Bought a star sports season pass

Am feeling amazed and giddy that now I will be able to watch all football live from my comp itself in HD..

just finished watching the first match and seriously the presentation is awesome...was even able to play it when i lowered my speed down to 512 kbps...the player automatically changes bitrates and no stalling even on low speeds...looks great when played at full 8mbps...

in my opinion the pricing also looks great:
1. 20 rs day pass
2. 500 rs epl season pass
3. 800 rs all star football pass...
went for the all pass..finally things seem to be taking a turn...i wont need my tata sky connection now except for ten sports channels for uefa..

This is a game changer IMO. We just need faster internet without FUP and this pass would be more awesome.

800 bucks for an year is a tad expensive for now as subscribing to channels would be cheaper.

am not sure since i dont have an hd tv but whats the price of those hd channels? coz for me paying to watch at a premium on my hd monitor is also worth something extra...

plus you can watch reruns of the matches (dont know if there is a historical archive) but was able to watch todays past matches...

can play them on my phone@android too with HD..

Yea. Rather than investing again on an HD tv and getting the HD subscription does make it a good deal.

Keep updating the thread over a period of time. Few of my friends are interested in this. Thanks :)

I think you can watch Champions League online by subscribing to dittotv. Its owned by Zee who also own TEN. For 99 Rs. per quarter, you can subscribe to 3 channels ie Ten Sports, Ten Action and any one more. Though I don't think you'd get HD streaming or VoD.

@ OP - Are all matches available in HD? Even the ones they arent telecasting on TV or are telecasting them in SD on TV?

yes all of them are available in HD...will confirm further once i start getting the hang of it...the point is it doesnt show label as "HD" but the bit rate is some 1.3 mbps and looks hd to me..

yes all of them are available in HD...will confirm further once i start getting the hang of it...the point is it doesnt show label as "HD" but the bit rate is some 1.3 mbps and looks hd to me..

1.3mbps is not HD. Its DVD quality. Lowest bitrate for 720p would be around 4-5mbps and for full HD around 9mbps.
Because of h264 compression the quality looks good. If it was xvid or divx you would cry.

I have installed the Star Sports app on my Note 2 and have been watching Formula 1 races replays on it. I have not yet tried the live pass but on my 1mbps net connection the streaming was flawless and the picture quality was also very good. No buffering at all. Loved it.
One great feature is the Timeline view of the replays. A must checkout. I could not see it for cricket matches but its there for football and F1 races.
I am also thinking of trying the season pass for next years F1 races.
Paying 350/- to my cable guy is useless as all I watch is F1 and CNN on cable. CNN most of the news is available online also.

Very neat app by star sports. The logo is not too large.

For now Star Sports is giving free 10 min live preview of certain events on their website. Starting the browser in private mode one can view the 10min preview then close the browser and restart it again in private mode and view for more 10min.... :) But this is only as long as the developers at starsports will not fix this loophole.

Now they have bumped the stream to 2048kbps as well..here is a screenshot of ashes...the picture doesnt look as clear as the video did somehow..maybe due to players moving around
G45pc2k

starsports.com is great, have been watching last 4 races of F1 on it, will definitely get F1 pass next year as football is okay to watch on TV.

I am also damn impressed with the streaming quality. Watched the entire Brazil GP on the site. My local cable was down that day so watched entire race in chunks of 10min browser sessions :D
The streaming is smooth and so is the quality.
The best feature is live timeline. Its as good as having a DVR.

I've been using the daily pass a lot this season and the only bad thing is there's no mid-game / post match analysis like on TV. If they add that then it'd be perfect.

PS - Sometimes the matches start late on the site, i.e. the liverpool - fulham stream came online only after 5 mins had already been played. Need to fix that too

Back