PC Peripherals Bluish Hue(CRT)

I have a samtron 15" CRT,there is a problem with the colours,everything on the screen appears bluish.This has been happening since the power went off yesterday,so the system wasnt shut down properly.Please help out.:sos:

I had this problem once, turns out it was a gfx card VGA port problem. Used teh DVI port of gfx card, DVI to VGA convertor and colors were proper. i suggest you try the same in case you have a gfx card :p

SunnyBoi said:
I had this problem once, turns out it was a gfx card VGA port problem. Used teh DVI port of gfx card, DVI to VGA convertor and colors were proper. i suggest you try the same in case you have a gfx card :p
Same here,i had a PSU short out,replaced it,but after that had the blueish that the OP was talking abt,so used the DVI port and it was working fine!!

1)degauss the monitor
2)move it away from any electrical interference

If these two fail...then check the cable/card etc.

This is umpteenth query on color hues on a monitor that I have seen in the last few months...

Seems it is possibly a common problem...

Oh, and some of the older thread had some over-zealously helpful fellas recommending everything from a driver reinstall to a clean format

I had this problem once, turns out it was a gfx card VGA port problem. Used teh DVI port of gfx card, DVI to VGA convertor and colors were proper. i suggest you try the same in case you have a gfx card

Same thing na Sunny...Bad VGA cable issue got fixed since you got a replacement cable using DVI :p

1)degauss the monitor

2)move it away from any electrical interference

The above two issues would cause localized color issues (e.g. permanent blue hue in top left corner, and not a full blue/green/whatever tint)

Would be great if this could be stickied wit a suitable title once the OP manages to fix the issue

superczar said:
Same thing na Sunny...Bad VGA cable issue got fixed since you got a replacement cable using DVI :p

No re, used the same VGA cable :p instead of using directly the VGA port on the gfx card, used the DVI port, a DVI-VGA convertor and the VGA cable. colours turned out fine...

He had problem since power went off, most probably its monitor data cable/lose contacts on VGA port missing green or red signals.

But it could be burnt color gain controller transistors inside monitor also.

Try twisting the cable. If colors change, its a bad cable :) I had this problem, and could change the tint to red, blue, yellow or green depending on my mood. I tried watching blue films with a blue tint, but it wasn't fun :no:

i just twisted the wire a bit...it was ok until i started typing in this dialog box :(...guess its the wire then.thank you all for the help(seen on the mobile...since bsnl died on me)

zhopudey said:
Try twisting the cable. If colors change, its a bad cable :) I had this problem, and could change the tint to red, blue, yellow or green depending on my mood. I tried watching blue films with a blue tint, but it wasn't fun :no:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Back