BLRGO.com - Need your review!

abhi.eternal

Disciple
People, this is a project I am currently working on and I need your help. I want you guys to review and critique the website. Please let me know if you like or dislike something.. anything. When I remove the 'beta' tag, I want it to be (almost) perfect. Please click on the image to check out the website :)

logo-beta.png

@abhi.eternal looks really good although I have not done much. Can you integrate a map into the home page itself, at-least showing the layout of Bangalore (especially airport -->city).

Rest it looks really polished.

Can I ask you a question, if I am not over-reaching myself.

Edit: Add more details to the home panes especially the event list (make dummy entries, there are a lot of gigs going on at any given time and currently Oktober Fest) and places to travel too in Bangalore.

Last edited by a moderator:
A couple of suggestions.

1) I like the auto width adjust on hover of the main banner stories, but it does not go well with the scroll bar. (I didn't even notice it on the first visit). Maybe you can make the initial visible divs smaller and squeeze all 4 images into the main div and avoid the use of the scroll bar?
Also, is it possible to make the width adjustment transition slightly smoother?

2) On widescreen monitors, it looks like the site has two margins. One with a grey gradient and one white. Looks a bit odd.

3) You might consider using a slightly different font for the text in the "Colour of Bangalore" image or at least justify the text differently. The present combination of font and justification makes it look like the image was cut off.

"Error establishing a database connection" :p

:O Sorry. Can you please try again?

abhi.eternal looks really good although I have not done much. Can you integrate a map into the home page itself, at-least showing the layout of Bangalore (especially airport -->city).

Rest it looks really polished.

Can I ask you a question, if I am not over-reaching myself.

Edit: Add more details to the home panes especially the event list (make dummy entries, there are a lot of gigs going on at any given time and currently Oktober Fest) and places to travel too in Bangalore.

Thanks. I was thinking of adding a map to the homepage; just working on the right way to do it.

I have plans for the sliding panes. This will be updated weekly with major events in the city (like Oktoberfest etc.). Again, I am working on details.

A couple of suggestions.

1) I like the auto width adjust on hover of the main banner stories, but it does not go well with the scroll bar. (I didn't even notice it on the first visit). Maybe you can make the initial visible divs smaller and squeeze all 4 images into the main div and avoid the use of the scroll bar?
Also, is it possible to make the width adjustment transition slightly smoother?

2) On widescreen monitors, it looks like the site has two margins. One with a grey gradient and one white. Looks a bit odd.

3) You might consider using a slightly different font for the text in the "Colour of Bangalore" image or at least justify the text differently. The present combination of font and justification makes it look like the image was cut off.

Thanks for the suggestions.

1. I will try out your way and check how it looks. Man, I worked so hard on that scrollbar. It is a pain to get a coloured scrollber working properly in modern browsers :(

2. I tested the site on both conventional and widescreen monitors and they looked fine to me. What resolution are you using?

3. Aha. I knew something was wrong with this. It was bugging me but I just could not pin it. Now it's clear as daylight. Will work on it.

TE is awesome. This forum never lets me down. :D

Thanks for the suggestions.

1. I will try out your way and check how it looks. Man, I worked so hard on that scrollbar. It is a pain to get a coloured scrollber working properly in modern browsers :(

2. I tested the site on both conventional and widescreen monitors and they looked fine to me. What resolution are you using?

3. Aha. I knew something was wrong with this. It was bugging me but I just could not pin it. Now it's clear as daylight. Will work on it.

TE is awesome. This forum never lets me down. :D

Here is what it looks like on my monitor right now. 1920x1080.

http://i.imgur.com/P5kKF.jpg?1

I can also test on 2560x1600 once I get home and let you know how that works.

As for the main auto adjusting pictures on the top, it is a matter of opinion of course but I think two navigation elements to the main entry point of your website is a bit unwieldy.

PS: If it matters, I am on Google Chrome dev version. 24.0.1284.0 canary.

Thanks. The site looks puny in your monitor! :O I have checked the site using the stable versions of the major browsers, but I don't have an HD monitor to test it out :( I may need to work the background and scaling. :gearing up for more sleepless nights:

An about page would be nice :)
Good work there!

Hmm. What should I/we write here? :23:

Nice..!! :)

I liked it..!! :D

nicely made.
Keep updating. Good luck. \m/

I liked it too. Very crisp and minimal.

Great Domain name and a good concept. I hope it's a success.

I am glad that you all liked it. :D

i was thinking what scrollbar and then found it. first time visitors wont even know its a scrollbar. it looks like some red and white background got cut off from the images. remove the vertical scrollbar or better yet just remove that frame. Just let the images cycle automatically using jquery or something.
example - Javascript Slideshow - Quiet Template Demo with Rotate effect

Thanks for the tip. Note to self - The slider is not as awesome as I thought it to be :no2: Rework needed :|

Site updated. Need fresh review. ('About us' page still to be added)

It looks like the image changes (along with the visible size) when you hover over an image in the banner. Do you think that might cause a bit of confusion? When the image changes and the size changes, it might give the user a feeling of not having clicked the right thing?

(That is just my view of course. You might want to wait for other opinions as well :D.)

Back