BlackBerry Curve 9300 or Nokia C6-01 or Galaxy Ace.

nikhilthecupid

Disciple
1. Q: Budget?
A: 14k

2. Q: Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?
A: Bar

3. Q: Preferred display type?
A: TFT

4. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: Nokia, BB, Samsung (if you have to), No Spice/micromax/Motorola/Lava.

5. Q: Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?
A: Touchscreen,qwerty

6. Q: Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.
A: DOsnt matter

7. Q: Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Andriod/Symbian

8. Q: Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).
A: 3G/Edge

9. Q: What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?
A: Msging (Very much), Calls, Not much of an App savvy but will get a few, good music player, and atleast 2 days Battery backup.

10. Q: Any other requirements?
A: Should Look descent (unlike micromax and spice)

11. Q: If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.
A: Galaxy Ace/BB Curve 9300/C6-01

+ i want to know about Internet issue with BB, i mean BB internet plans..and any way i can use that 99rs thingi in Curve ? coz i am really inclined towards getting curve..and might skip it coz of that expensive BB plans...so BB is my top priority (im bored of nokia) + ive used my friends Galaxy ace..its okok only...

So please shoot ur ideas... :)

BB plans are too much expensive.That 99rs plan will work if you use opera mini on BB but you will not be able to install apps on BB using opera mini ,for that native browser is needed.

And for that budget galaxy ace will be good enough else increase your budget to 15k and get Motorola defy for more ruggedness and customizability.

Well for your usage BB 9300 is good.

Since you are bored of nokia (me too!) and Galaxy Ace (its not that good either) I would recommend you the 9300.

Want more options?

Check out HTC Wildfire S. Looks so sexy!! (I'm gonna buy it next month :) )

Motorola Defy: Overall the best phone for 15k. No other phone comes near it. And Motorola is a good brand. I'm using a 3 year old Moto Ming and it still works fine :)

Since you are very much into messaging check out the Galaxy Pro. I felt its qwerty keypad is even better than BB(subjective) Plus it has android and that too for 8k only :)

you can use the prepaid 99-ish Rs generic internet thingie on a blackberry - i did it myself when i toured abroad and never had BIS/BES (the BB internet plans), just used basic 2G and wifi hotspots wherever possible (but 2G mostly) and i could do 99% of all the net apps. The ONLY thing i couldn't do was BBM. And this was on a newer Bold 3 remember, so i am pretty certain you can achieve that on a curve.

using a bb successfully without BIS/BES hinges on getting the BB browser working without BIS/BES - and to get the BB browser working without BIS/BES simply use customised service books downloaded from the internet rather than using BIS/BES service books from your provider (Idea/Airtel etc). Just google for something like "Wifi_Gprs_email.ipd" (just one of the many tuts) to get a idea - just follow the steps on these tuts dumbly and your BB Browser pops up on your menu and you are good to go! for detailed qs feel free to ask me here - the usage of these service books on your bb is not illegal, so perfectly ok to discuss here.

for bb push mail without bis/bes, i used shangmail and i heard funambol (paid) works quite good too.

that leaves out bbm - unfortunately, BBM cant be used without BIS/BES, but from your post it seems you dont need it in the first place! Also, MMS might be a problem, but who does MMS anyway? you can't also do official twitter, fb, gtalk - but there are wonderful unofficial alternatives that do a perfect job with the generic 99ish Rs. data plans.

Ok, ive never got my hands on a blackberry though and am really exited for it, can you shed some light regarding

how is its User interface...?

the screen is 65k colours only, is it fine ?

Battery backup ?

So i can surf internet using opera in BB (WiFi) ?

and i can use gtalk and other messengers in BB (WiFi) ?

Buy Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini Pro SK17i at Best Price in India - Also find Specifications, Photos, Features & Reviews -> ~14.2k after applying RCOMLB1 coupon. Perfect for your needs since it has both touch and qwerty.

Its also got a powerful processor. Qualcomm QSD8255 and Adreno 205 GPU. It also runs the latest Ginger bread version of the Android OS.

Sony Ericsson Xperia mini pro - Full phone specifications

Only -ve is the smallish 3" screen with HVGA resolution. But it seems you dont mind it. So this should suit you fine. If your usage is light it may last 2 days on a single charge.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini and Mini Pro hands-on (update: video!) -- Engadget

Hands on: Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini review | News | TechRadar UK

nikhilthecupid said:
Ok, ive never got my hands on a blackberry though and am really exited for it, can you shed some light regarding

how is its User interface...?

the screen is 65k colours only, is it fine ?

Battery backup ?

So i can surf internet using opera in BB (WiFi) ?

and i can use gtalk and other messengers in BB (WiFi) ?

user interface is perfect for the form factor - screen is excellent.

battery backup on a 9300 - dunno. on my bbs - very good.

yes you can do ALL net apps except BBM with wifi/generic Rs 99 2g. Get a bb for texting - sms, email, whatsapp/messenger chatting, social networking/twitter etc - if browsing/reading is your primary requirement, try something with bigger screen - maybe the one DarkAngel suggests.

Motorola Defy or Galaxy Ace.. What I like about Ace is that the device is sleek and is upgradable to Gingerbread. Defy is obviously known for its tough make.. Both the devices have 800MHz processor but Defy has arnd 512MB RAM whereas, Ace comes with 274MB RAM that makes it less powerful than Defy..

Smriti Rawat said:
Motorola Defy or Galaxy Ace.. What I like about Ace is that the device is sleek and is upgradable to Gingerbread. Defy is obviously known for its tough make.. Both the devices have 800MHz processor but Defy has arnd 512MB RAM whereas, Ace comes with 274MB RAM that makes it less powerful than Defy..

You just cant compare processor on MHz. Its like saying the P4 2GHz and 2nd gen Core i3 2GHz are the same!

The Ace has a MSM7227-T which is clocked @ 800MHz. Its a older gen processor and supports just ARMv6 instruction set.

The Defy has a TI OMAP 3410 Cortex A8 core clocked at 800MHz. Its a newer gen. processor that support ARMv7 instruction set which means flash support :) Also it performs better.

To add to that the Ace has a anemic Adreno 200 GPU whereas the Defy's PowerVR SGX530 easily outperforms it 2x-3x times.

So in terms of H/w the Defy pwns the Ace. The Ace makes sense in the 10k-11k range. It will easily blow away the O1 P500 due to its camera and larger screen(Lesser RAM though). But against Defy it doesnt stand a chance!

Back