Audio Brainwavz M1 or VSonic GR-02 BE

vyral_143

Jarvis
Staff member
Super Mod
Hi,

I m confused over these 2 IEMs. My budget is around 1.5-2K max.

Earlier I have used M1 and I just loved them. Saw few praises for VSonic ones too.

Which one to go for ? M1 suited my taste very good and also getting M1s @ 2100 from Ebay after applying 10% off coupon.

In last case, I would buy M1 again.

@vyral_143 I am not very vocal on these matters because I do not think I am technically at par with @esanthosh in his dissection of audio (and neither do I have his experience) but I shall give it a shot.

I also progressed from the BRAINWAVZ M1 --> VSONIC GR02 Bass Edition and these are the improvements I found in the sound quality --
  • The bass has a volume to it and more importantly the rumble-punch effect, I realized with the M1 I was actually listening to scant scraps of bass to start with and my previous PL30's were no better in this department, so the GR 02 reigns supreme here. Bass is well controlled and a good addition to the sound gamut and I like this.
  • The vocals sit forward / along with the voluminous bass but are in no ways swamped by the latter, they are clear and enjoyable.
  • Treble although a little recessed is well done although not as defined OR lets say detailed as the M1, which with its tamer bass has a great amount of detail in this section.
  • Highs sit well rear and I feel are good enough, although if you kick the volume, I feel they turn brittle and crashy so I avoid cranking up the volume. Though this is not an issue till say ~70% volume and then also it is reasonable it is only in excessively complex passages and symphonies does the high start to irritate at high volumes.
  • Wider sound-stage, yes bigger and better than the M1; why do I say better is because these IEM's sound good in a musical sense (if you want technical detail you are better with the M1 OR PL-50 here), they give the feeling of nice instrumentation and mixing of the audio. The M1 to me sounded very technical, plenty of detail but the instruments seemed to be slightly separated and detached in the overall presentation of the audio.
This is just my opinion on these, you might not like all the above points and may favour the M1 over the GR02 and I will not challenge you because as esanthosh has repeatedly mentioned, sound cannot be perceived empirically, everyone has their own taste and will perceive the same sound with a different thought.

Hope this helps, Cheerio!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Jakob

ALPHA17
: :hail:

I have moved in following manner EP 630 -> Soundmagic PL11 -> Brainwavz M1. When moved to PL11 from EP-630 i got to know first time that there is some world apart from Bass, M1 polished it. Main things I liked about M1 -> Bass - it was controlled, jitna chahiye utna hi, Soud Stage - I could feel some of instruments and visualise their spacing and last but not least clarity. I felt some extra noise is removed and music is better. Source of audio most of the time will be my iPad 1st Gen. Sire, I really found your 1st, 2nd and last point interesting.

Can we get VSonic cheaper anywhere ? less than 2.4K ? I have 10% off EBay coupon too.

You can get it for cheap from ebay-New Vsonic GR02 ProII Silver Cable bass Flagship Edition Inner-Ear Earphone | eBay,Don't know if the coupon works or not.
I have moved in following manner EP 630 -> Soundmagic PL11 -> Brainwavz M1. When moved to PL11 from EP-630 i got to know first time that there is some world apart from Bass, M1 polished it. Main things I liked about M1 -> Bass - it was controlled, jitna chahiye utna hi, Soud Stage - I could feel some of instruments and visualise their spacing and last but not least clarity. I felt some extra noise is removed and music is better. Source of audio most of the time will be my iPad 1st Gen. Sire, I really found your 1st, 2nd and last point interesting.

Can we get VSonic cheaper anywhere ? less than 2.4K ? I have 10% off EBay coupon too.

The Hi-Finage proprietor @abhi_jollyguy is a member here, have a word with him.

Pretty much the same path for me too. I was using the Creative EP-630 --> SoundMAGIC PL-30 --> BRAINWAVZ M1 and JVC HA-FX34 'Marshmallows' and finally hit the GR 02 (bought from a fellow member).

Thanks for the kind words.

Sniff around for deals in the WTB section, don't know what you might hit.

You can get it for cheap from ebay-New Vsonic GR02 ProII Silver Cable bass Flagship Edition Inner-Ear Earphone | eBay,Don't know if the coupon works or not.

Jakob these are different, these are not the same 'Bass Edition' GR 02 but its earlier version.

Well then it's better to get from hifiange.Getting cheaper than 2k is near impossible unless OP uses some coupon on ebay.Didn't know there were two editions of the iem.
The Hi-Finage proprietor abhi_jollyguy is a member here, have a word with him.

Pretty much the same path for me too. I was using the Creative EP-630 --> SoundMAGIC PL-30 --> BRAINWAVZ M1 and JVC HA-FX34 'Marshmallows' and finally hit the GR 02 (bought from a fellow member).

Thanks for the kind words.

Sniff around for deals in the WTB section, don't know what you might hit.

Jakob these are different, these are not the same 'Bass Edition' GR 02 but its earlier version.

Thanks a lot buddies. Your replies are very prompt. I thought of getting them listed on eBay and then applying coupon but this method will not save me money. I Confirmed same with @abhi_jollyguy. From site I guess I can get it for Rs.239x.

Had put up a Brainwavz M1 WTB thread. Time to change it to VSonic ;)

I can source some pieces if many are interested and pricing will be well below 2k
btw GR02 BE is my primary iem's too. Using them with my fuze v2 now :D. nuforce ne-6 served me for well 2yrs. gr02 didn't disappoint me. I was a bit disappointed with brainwavz m4.

Attachments

• vsonic gr02.jpg
    vsonic gr02.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 335
I can source some pieces if many are interested and pricing will be well below 2k
btw GR02 BE is my primary iem's too. Using them with my fuze v2 now :D. nuforce ne-6 served me for well 2yrs. gr02 didn't disappoint me. I was a bit disappointed with brainwavz m4.

Are you satisfied with it ?
Also you should update your siggy :p

It depends on what you are looking for. If you have up to 2K budget, you should definitely give Twinwoofers a try, for a bass-driven sound. And save the remaining amount and buy another IEM later. Same thing i did. Just my 2 cents.

It depends on what you are looking for. If you have up to 2K budget, you should definitely give Twinwoofers a try, for a bass-driven sound. And save the remaining amount and buy another IEM later.

No offence but the GR 02 Bass edition blows the competition out of the water. It is closer OR better than the BRAINWAVZ M2 according to a lot of audio-enthusiasts.

Also the complete package is huge, 14 tips (inclusive of ~3 pair hybrid foam tips).

Also, another point get off this hangover, it is doing no one any good. Your posts sound like a rhetorical telegram --
OP: I want a earphone? Budget as low as possible.
Jacobz: Get the Tekfusion TwinWoofers. It is awesome. Do not think about anything else.

I have not heard them but if a company tries to wring out 'positive' reviews from its users, interested reviewing parties (hint-hint). Then something is really troubling and I have never heard of companies asking for a cash deposit to enforce warranty. That is plain cheap.

No offence but the GR 02 Bass edition blows the competition out of the water. It is closer OR better than the BRAINWAVZ M2 according to a lot of audio-enthusiasts.

Also the complete package is huge, 14 tips (inclusive of ~3 pair hybrid foam tips).

Also, another point get off this hangover, it is doing no one any good. Your posts sound like a rhetorical telegram --
OP: I want a earphone? Budget as low as possible.
Jacobz: Get the Tekfusion TwinWoofers. It is awesome. Do not think about anything else.

I have not heard them but if a company tries to wring out 'positive' reviews from its users, interested reviewing parties (hint-hint). Then something is really troubling and I have never heard of companies asking for a cash deposit to enforce warranty. That is plain cheap.

Its not cheap. Its optional to upgrade to their new edition with additional charges. I had contacted them regarding this and they also told me that i can extend my warranty through that program. Luckily, I'm getting the newer edition myself. Personally haven't heard about the Vsonic GR02 but did heard some good reviews as well.

Its not cheap. I had contacted them regarding this and they also told me that i can extend my warranty through that program. Luckily, I'm getting the newer edition myself.

Neither is the TekFusion Twinwoofers in that case, the SoundMAGIC ES18 is cheaper and has wider coverage, same with the JVC HA-FX 34 Marshmallows.

Jacob, extending warranty is not the point when does the company ask for money to enforce the normal warranty on its own products (this is their only product). If they were importing the damn thing from China then I can accept charges to be levied for customs and other issues, they never say that and the prices have increased on flipkart.com (it is out of stock at that).

And people calling up receiving wonderful explanations like 'woofers in the system / IEM!' What kind of clueless staff is this?

Neither is the TekFusion Twinwoofers in that case, the SoundMAGIC ES18 is cheaper and has wider coverage, same with the JVC HA-FX 34 Marshmallows.

Jacob, extending warranty is not the point when does the company ask for money to enforce the normal warranty on its own products (this is their only product). If they were importing the damn thing from China then I can accept charges to be levied for customs and other issues, they never say that and the prices have increased on flipkart.com (it is not out of stock at that).

And people calling up receiving wonderful explanations like 'woofers in the system / IEM!' What kind of clueless staff is this?

SoundMagic products, i have never owned them, and never will. And you are just talking things about TW that you don't understand hehe. Its like a conspiracy theory on ancient aliens. Anyway, its your suggestion, so i have no probs with that. I personally haven't had any issues your describing, so i can't believe someone's random comment on the issue. Think digit magazine sept 2012 had their review, and they were right - they are bass heavy.

@jacobz300
seems like like u suggest TekFusion Twinwoofers to everyone....ranging from someone with 5k budget ti 1k budget........that is seriously suspicious.....looks like u are on a paid advertising spree for the company............

jacobz300
seems like like u suggest TekFusion Twinwoofers to everyone....ranging from someone with 5k budget ti 1k budget........that is seriously suspicious.....looks like u are on a paid advertising spree for the company............

Not true at all, I have never suggested anyone to buy Twinwoofers if their budget was 5K. I would say if their budget was around 1k to 2.5k because that's the value you get with it not to mention that there are many overpriced products out there. And no, i'm not affiliated with the tekfusion company to advertise their products. It may seem so, because recently all my posts are regarding it, but honestly speaking, that's not true at all, because i'm just their satisfied customer, and also their follower just like many other people and i see nothing bad with it. I mean, if you bought a nice Klipsch or Apple product that you like so much, wouldn't you praise it and encourage people to go for it for their quality? Consider me that kind of a person. You can believe me if you want, because i've never forced anyone. All my suggestions are according to my experience with the Twinwoofers, just like anyone else. So be careful next time before you choose your words. Doesn't suite a smart person like you.

Back