BlackBerry Z10 India launch likely on Feb 24 for Rs.39,000: Report

mojo

Adept
Hello folks,

BlackBerry had launched its Z10 smartphone at a gala event in New York on January 30. The smartphone is already available in some of the markets including United Kingdom and Canada and according to some news reports the smartphone is getting a good response in these markets.
The Canadian smartphone maker has already indicated that India and Indonesia are its two key emerging markets and it is expected that their latest flagship device will be available in these markets soon. If reports in FoneAreana are to be believed, the company will be launching Z10 in India on February 24 and the device will carry the price tag of Rs. 39,000.

blackberry-z10-ofic11.jpg

BlackBerry Z10 without a contract is available in United Kingdom for 480 pounds and will be available in UAE for AED 2,599, which roughly translates to approximately Rs. 39,000.

As expected, BlackBerry India spokesperson declined NDTV Gadget's request for comments on the report citing that the company does not wish to make any statements on the rumours. He further added that, "We would wish to get the product in India and any other key market as soon as possible but there are a certain timelines that have to followed to get any new product in the market."

Just to recap, Z10 is a full-touch device that comes with a 4.2-inch LCD screen with a 1280x768 resolution. It runs on the new BlackBerry 10 operating system and is powered by a dual-core processor that clocks at 1.5GHz alongside 2GB of RAM. The internal storage available on the smartphone is 16GB. It has a 8-megapixel rear camera that can capture 1080p videos and 2-megapixel camera in the front. Z10 comes with 1,850 mAh battery.

Read more @ Source

Well atleast they are releasing it here on time. Most of the time we get phones late, if at all we get them.

I have heard that it has a stunning OS. Pretty much worth it, but the price is a thing, not only this but many phones feel a bit over priced/

30K Would be a sweet price, considering how BB Shares are falling.
Overpriced if you ask me. But lets see how it fares after it launches.

If it is 39k at launch price will come down soon.
Reason: 5" quad core flagship androids will come soon in Indian market.
BB os is very nice in my opinion.

I have heard that it has a stunning OS. Pretty much worth it, but the price is a thing, not only this but many phones feel a bit over priced/

Stunning is an understatement. The new BB OS is based on QNX - this is nothing short of revolutionary. It will change the way people use mobiles and computing tasks.

BB should have the sense not to over-price their line-up (if they wish to make any paradigm shift in users).... or else this will be a wasted moment in their history.

Check these for QNX on BB10
Meet the Power Behind the BlackBerry Tablet OS | History of QNX and its Implementation in BlackBerry 10 | CrackBerry.com | The New Award-Winning QNX Technology Concept Bentley at CES [VIDEO] «Inside BlackBerry - The Official BlackBerry Blog |

and this one especially -
[h=1]BlackBerry 10: Forget about the phone - it's the OS that really counts[/h]Cheers
Terry

Too high a price.. considering the rumored price for Xperia Z is 32-33k

I dont think the price of the Sony Z or a similar android smartphone will have any bearing on BB10. It has an entirely different consumer base.

With regards to the price, 39 k is a bit too expensive for current BB buyers who bought previous flagship phones for approx half the price.

This is a start of new platform in many aspects, which means more work for developers but if they don't see any profits they wont waste their time on this os !!

bb users will finally will be able to play good games in future :p

Back