FS: Others Bitcoin, Ethereum, Steem, other Altcoins (w/o bank transfer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sub

Adept
I saw a successful FS thread about Litecoin, and thought I'd give it a try. The idea is simple, currently you can buy cryptocurrencies at exchange, but you need Aadhaar and a bank account. The exchanges can't cope up with demand, and there are delays of weeks before your account is verified and usable. I'm going to offer alternative methods of payment -

Cash, PayTM, Amazon Gift Cards. Also open to other ways to trade.

Because of Bitcoin's exorbitant transaction fees currently due to insane demand (around Rs. 1,500), I need a minimum transaction of at least Rs. 100,000 to offset it. I'll bear the transaction fee. We'll go by the rates on Koinex and Coinsecure - whichever is lower, plus you save on exchange fees. Instead, Ethereum, I can go with a minimum of Rs. 10,000.

I would personally recommend Steem as there are zero transaction fees. It's also (IMO) a great investment, and unlike most cryptocurrencies actually being used by half a million people (It's a social network on blockchain, check it out - https://steemit.com). Minimum amount for Steem - Rs. 1000 only. We'll go by the rate at Koinex/Coinsecure [whichever is lower] (INR-BTC) and Bittrex (BTC-STEEM).

If you're interested in buying some other altcoin, let me know, we might be able to work something out.

The regular warnings about cryptocurrencies and risk applies, but you can do your own research. IMO, you should consider investing in those which are actually being used, and have a relatively low market cap.

My preferred method of trade would be Cash, in person. This is only for Mumbai buyers, of course. This will be safest, as we can meet in person in a public place, I can make the transfer, and you can pay me cash only after it is confirmed.

Last edited:
Since this is a commonly asked question - For ETH, I'm not going by Koinex price as it's overly inflated. Currently, it's INR 94,000 per ETH. Instead, we go with the cheapest BTC-INR exchange price at an active exchange (currently 9.8L at Coinsecure) multipled by BTC-ETH price on Binance or Bittrex (currently 0.089), so that comes up to INR 87,000. We'll go with this type of calculation for all crypto trades.

Finally, due to a significant hike in Eth transaction fees, I need a minimum trade of Rs. 10,000 now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back