Bitdefender Total Security 2015 – FREE License keys for next 18 months [Hurry UP!!!]

Those who have installed Bitdefender, is your computer taking a lot more time to start up?

I installed this is an old laptop (C2D T6600) and a new laptop(i5 4210U).
The start up time increased massively after this.
I installed Norton in the old laptop after uninstalling BitDefender. The laptop boots up very fast now!

My experience has been totally opposite of this. I am finding the bitdefender less obtrusive and lesser resource hog, as compared to my earlier Norton 360. I even ditched my norton paid license for the bitdefender.

Doesn't matter if its working smooth on a rare instance.
But yes its a resource hogger. Would prefer Eset, trend or avast above it any day.
Avast and Avira are really lightweight. But there are some concerns regarding false positives for Avira.
I have not used ESET in a long time. But it does not fare too well in the AV Comparison reports.

Kaspersky slowed down the above mentioned laptop considerably.

Only Avast and Norton Internet Security felt really light on the system.
Mine is not a rare instance of Norton working well. There are many more who feel this way. Even I was really scared about Norton but encouraged by others, I went for it and it is running well so far.

Hm. May be the recent Norton is improved and tweaked accordingly.
But previous cases were really horrifying. Esp during pre 7, vista and xp days.
It has been 5 years now using eset so never felt the need for others.
Friends use avast and bitdefender or trend micro so have idea for the same.
Mcafee seems out of popularity these days as hardly anyone seems using it.
Kaspersky sucks as it keeps updating 100 of times in a single day itself.

How about KIS?? kaspersky internet security?/ have been buying thier license from the past 4 yrs .havent faced a problem till no and also it does not hog resources at Norton..

Just to add my cents to the comment about Norton, that is a resource hog is a thing of past, not anymore, using NIS since last 3 years (paid version from Chiragthakur's GO), it's very light on resources almost as AVAST.

Just to add my cents to the comment about Norton, that is a resource hog is a thing of past, not anymore, using NIS since last 3 years (paid version from Chiragthakur's GO), it's very light on resources almost as AVAST.

This. I've been using Norton 360 since 2009.........those resource hog versions are long gone.

Installed my bitdefender today...pretty late amongst all but just had no other work as my aol is f*ked up so tried installing and it says 180 days. And its already Feb 2015 and it has to get extended but...

Others who installed it a month back or two are still having 180days or has it extended to another year or so ???

Back