you where you would not even imagine. IMO

Go to Bsnl office ask them for activating EVDO on your number. Choose the plan. Recharge with the plan. They will give you your username and password. But I also incurred a problem while I was living in UP for a while I bought a CDMA sim and then activated EVDO. It ran smoothly until I went to another state then it ran on 1x only. When I contacted Bsnl they said I have to go to the circle where I bought my card and get it 'patched' for roaming which was available only in Lucknow. So, I recommend you to buy an EVDO sim instead for no complication. Coz from experience, Bsnl would fail you where you would not even imagine. IMO
Were you using the guest account username and password at first?

My home circle is West Bengal. When I visited Bangalore, I got EVDO speeds whereever there was an EVDO tower.
I used the proper username and password to login when I was in roaming.

@hotshot05 Have you ever tried 101 STV as described here http://www.sancharika.com:1010/Documents/CDMA_Services/web/STV.htm which is Reduce call rate@10p/min. My circle is WB only . Not able to do it online
Unable to open the link on my phone. Will look at it later.

From where are you trying to recharge?
PayTM?

I do my balance and special recharges(for BSNL) from PayTM only. Works every time.

EDIT: I use EVDO for data only. No calling. So don't know if that voucher exists.Did you check the voucher value at bsnl.co.in?
If everything fails, BSNL Exchange would be your saviour.

Any dialer avilable for Prithvi modem? I don't get speed after 5 mins of active EVDO connection. I am from Gujarat and use username password as cdma. Also, the website where we used to check balance is no longer working. Any other options to check balance and plan?

Unable to open the link on my phone. Will look at it later.

From where are you trying to recharge?
PayTM?

I do my balance and special recharges(for BSNL) from PayTM only. Works every time.

EDIT: I use EVDO for data only. No calling. So don't know if that voucher exists.Did you check the voucher value at bsnl.co.in?
If everything fails, BSNL Exchange would be your saviour.
will check paytm , tried mobikwik . Its voice STV and I had taken EVDO connection which is on general plan . Haven't activated any data plan from the time purchased .

Paytm mobile or datacard TAB ?

will check paytm , tried mobikwik . Its voice STV and I had taken EVDO connection which is on general plan . Haven't activated any data plan from the time purchased .

Paytm mobile or datacard TAB ?
PayTM mobile.
Select Special Recharge.(or whatever is mentioned there. Different sites have different labels for Talktime recharge and special benefit recharge)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back