BSNL 3G in Bangalore : The 242nd city in India to get 3G!!

Satan said:
The first day I got incredible speeds but ever since then it's kind of On & Off. Earlier, I didn't need to pause Youtube videos to buffer up a bit before playback. It was smooth like a baby's bottom. Now, not so much. Stutters quite a bit. What do you say Shashank?

Was expecting that. As the subscriber base increases, the bandwidth/user goes down. Its just a poorly configured system. The BTS bandwidth is probably not sufficient to serve more than 5-10 people at a time. Anything more in that area and the speeds start falling.

A friend of mine got a 3G connection today. Guess what? They seem to have fixed the "problem".

He got only 25000 KB download free! (That's 25MB for the un-informed)

EDIT 1: The 25GB Gravy Train has ended
I just checked my own conenction. They have started charging me for data usage as well even though I barely used 300 MB from my 25GB quota!!!

Guess they catch on pretty fast.

I just looked through my message log from BSNL (+50030)

EDIT 2:
At 9:55 AM this morning I still had 25631049.3 KB of free usage left.

At 10:23 AM I have nothing!

Yes, same here, they have discovered the issue and fixed it sometime yesterday. Now, it reduces your balance.My thought is that if you intend to use it quite a bit, it may be cheaper to get a data recharge voucher, which at the lowest level, gives you 500 MB for 249 rupees

http://www.bsnl.in/service/3G/3G_files/3g.htm

Last week, when I wanted to do so, the engineer advised me against it, citing server issues. Has that been fixed? Has anyone successfully been able to recharge on prepaid?

Hey guys i have a bsnl postpaid connection. i just it converted to the 3G and believe me they did it in 1 hour!!! which is simple unbelievable. i also asked them to activate my data services which was also done . but i do not know as to which i have put into, since i requested for putting me under Rs 49 GPRS plan. the guy at the office told me that the data services will also be put under the 3G since after conversion the 2G GPRS will not be applicable for my connection.

Back