Bioshock in game sound options

Hi all,

I played the BioShock demo yesterday (LOVED IT). But i have a doubt. And this doubt is not just regarding bioshock, but it is related to all the games that offer the following sound modes:

1. Quadro

2. Surround

3. 5.1

4. 7.1

5. Pro Logic

Bioshock is offering all the above modes. Now the questions:

1. What is the difference between surround and 5.1 (i thought they were the same) ???

2. i know what quadro and 7.1 and 5.1 are ... so no need to explain those.

3. Now comes dolby pro logic. Now how does that mode work. Right now i am using my Z-5500 with 3 analog cables and was using (5.1) with speakers on 6 Channel Direct and got amazing surround. But wasnt able to hear anything Atlas was saying. In game dialogs (of the little sister) were clear. But when i turned my speakers to Dolby Pro Login 2, then the dialogs got amazing but i lost the surround feel (only faint rear sounds were left).

So to use the in game Pro Logic feature, i should set my speakers to 6 channel direct or dolby pro logic mode. Or to use that mode i need SPDIF cable. As i have SPDIF coax only and i lost the coax port on this new mobo. I will be getting the optical one soon.

Please let me asap

Thanks

Well , its obvious that Quadro is for 4.1 system .. Surround should be too , coz if i enable that , my center speaker becomes silent :p ..

Now , i tried both 5.1 and Dolby Pro Logic , and am going to use 5.1 coz with that , the bass and the ambient sounds feel more deep ..

But its a bit odd coz ur saying u cannot hear Atlas in 5.1 mode .. donno why that would be happening :p ..

deathvirus_me said:
Well , its obvious that Quadro is for 4.1 system .. Surround should be too , coz if i enable that , my center speaker becomes silent :p ...
Weel according to me...
Quadro =4-speaker system(no woofer)....
Surround = 4.1 system (with woofer)...

Back