Blood Donation Required [Urgent] / Keenan / Reuben tribute thread

Re: Blood Donation Required [Urgent]

This is really sad news guys :(

RIP Rueben.

Hope those b*rds get punished :mad:

Re: Blood Donation Required [Urgent]

Why don't people REACT to someone getting overpowered! F***kin cowards! The audience could have intervened and stopped the fight.

Such brutal attackers should be hanged naked in front of public every day and then put back in prison (but don't let them die). Those who disrespect women, actually show disrespect to their own birth.

I wish this world learns from the sacrifices of the brave ones. RIP Keenan and Rueben :(

Keenan Santos

Dunno if the non Mumbai crowd are aware of it, but here's the story:

Vengeful eve-teaser's gang kills youth, injures two

The second guy just died today...

Posting it to get a wider internet coverage. If the developments interest you, join the FB page:

Its really appalling, something like this happening in Mumbai. This is not new, and gang related eve teasing is rampant during New years day etc. And more often then not its the nearby slum areas of the incident where the pricks resides. These guys usually have local politician support, as well as unity from hutment dwellers.

R.I.P. Keenan and Reuben. Very very depressing. :(

sato1986 said:
Why don't people REACT to someone getting overpowered! F***kin cowards! The audience could have intervened and stopped the fight.

Easier said than done friend! Please do not get me wrong here but I do not blame the onlookers for not offering help - I am sure they were scared for they would have to bear the brunt of some fight that was not theirs and the ramifications later (which may include losing their lives!). The Govt. should now act and ensure that these slum dwelling pricks are brought to justice.

Just goes to show that bravery is equivalent to stupidity these days. Had they not tried to become heroes and instead fled from the scene, all this could have been avoided. I also think, had the girls not been involved, they would have done exactly the opposite of what they did. The male ego knows no bounds, they wouldn't have ever thought of what was going to take place. I just don't understand why they did not go back to the restaurant and seek help when they saw the mob approaching, they instead sent the girls inside and tried the stupid thing to reason with the mob.

As for the bystanders, it indeed is shameful and cowardly not to offer any kind of support but then again ask yourselves, would you dare to intervene in a fight where there is a mob of more than 10 goons all equipped with dangerous weapons? What is even more sad is the lesson we are all going to get from such an incident. Do you think creating a FB page or spreading awareness about this incident would make one act brave the next time he finds himself in a similar situation? It is rather going to have an opposite effect. Yesterday, my own parents after watching this on the news warned me to never ever interfere if such an incident was happening somewhere. I myself gave the same advice to my younger brother. Does that make me a coward? Probably. But atleast I don't have a fake sense of patriotism or heroism.

This is exactly what the police is for. I am sure someone would have informed a PCR of what was taking place but like always, they reached the spot after the crime had been committed. How can anyone feel safe in a society where even surviving a day is a challenge?

Bluffmaster said:
Just goes to show that bravery is equivalent to stupidity these days. Had they not tried to become heroes and instead fled from the scene, all this could have been avoided. I also think, had the girls not been involved, they would have done exactly the opposite of what they did. The male ego knows no bounds, they wouldn't have ever thought of what was going to take place. I just don't understand why they did not go back to the restaurant and seek help when they saw the mob approaching, they instead sent the girls inside and tried the stupid thing to reason with the mob.

See bluffy, what you have said is true. But they are dead now. Can we get back them ? NO, it is not possible. Their death should not go in vain.

Bluffmaster said:
As for the bystanders, it indeed is shameful and cowardly not to offer any kind of support but then again ask yourselves, would you dare to intervene in a fight where there is a mob of more than 10 goons all equipped with dangerous weapons?

I have to agree with you, sadly.

Bluffmaster said:
What is even more sad is the lesson we are all going to get from such an incident. Do you think creating a FB page or spreading awareness about this incident would make one act brave the next time he finds himself in a similar situation? It is rather going to have an opposite effect.

No, I created to spread awareness. It can pressurize Gov. Do you think those goons will be punished ? Tomo we might find out he has connections with Ministers etc etc. Justice in India is focking costly. Creating awareness like this can pressurize Gov & those parents may be given Justice. Jessica Lal case is one such example.

Bluffmaster said:
Yesterday, my own parents after watching this on the news warned me to never ever interfere if such an incident was happening somewhere. I myself gave the same advice to my younger brother. Does that make me a coward? Probably. But atleast I don't have a fake sense of patriotism or heroism.

No, it's not you being coward. And I agree with you again, sadly. That's how our system has made us.

The only thing that can pressurize our government is media and even that is in the government's pocket these days. Incidents like these happen everyday in India. This has come to light only because the families of the victims involved were influential and this happened at a happening place in mumbai. The media is going to leech TRP from this incident (which has already started with channels like India TV) and when there is no more juice left in the story, all this is going to be forgotten. I am sorry, but the system is not going to change. Its sad but true.

Bluffmaster said:

As for the bystanders, it indeed is shameful and cowardly not to offer any kind of support but then again ask yourselves, would you dare to intervene in a fight where there is a mob of more than 10 goons all equipped with dangerous weapons? What is even more sad is the lesson we are all going to get from such an incident. Do you think creating a FB page or spreading awareness about this incident would make one act brave the next time he finds himself in a similar situation? It is rather going to have an opposite effect. Yesterday, my own parents after watching this on the news warned me to never ever interfere if such an incident was happening somewhere. I myself gave the same advice to my younger brother. Does that make me a coward? Probably. But atleast I don't have a fake sense of patriotism or heroism.

This is exactly what the police is for. I am sure someone would have informed a PCR of what was taking place but like always, they reached the spot after the crime had been committed. How can anyone feel safe in a society where even surviving a day is a challenge?

Couldn't have said it myself better! to all the people who are cursing the bystanders there is something called the bystanders syndrome

when something bad is happening before your eyes the first instinct will be to run like hell but then you will be contradicted morally so you will just freeze and you wouldnt be able to do anything.place yourself in the bystanders shoes would you face a an angry mob armed with sickles or would you just prefer not to get involved i at all .

As bluffmaster said the police are trained for situations like these when this happened someone should have alerted them so that the situation would have been handle by capable hands but sadly the hands we trust are not that capable :(

After couple of weeks this will be forgotten and all those talk about bravery and courage will die down people will get back to thier work and India will be getting shittier day by day and then another incident like this will happen and the whole cycle starts again.

Just a tidbit for you guy's... While most people may expect police to be entity that is supposed to protect you, In many places including most parts of America,

"The Police is not obligated to protect you (an individual)."

It is not part of their duties. They have no obligation to give attention to a call for help. You cannot hold them to account for negligence even it leads to the death of a person or persons. Even if you are about to get murdered and call for help, they have no obligation to come to your aid.

The Police Aren’t Legally Obligated To Protect You | Disinformation

I don't know for sure if it applies to India as well, but I think it does to a considerable extent. I have never encountered an incident where police was successfully prosecuted for negligence. So yes, don't go expecting that police would come running to protect you when you need it. Bottom-line is that you cannot take the law into your own hands, but don't expect that the governing authorities would come to your help either. Be prepared to defend yourself (you have very limited extent to which you can do that legally without getting yourself implicated in a case) or be prepared to run as the case might be.

As for bystanders watching, I think a lot people do it just for the sheer thrill of watching it than because they are frozen due to shock. I guess watching a fight is a base animal instinct that exists in humans as well at some level.

Bluffmaster said:
Yesterday, my own parents after watching this on the news warned me to never ever interfere if such an incident was happening somewhere......

Its only this kind attitude that's giving local gundas power to commit such horrendous acts in broad daylight & that too among full crowd . Because there are aware that they can walk away freely & nobody will utter a word.

If we as a society adopt such blind eye towards such crimes, courage of gundas will only increase further. Which could mean next time it could be me or you. worse, nobody will come to help. Now, we don't want to be that situation right?

Hence, there is a need for zero tolerance towards such acts

PS: Just my humble thoughts, feel free to disagree;)

Gaurish said:
Its only this kind attitude that's giving local gundas power to commit such horrendous acts in broad daylight & that too among full crowd . Because there are aware that they can walk away freely & nobody will utter a word.

If we as a society adopt such blind eye towards such crimes, courage of gundas will only increase further. Which could mean next time it could be me or you. worse, nobody will come to help. Now, we don't want to be that situation right?

Hence, there is a need for zero tolerance towards such acts

PS: Just my humble thoughts, feel free to disagree;)

Yes, in an ideal world this should be the case but we do not live in an ideal world, now do we?

I just want you to answer one simple question. Had you been present among the bystanders during that incident, would you have tried to interfere in the fight?

If I were a bystander during that incident, I would have probably thought of stopping the fight only and if only I knew for sure that the other bystanders would support me and intervene too. Without that surety it would have been utterly stupid on my part to have intervened and I too would have ended up as a victim of the assault.

Back