User Guides Book IRCTC tickets from mobile - NGPAY

Everyone must be using IRCTC for booking tickets online, specifically e-tickets these days. So I dont need to teach anyone how to book railway tickets using the irctc portal. If you are not familiar with this way of booking railway tickets, please refer to the below URLs

IRCTC Online Passenger Reservation Site.

E-Ticket Guide

I dint find any help or reference for ngpay booking.

Here I am going to guide you on how to book tickets using ngpay based on my experience.I was also skeptical on how to book tickets on this one, especially about the payment method that is being used. But today I had to book a ticket and decided to give a try with ngpay. If you are smart enough :), you can get the details from the ngpay site itself. But I will describe here the steps I followed.

You will need GPRS connection for this to work. May be booking over wifi connection on mobile may also work. I will check this after I get my Nokia 5800 XM
icon_smile.gif

Step one: Get the ngpay application on your mobile.
To download you need a link, right…. To get this link you can follow 3 ways

1)Send me your mobile no.
icon_smile.gif
. I will sent you the link. This way I will get referral point which I have described at the end of this post. Just kidding.:bleh:

2) SMS “ngpay†without quotes to 56767

3) Go to ngpay and there you will see a box under a mobile image and caption “Enter your mobile number and click submit “. You will see a message “Thanks! You will shortly receive an SMS to download ngpay.†on the webpage

These steps will allow you to get an sms message with the download link for ngpay to the mobile number that you have specified.

Step two: Open the sms and click on the link provided and download/install the application
I got an sms similar to the one below

Sender:TM-ngpay

IRCTC - Thank you for your interest in IRCTC services on ngpay. To download go to http://www.ngpay.com/ssgw/91<mymobno>.Please call 91 8067004000 for help

Click on the link and it will show that you are about to download the ngpay.jar application which is 64 KB. If you are on a costly GPRS plan, try with a wifi connection. The java application will get installed to the location that you specified.

Step Three: Give your name and details to create an ngpay profile.
The application will ask for the firstname, lastname, street address, email address and your mobile no. At the end , you will have to give a 6 digit pin of your choice which will be your ngpay pin. It will ask for a security question and date of birth also.

Step Four: Go ahead book the ticket
The above steps will finish the initial setup. In the future you can open the application by going to the location where you have the application installed. It will be stored with the name “ngpayâ€. In the app, you can see

My Services

My Community

My Profile!

What’s New!

Help

Select My services, and You will see

Explore All(69)

IRCTC

Select IRCTC and there you can follow the instructions to book the ticket. While booking, it will ask for the source and destination, date and several other details like berth preference, type of coach etc. which you can easily fill out.At the end it will ask you for the method of payment. You have options to pay using visa cards/credit cards , hdfc internet banking … I have used the HDFC way

It will first ask for your HDFC account no. Then while payment it will ask your customer id as well as the password. This is the same logins that you use for login into the Internet banking of the HDFC. While payment it will display the ticket charge , the 10 Rs IRCTC charge, 10 Rs ngpay convenience, 5 Rs payment processing. But at the end they will give a discount of Rs 25 and voila! you are booking the ticket at the exact ticket fare. (10+10+5-25) heeh!

You will get the e-ticket mailed to the email id that you have specified in step three.

You can use this ngpay to book tickets for you as well as for anyone. While booking just give the name of the passenger. This was one where I was having a doubt. :).The good thing is that you can view the history of the transactions from the application itself.

Cancellation of IRCTC tickets booked using ngpay.
Here also I had a doubt. I searched the ngpay website, but could not find out an answer. So I sent a query to ngpay support using the url below

Welcome to ngpay. Open your world!

I was just dumb. Just after I submitted the query, I searched in the ngpay application again and I found the cancellation location

ie, Inside My Services -> IRCTC -> Cancellation

But I was surprised when I got a call from ngpay support guy on my phone. He asked me the name and the amount with which I booked the ticket. Then described the same steps as above. Now I am sure, this thing is here to stay!!

Possible Uses of NGPAY/Why use NGPAY
  • Book your tickets when no Internet connection is available.
  • Cancel your tickets anywhere anytime
  • Check your PNR status , anywhere anytime
  • NGPAY got lot of services like cinema tickets booking and several other features.. I will explore the same in the future.
  • You can receive points for each transactions which you can redeem later against a service availed with ngpay
  • A referrel service is there which will give you points which you can redeem later.
Referral Method

You can do referral by the following method.
  • Goto My community -> Refer a friend and input your friends mobile number.
  • Your friend will receive an sms with the download link to the application. You will get 25 points as reward when your friend completes his registration on ngpay.
  • If you want to help me in anyway, please let me add your mobile no.:) :p
Any comments are welcome.

@ matthew: Nicely put.. :hap2:
Can someone enlighten me regarding the safety of transactions through mobiles..?

Don't forget to add reps:D

I hope that the Govt.(read IRCTC) itself wont try to cheat us:cool2:

Here is the reply to your query from the ngpay/IRCTC site itself.

Is buying tickets on ngpay safe and secure?

Absolutely! ngpay is protected by the latest technology and is more secure than ATM transactions

Refer here for more details

hp-india said:
@ matthew: Nicely put..

Can someone enlighten me regarding the safety of transactions through mobiles..?

mathew_p_a said:
Don't forget to add reps:D

I hope that the Govt.(read IRCTC) itself wont try to cheat us:cool2:

Here is the reply to your query from the ngpay/IRCTC site itself.

Is buying tickets on ngpay safe and secure?
Absolutely! ngpay is protected by the latest technology and is more secure than ATM transactions

Refer here for more details

you can get infraction for that:p

remove it before darkstar comes here;)

Back