Borderlands 2 Co-op - Discussion thread

I want to get into this whole shoot and loot thing. But, I dont really have any real life friends that play video games. I play BF3 etc. with other people from US/Europe, but not with any friends (coz I dont have any that play). So, if I buy this game (and this game only has a co -op campaign, correct?), how do I play it? Do I have to have the same 3 people always playing with me or can I start off from where i leave, but with different people?I don't want to play the single player campaign because I tried that with the first game and it was boring as f*** in SP mode.

You can start off and play with anyone you want. Can even go online and see if anyone near your level is playing the game and join them too. It will be a bit laggy.
But if you are not into the game for looting ... then it can be a bit tricky. Its always better to play with friends as the loot system is a bit messed up in online co-op.

I want to get into this whole shoot and loot thing. But, I dont really have any real life friends that play video games. I play BF3 etc. with other people from US/Europe, but not with any friends (coz I dont have any that play). So, if I buy this game (and this game only has a co -op campaign, correct?), how do I play it? Do I have to have the same 3 people always playing with me or can I start off from where i leave, but with different people?I don't want to play the single player campaign because I tried that with the first game and it was boring as f*** in SP mode.

While you can try and find people for coop, it is fun, there is downside as well, in coop everyone is trying to get to the loot first, and there is chaos and confusion, and somehow I am unable to keep track of the storyline with our mash up of missions. The SP campaign has its own charm, I have Boderlands 1, cant call it boring, but it was loooonnggg and at times monotonous, but the experience was thoroughly satisfying and enjoyable.

The coop sessions have been fun too, its just with a team one requires coordination and followup.

Back