Black Mesa - Discussion Thread

Waiting for it! If it turns out to be good enough, the developers might be employed by Valve. What a resume they will have!

I dont know whether they will be picked up by valve,
but sure as hell they will have a great resume.
Next week ill be back to mesa :D

The Game and the build quality s AWESOME.

Also some Soundtracks are mind blowing.
So great that I reload the level again to listen.

Why they call it a 'mod' ??!!
Its a full game.

Hats Off to the team.

I'm glad the Xen levels aren't there. The xen levels were the worst parts of Half Life. Jumping puzzles in a FPS? Really now? I just no clipped by way through that level.

Fired up the title and completed the first 6 chapters! :p

Most of the locations were pretty much familiar and I knew what to look for and where to head to so this wasn't hard. And it looks like the devs. have changed some portions from the original game? I mean I am damn sure that those weren't present in the original. Anyways, visuals look gorgeous and although not upto the mark of the sequel and the episodes, this is definitely a winner. Combat is a bit dumbed down however. It doesn't look like the devs. did much in this aspect - it is exactly the same as it was in the original title.

Eli looks so fcuking similar to what we had seen in HL 2! I was like OMG when he appeared in the BMRF during the start of the game. :scared14:

UmX0b.jpg

Paused it near the huge ventilator. Where the tentacle claw monster appears in the rocket propulsion test chamber and Gordon needs to sneak through the locations silently.

^I don't think their intention was to change any of the mechanics, including combat?

AFAIK, the project is meant to be a facelift, but a massive one at that. Anyway, MUST DOWNLOAD!!! I never played the first Half-Life, but I loved HL2 and the Episodes.

Yeah it looks like the devs. didn't mess with the combat aspects and remains untouched. The soundtracks have changed and there are some kick ass tracks this time. :D

Gannu: Did you see how long it took to you get your first Crowbar? The first bit I was left a tad confused that I surely missed picking up the Crowbar but then found it later somewhere. Being weaponless against those darn Headcrabs!

Ummm not much actually. IIRC I got the handgun first and then the crowbar. The crowbar was stuck between 2 sliding doors. I remember it wasn't like this in the original game. The crowbar was laying on the floor and Gordon picks it up. Like I said before, there are some changes that the devs. have done here and there.

Completed the title. Oh boy what a lovely playthrough it was. Reminded me of my early childhood days when I had played Half Life: Uplink from one of Chip's (or was it Digit?) bundled CD. And then it was Half Life: Day One which would sadly end after the first couple of chapters. And one fine day, I sourced the original game and fired it completing it in under 10 days!

This playthrough was just the same except that I knew where to go and what to watch out for. The gameplay was smooth and refined. Never faced a hiccup, not even once! The upgraded visuals were good albeit not as much as HL2 or Episode One or Two was but perhaps that was a limitation to the total conversion mod. These devs. are ingenious! Perhaps Gabe should seriously consider hiring them.

The Lambda Reactor Core in all its glory:

9qi3e.jpg

The final notice before the credits sequence begins:

XMawF.jpg

I just wish Episode 3 comes up real soon. Or HL 3. One of the two.

Completed this game. Its an awesome remake. BTW the game as you may know ends in the lambda core. Rest of the chapters are still missing. However it does worth its price & I would recommend it to anyone who have not played half life 1. Took me around 20 hours to finish it on normal difficulty.

I think they do plan to release the rest of the chapters, i read so somewhere. They are using the money from the early access to fund this, just its taking them time to finish it.

Back